Santa Cruz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Santa Cruz

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:27 am

scores on average every 5 appearances this season.

In 07/08 Darius Vassell scored every 4.5 appearances and brought more to the team away from goal yet was sold.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Re: Santa Cruz

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:30 am

do you really want serious replies to this?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:34 am

The Man In Blue wrote:do you really want serious replies to this?

Not from you...
sandman

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:36 am

Vassell never conceded a goal in all his time at City.

Given out.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:37 am

sandman wrote:

Not from you...

thought so. carry on slagging off City players - you were probably doing the same to Vass back then.

don't know what has happened to some of us this season.
The Man In Blue

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:38 am

Blue Toy wrote:Vassell never conceded a goal in all his time at City.

Given out.

LMAO.. I am comparing forward for forward.. Hughes wasted a lot of money and on current form he has replaced like for like!!
sandman

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:40 am

The Man In Blue wrote:
sandman wrote:

Not from you...

thought so. carry on slagging off City players - you were probably doing the same to Vass back then.

don't know what has happened to some of us this season.

No, I thought Vass was a reasonable squad player for the team we had back then (not as good as Petrov!!), but he shouldnt be good enough for the bench now.

And its not just this season, ive been a miserable fucker for decades!!
sandman

Postby Crossie » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:54 am

Sorry mate but this is a daft thread.

Why compare 2 totally different players, playing in a totally different squad in a completely different mindset, different manager and coaches.

I know that if the fucker can get fit RSC will be a big asset to our squad, and there will be games where we will do better with him on the pitch than with Adebayor on the pitch.

What is the point in comparing appearances with goals when you know very well he has started about 2 games. Comes on as a sub in all his other appearances, half of which were games when we were struggling. He is an clever player, like everyone who has injuries he needs 5 games to show what he can really do. They guy wants to play, he wants to be fit and score goals, give him a break and support all our players

except Robinho!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:04 am

Crossie wrote:Sorry mate but this is a daft thread.

Why compare 2 totally different players, playing in a totally different squad in a completely different mindset, different manager and coaches.

I know that if the fucker can get fit RSC will be a big asset to our squad, and there will be games where we will do better with him on the pitch than with Adebayor on the pitch.

What is the point in comparing appearances with goals when you know very well he has started about 2 games. Comes on as a sub in all his other appearances, half of which were games when we were struggling. He is an clever player, like everyone who has injuries he needs 5 games to show what he can really do. They guy wants to play, he wants to be fit and score goals, give him a break and support all our players

except Robinho!

exactly Crossie, this is another attempt at an RSC bashing, the guy has barely played in 2 years and every time he plays we usually drop the wingers that can service him and end up given him shag all but hey lets not let all the real facts get in the way of stats. Whats his goals to mins on the pitch rate?

One thing i noticed about RSC on Wed was his desire, chasing lost causes and putting tackles high up the pitch tevez style and trying his best, lets give him a break ffs.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:19 am

[quote="Crossie"]I know that if the fucker can get fit RSC will be a big asset to our squad, and there will be games where we will do better with him on the pitch than with Adebayor on the pitch.quote]

Maybe I am being overly harsh on the fella, but I feel he has had long enough to get fit again now, he trains everyday, when he does make shots they are often way off the mark and 1 of his 3 goals was a tap in that he couldnt have missed.

I really hope he proves me wrong, I would take my hat off to him. I love the club rather than individuals and I have no reason to dislike the fella though I cant help but wonder if Chelsea, Arsenal or the Scum would even consider him?
sandman

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:22 am

Dubciteh wrote:every time he plays we usually drop the wingers that can service him and end up given him shag all

That is a fair point.
sandman

Postby Blue2 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:26 am

sandman wrote:
Crossie wrote:I know that if the fucker can get fit RSC will be a big asset to our squad, and there will be games where we will do better with him on the pitch than with Adebayor on the pitch.quote]

Maybe I am being overly harsh on the fella, but I feel he has had long enough to get fit again now, he trains everyday, when he does make shots they are often way off the mark and 1 of his 3 goals was a tap in that he couldnt have missed.

I really hope he proves me wrong, I would take my hat off to him. I love the club rather than individuals and I have no reason to dislike the fella though I cant help but wonder if Chelsea, Arsenal or the Scum would even consider him?

Agree, how long is it going to take to get fit? or is he already fit and just not good enough. His shooting is awful, so is his control and ability to pass to his team mates. He has had one good season in his whole career. Would be happy to be proved wrong, but imo he is never going make it here.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:29 am

Blue2 wrote:
sandman wrote:
Crossie wrote:I know that if the fucker can get fit RSC will be a big asset to our squad, and there will be games where we will do better with him on the pitch than with Adebayor on the pitch.quote]

Agree, how long is it going to take to get fit? or is he already fit and just not good enough. His shooting is awful, so is his control and ability to pass to his team mates. He has had one good season in his whole career. Would be happy to be proved wrong, but imo he is never going make it here.

And does anyone else remember that amazing half season Benjani had at Portsmouth before signing for us in the Jan. I feel it is the same situation.
sandman

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:31 am

sandman wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:every time he plays we usually drop the wingers that can service him and end up given him shag all

That is a fair point.

We also play him like against Fulham where he did well and then drop him for the Everton game. How is the guy meant to get any rhythem to his game and proper fitness if he is in then out. No player in the world could cope with that. I will judge him when he has a decent run of games and not before.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:35 am

Sister of fu wrote:
sandman wrote:

That is a fair point.

We also play him like against Fulham where he did well and then drop him for the Everton game. How is the guy meant to get any rhythem to his game and proper fitness if he is in then out. No player in the world could cope with that. I will judge him when he has a decent run of games and not before.

I thought he was average at Fulham, nothing more. He did what is expected of him and what he is paid to do.
sandman

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:39 am

He is sexy though, isn't he?
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:39 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:He is sexy though, isn't he?

My Mrs thinks so..
sandman

Postby Chinners » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:40 am

Sister of fu wrote: I will judge him when he has a decent run of games and not before.

I agree with this ... mind I think its going to be a long long wait for that
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:40 am

sandman wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
sandman wrote:

That is a fair point.

I thought he was average at Fulham, nothing more. He did what is expected of him and what he is paid to do.

You have issue with RSC and it's obvious you ain't going to cut the guy some slack no matter what he does. I really hope he sticks it to fans like you.
Sister of fu

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:43 am

Chinners wrote:
Sister of fu wrote: I will judge him when he has a decent run of games and not before.

I agree with this ... mind I think its going to be a long long wait for that

Oh not sure about that Ade is back Monday and not positive we can keep him on the pitch for 8 games on the bounce!!
Sister of fu

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum