Santa Cruz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Santa Cruz

Postby Lionheart » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:46 am

Yes, but hes so dreamy.
Lionheart
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:58 am

Sister of fu wrote:
sandman wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
sandman wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:every time he plays we usually drop the wingers that can service him and end up given him shag all

That is a fair point.

We also play him like against Fulham where he did well and then drop him for the Everton game. How is the guy meant to get any rhythem to his game and proper fitness if he is in then out. No player in the world could cope with that. I will judge him when he has a decent run of games and not before.

I thought he was average at Fulham, nothing more. He did what is expected of him and what he is paid to do.

You have issue with RSC and it's obvious you ain't going to cut the guy some slack no matter what he does. I really hope he sticks it to fans like you.

Totally Incorrect, I have no issue with RSC or any other player in the squad at the moment, I will cut him some slack when he looks like a player worthy of a place on the bench in a top 4 side, for the same reason I am not satisfied with Barry, Richards and Toure, but I am not on here after every loss moaning about them either. I too genuinley hope he sticks it to me, but I honestly believe he just cant cut the mustard.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:11 pm

I think he was a poor buy, but when he has played recently he's looked ok. At Sunderland his control was excellent and it was his ability to get hold of the ball and keep it that changed the game our way in the second half. And I also thought it was a shocking decision to drop him for the Scouse 2 game.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby HeyMark » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:19 pm

I liked when we signed him and he went to the ground as was kissing babies, very presidential like!

On topic though, the guy needs a run of games to show what he can really do, i've seen in flashes of it this season that he is a really intelligent player, holds the ball up well and brings others into the game. Sadly most games he's played the service to him has been terrible
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Vhero » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:34 pm

No point in this thread mate too many people on here blindly think he's a great striker no matter hoe many facts you throw in front of them they will have an answer for everything or just ignore them. They can see on the pitch he's a fucking waste of space the fact he scored the other week makes them all think he's great even if it was just a tap in. He has done nothing worth the massive price tag we paid and looking at him on the pitch he never will in a City shirt. Sure you could blame it on the fact he just came back from injury but he's always gonna be coming back from injury with his injury proneness. So that point is moot.. I honestly don't get what people see in him he doesn't score any great goals, doesn't look dangerous in the box like with Ade, and has missed a few sitters in the few games he has played already this season. Yet people still think he's a good player all because of that one season at Blackburn he has never in his whole career been able to mirror. Nothing but a 1 season wonder. He is costing us a place on the field.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:46 pm

I don't think anybody is saying that he's a great striker. It seems to me that what is being said is that if given a chance he could prove useful. He did play well at Sunderland, even though it's fair to point out he missed a sitter.
It doesn't matter whether he scores great goal, or tap ins, they all count the same....1. One of our all time favourites rarely scored fabulous goals, plenty of close range efforts and scruffy bundled efforts. Discount them and Shaun Goater would barely have had ten goals for us, never mind more than a hundred.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby HeyMark » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Its funny how boj was even more injury prone than santa cruz but he was heralded as the second coming of jesus!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Vhero wrote:No point in this thread mate too many people on here blindly think he's a great striker no matter hoe many facts you throw in front of them they will have an answer for everything or just ignore them. They can see on the pitch he's a fucking waste of space the fact he scored the other week makes them all think he's great even if it was just a tap in. He has done nothing worth the massive price tag we paid and looking at him on the pitch he never will in a City shirt. Sure you could blame it on the fact he just came back from injury but he's always gonna be coming back from injury with his injury proneness. So that point is moot.. I honestly don't get what people see in him he doesn't score any great goals, doesn't look dangerous in the box like with Ade, and has missed a few sitters in the few games he has played already this season. Yet people still think he's a good player all because of that one season at Blackburn he has never in his whole career been able to mirror. Nothing but a 1 season wonder. He is costing us a place on the field.

god you talk some shit, find one post from anyone on this forum that says hes great and i will start to take you more seriousley...O and can you get m his goal to minute ratio aswell please.Thanks
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:56 pm

HeyMark wrote:Its funny how boj was even more injury prone than santa cruz but he was heralded as the second coming of jesus!

Boj looked great everytime he came on, plus Boj was mostly injured whilst he was here, Santa Cruz's lovers are using pre city injuries as an excuse, he's been mostly available this season..
sandman

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Vhero wrote:No point in this thread mate too many people on here blindly think he's a great striker no matter hoe many facts you throw in front of them they will have an answer for everything or just ignore them. They can see on the pitch he's a fucking waste of space the fact he scored the other week makes them all think he's great even if it was just a tap in. He has done nothing worth the massive price tag we paid and looking at him on the pitch he never will in a City shirt. Sure you could blame it on the fact he just came back from injury but he's always gonna be coming back from injury with his injury proneness. So that point is moot.. I honestly don't get what people see in him he doesn't score any great goals, doesn't look dangerous in the box like with Ade, and has missed a few sitters in the few games he has played already this season. Yet people still think he's a good player all because of that one season at Blackburn he has never in his whole career been able to mirror. Nothing but a 1 season wonder. He is costing us a place on the field.

Would love you to quote the bit where anyone said he was a great striker. All people are asking for is for him to be judged after a run of games. Why are certain City players afforded the luxury of being shit, lazy and looking like they could not care less (Robinho/ Ade) and others aint?? Baffles me!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:50 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

Would love you to quote the bit where anyone said he was a great striker. All people are asking for is for him to be judged after a run of games. Why are certain City players afforded the luxury of being shit, lazy and looking like they could not care less (Robinho/ Ade) and others aint?? Baffles me!!

Its not what you do its the way which what you do it, Ade can find the net regularly.

I hate to quote Ron Manager but "to win the game you have to put the ball in the opposing teams goal more times than the opposing team put the ball in your net" Ade does this despite not looking arsed, so far Santa Cruz doesnt.
sandman

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Well if that's the case the same must apply to The Boj and if I can recall he scored what 2 goals, yet he was allowed all the time in the world without the same abuse RSC gets??

As for Ade not really set the world on fire, for someone on 140,000 a week I expect far more, being on the pitch would be a start.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby btajim » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:51 pm

We overpaid for him but I was happy to let Hughes bring in a Player he knew well. It worked with Bellamy! A man who arrived against considerable opposition from many on here.

Personally, I think Santa Cruz is little more than a back up Striker along the lines of Bojinov or Caiceido. The Lad needs First Team Football regularly but he doesn't yet deserve it here.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:00 pm

Same sort of people plagued the Goat when we signed him. If he has a decnt run of starts & doesn't do anything then he's a fair target for criticism. His injury record is a fair target for criticism. However, slagging him off for his current contribution to the team during occasional starts, when he's contributed to several victories is just unfair, unneccessary, counter productive, shite imo.

Why the fuck would any City fan want to start a thread on that at this point? It was his fault we let those two shite goals in v Everton I take it? If not for him we would have won? My fucking arse.

I recon some people would prefer him to fail.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Grob » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:44 pm

I think Santa Cruz is the kind of player who makes those around him better. It certainly looked that waya against Fulham.

Classic target man.

Not £18 million quids worth of target man but whats done is done.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Vhero » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:02 pm

sandman wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

Its not what you do its the way which what you do it, Ade can find the net regularly.

I hate to quote Ron Manager but "to win the game you have to put the ball in the opposing teams goal more times than the opposing team put the ball in your net" Ade does this despite not looking arsed, so far Santa Cruz doesnt.

Thankyou plus people come on with his injury proneness he is never gonna get a decent run of games so we have to give him a rating on how he plays in the times he is available.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Vhero wrote:
sandman wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

Thankyou plus people come on with his injury proneness he is never gonna get a decent run of games so we have to give him a rating on how he plays in the times he is available.

you ignoring my question?still awaiting the quote.

Cheers
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Vhero wrote:
sandman wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

6 starts, 4 goals.

Or does that not suit your agenda?

you're like a dog with a bone with certain players. Its amusing though.
Original Dub

Postby john@staustell » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:00 am

Grob wrote:I think Santa Cruz is the kind of player who makes those around him better. It certainly looked that waya against Fulham.

Classic target man.

Quite right Grob. And as Dub says his goals to starts ratio is good, despite his injuries.

What no-one has mentioned when criticising him for being injury-prone, is that he has been forced into play due to our having only 3 strikers. The Everton away game was a classic. He had come off with a calf injury 4 days before and the Paraguay doctor said he needed at least 2 weeks rest. But because Ade was being machine-gunned, Tevez swanning off with one of his missus's and Robinho being a cunt Bobby started with him at Everton. Never should have played in that one at all, so more weeks out injured.

He will come good.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:06 am

john@staustell wrote:
Grob wrote:I think Santa Cruz is the kind of player who makes those around him better. It certainly looked that waya against Fulham.

Classic target man.

Quite right Grob. And as Dub says his goals to starts ratio is good, despite his injuries.

What no-one has mentioned when criticising him for being injury-prone, is that he has been forced into play due to our having only 3 strikers. The Everton away game was a classic. He had come off with a calf injury 4 days before and the Paraguay doctor said he needed at least 2 weeks rest. But because Ade was being machine-gunned, Tevez swanning off with one of his missus's and Robinho being a cunt Bobby started with him at Everton. Never should have played in that one at all, so more weeks out injured.

He will come good.

If he came to Eastlands with someone like Everton, who are capable of playing decent balls into the box, he would likely score against us & give our defenders a torrid time just like he did when he played against us for Blackburn. In our current side he's receieved barely one decent cross but still managed to have an effect & score some goals. I recon that's pretty good going for a striker who thrives on crosses but isn't getting any.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum