Eight Champions League finals required

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Eight Champions League finals required

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:06 pm

Roberto Mancini believes his team need to bounce back quickly by setting themselves the highest possible standards in the remaining eight games.

The Blues boss puts the Wednesday night disappointment down to the Blues never getting the rub of the green against the Toffees.

“It’s difficult sometimes, but we’ve all been playing football a long time and we know that occasionally, these things can happen,” he said.

“Everton are a very good team and each time they have played us this season they have performed like it was a cup final.

“But, despite this, I don’t think Shay even had a shot to save before they scored and I thought it was a game that may perhaps finish 0-0. We tried hard and just never got the breaks we needed.

“After three games away from home in which we won two and drew one, it sometimes works out that you sometimes lose your home game – that’s the way football sometimes goes.

"It’s important now that we focus on
Wigan because the situation hasn’t
changed dramatically and we have
eight games left and the players must
think positively"

"I just want the players to treat every game like it’s a Champions League final and always give 200% for the team – this is the only way we can improve and get to where we want to be.

"In many ways, our destiny is still in our own hands," he concluded.

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Eight Champions League finals required

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:21 pm

to be honest im sick of the players and management coming out talkinga good game bla bla, i wish theyd shut the fuck up and do the talking on the pitch and everything will take care of itself from there....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Fonz_Groanslikeadyke » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Seriously they should treat every game regardless as to whats at stake as important.Sick of the same old bullshit, have a shit result follow up with a couple of positives and then return to complete and utter rubbish once again.The blame for this has to fall at the managers feet as it is one of his main priorities to make sure the players are sufficiently motivated for the next game.Top managers rarely suffer with the problem of out playing Chelsea,United,Arsenal one week then getting shat on by Everton,Hull,Stoke the next.
Fonz_Groanslikeadyke
Superman's Underpants

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:15 pm

Fonz_Groanslikeadyke wrote:Seriously they should treat every game regardless as to whats at stake as important.Sick of the same old bullshit, have a shit result follow up with a couple of positives and then return to complete and utter rubbish once again.The blame for this has to fall at the managers feet as it is one of his main priorities to make sure the players are sufficiently motivated for the next game.Top managers rarely suffer with the problem of out playing Chelsea,U***d,Arsenal one week then getting shat on by Everton,Hull,Stoke the next.

It is also rare that a manager who has no experience of the English league is brought in half way through the season and told to land a top 4 spot.

You dont have to look too deeply to see that the classic English teams are giving Mancini the biggest problems.. and it has usually been down to the way he has set up the team, for me that says it all. We just have to hope he is learning his lessons.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mike J » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:26 pm

stop saying it and fucking do it then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im so tired of all the talk now and then no fight on the pitch.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby bluej » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Dubciteh wrote:to be honest im sick of the players and management coming out talkinga good game bla bla, i wish theyd shut the fuck up and do the talking on the pitch and everything will take care of itself from there....

Yeah, for the last 2 seasons we've been hearing this and then the inevitable defeat/draw/disappointing performance that follows it.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby pepsi_dave » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:15 pm

Its time for ALL the talking to be done on the pitch IMO otherwise we'll look like a bigger bunch of twats than we already would do.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby gillie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:21 pm

Its time to put up or shut the fuck up.Actions speak louder than words.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Blue Toy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:28 pm

YAWN YAWN FUCKING YAWN CHANGE THE RECORD AND TAKE OFF YOUR PR HEAD.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Return to The Maine Football forum