Santa Cruz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Santa Cruz

Postby Chewbacca » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:13 am

sandman wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:He is sexy though, isn't he?

My Mrs thinks so..

he also runs like C3P-O
GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRWWWWWWRRRRRRRAAAAAAARRRRHHHH
Chewbacca
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby sandman » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:
sandman wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Vhero wrote:No point in this thread mate too many people on here blindly think he's a great striker no matter hoe many facts you throw in front of them they will have an answer for everything or just ignore them. They can see on the pitch he's a fucking waste of space the fact he scored the other week makes them all think he's great even if it was just a tap in. He has done nothing worth the massive price tag we paid and looking at him on the pitch he never will in a City shirt. Sure you could blame it on the fact he just came back from injury but he's always gonna be coming back from injury with his injury proneness. So that point is moot.. I honestly don't get what people see in him he doesn't score any great goals, doesn't look dangerous in the box like with Ade, and has missed a few sitters in the few games he has played already this season. Yet people still think he's a good player all because of that one season at Blackburn he has never in his whole career been able to mirror. Nothing but a 1 season wonder. He is costing us a place on the field.

Would love you to quote the bit where anyone said he was a great striker. All people are asking for is for him to be judged after a run of games. Why are certain City players afforded the luxury of being shit, lazy and looking like they could not care less (Robinho/ Ade) and others aint?? Baffles me!!

Its not what you do its the way which what you do it, Ade can find the net regularly.

I hate to quote Ron Manager but "to win the game you have to put the ball in the opposing teams goal more times than the opposing team put the ball in your net" Ade does this despite not looking arsed, so far Santa Cruz doesnt.

Thankyou plus people come on with his injury proneness he is never gonna get a decent run of games so we have to give him a rating on how he plays in the times he is available.

6 starts, 4 goals.

Or does that not suit your agenda?

you're like a dog with a bone with certain players. Its amusing though.

Another way to look at it would be 17 appearances and 4 goals in all competitions.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:44 pm

All the times he came on as sub?

Nah, its the starts that really judge a player. Everyone knows that.
Original Dub

Postby Big Buddha Cheese » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:00 pm

I think i'm going to judge him on the times i have seen him play on a football pitch, regardless of whether he has started or come from the bench. Personally I think he is an absolute joke of a footballer and blackburn completely pulled our pants down due to Hughes' obvious obsession which signing his crocked favourite.

I saw him at Bayern, I've seen him for Paraguay, I saw him at Blackburn and now at City. The guy is utter garbage and his injury record is amongst the worst I have ever seen.
Big Buddha Cheese
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: city

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:04 pm

Big Buddha Cheese wrote:I think i'm going to judge him on the times i have seen him play on a football pitch, regardless of whether he has started or come from the bench. Personally I think he is an absolute joke of a footballer and blackburn completely pulled our pants down due to Hughes' obvious obsession which signing his crocked favourite.

I saw him at Bayern, I've seen him for Paraguay, I saw him at Blackburn and now at City. The guy is utter garbage and his injury record is amongst the worst I have ever seen.

He has a terrible injury record, but a shite footballer he most certainly is not.
Original Dub

Postby sandman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:06 pm

Big Buddha Cheese wrote:I think i'm going to judge him on the times i have seen him play on a football pitch, regardless of whether he has started or come from the bench. Personally I think he is an absolute joke of a footballer and blackburn completely pulled our pants down due to Hughes' obvious obsession which signing his crocked favourite.

Agreed, So many people on this website have such a narrow view, they seem to think that players careers begin and end at our club.

His one good season in his professional career was through playing lone striker in a squad that hoofed balls at him from all over the park, just like Berbatov at Spurs!!
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Big Buddha Cheese » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:11 pm

Original Dub wrote:

He has a terrible injury record, but a shite footballer he most certainly is not.

Thank you for your opinion again. I couldn't possibly disagree with you more and it makes me wonder what games you have seen that I haven't.
Big Buddha Cheese

Postby Big Buddha Cheese » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:14 pm

sandman wrote:

Agreed, So many people on this website have such a narrow view, they seem to think that players careers begin and end at our club.

His one good season in his professional career was through playing lone striker in a squad that hoofed balls at him from all over the park, just like Berbatov at Spurs!!

Yes he had one good season. Before and since that season his injury record has been absolutely atrocious. Now he is approaching 30 these have finally taken their toll. So what was once a very average footballer is now a woeful one.
Big Buddha Cheese

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:15 pm

sandman wrote:

So united must have started hoofing balls lately then because Berbatov has scored a few...

Also, the whole point of having RSC in the squad (the price tag wasn't his fault) was to have something different when needed. And he has chipped in with a few goals when called upon to start in the absence of others.

So many people on this site do indeed have a narrow view and just like to get on players backs because they need a boo boy. The guy is a Manchester City player and he has chipped in when called upon. I'm confident he'll have an important part to play in the run in too, just like he did in two of the last three games.
Original Dub

Postby Big Buddha Cheese » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:

So U***d must have started hoofing balls lately then because Berbatov has scored a few...

Also, the whole point of having RSC in the squad (the price tag wasn't his fault) was to have something different when needed. And he has chipped in with a few goals when called upon to start in the absence of others.

So many people on this site do indeed have a narrow view and just like to get on players backs because they need a boo boy. The guy is a Manchester City player and he has chipped in when called upon. I'm confident he'll have an important part to play in the run in too, just like he did in two of the last three games.

Correct. We were short of a crocked carthorse at the time. So we spent big on one and now we no longer have a vacancy in this department.
Big Buddha Cheese

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:18 pm

Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:

So U***d must have started hoofing balls lately then because Berbatov has scored a few...

He will not be playing for us next year..Id wager that.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:19 pm

Big Buddha Cheese wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:

Correct. We were short of a crocked carthorse at the time. So we spent big on one and now we no longer have a vacancy in this department.

If it wasn't for that carthorse against sunderland and fulham I believe we could be out of the running for fourth.

Don't worry about spending big, we're the richest club in the world and its not your money.
Original Dub

Postby Big Buddha Cheese » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:

He will not be playing for us next year..Id wager that.

Course he won't. But I would wager that we will have to pay a good chunk of his wages for the remainder of his contract. No club in the right mind would go near him.
Big Buddha Cheese

Postby Big Buddha Cheese » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Big Buddha Cheese wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:

If it wasn't for that carthorse against sunderland and fulham I believe we could be out of the running for fourth.

Don't worry about spending big, we're the richest club in the world and its not your money.

I am not worried about anything. Even giving stupid amounts of sums to other clubs for their crocks. I am not even worried about other clubs seeing the ridiculous sums we pay for said crocks and making sure we consistently pay well over the odds for them. Thanks very much for your concern though.

Regarding your opinion about his performances at Sunderland and Fulham and us being out of the running without him. I'm still trying to work out if this is some sort of twisted humour you are attempting to display. If not it would appear that you watch a completely different game to the one I watch and I have no doubts whatsoever that your boy's career will take a huge nosedive once this season has finished. Whereas you feel he will play a vital part in our run in. Crikey bobs!
Big Buddha Cheese

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:36 pm

I disagree
Original Dub

Postby Big Buddha Cheese » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Original Dub wrote:I disagree

Get away...
Big Buddha Cheese

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:44 pm

"I am not worried about anything. Even giving stupid amounts of sums to other clubs for their crocks. I am not even worried about other clubs seeing the ridiculous sums we pay for said crocks and making sure we consistently pay well over the odds for them. Thanks very much for your concern though.

Regarding your opinion about his performances at Sunderland and Fulham and us being out of the running without him. I'm still trying to work out if this is some sort of twisted humour you are attempting to display. If not it would appear that you watch a completely different game to the one I watch and I have no doubts whatsoever that your boy's career will take a huge nosedive once this season has finished. Whereas you feel he will play a vital part in our run in. Crikey bobs!"

Oh you've definitely posted on this site before, no doubt about it. New username though... hmmm.

Anyway, I must have watched different games, because I'm sure our play got better after RSC came on against Sunderland and I'm pretty sure I saw him score the opener against Fulham...

I don't know why you're calling him my "boy" because I have no more support for him than I do for any other Manchester City player... Bit strange that?

Also your last sentance makes no sense whatsoever: you say his career will nosedive AFTER the season, whereas I said he could well play an important role in the RUN IN TO THE END OF THE SEASON.

Are you drinking?
Original Dub

Postby Big Buddha Cheese » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:48 pm

Original Dub wrote:"I am not worried about anything. Even giving stupid amounts of sums to other clubs for their crocks. I am not even worried about other clubs seeing the ridiculous sums we pay for said crocks and making sure we consistently pay well over the odds for them. Thanks very much for your concern though.

Regarding your opinion about his performances at Sunderland and Fulham and us being out of the running without him. I'm still trying to work out if this is some sort of twisted humour you are attempting to display. If not it would appear that you watch a completely different game to the one I watch and I have no doubts whatsoever that your boy's career will take a huge nosedive once this season has finished. Whereas you feel he will play a vital part in our run in. Crikey bobs!"

Oh you've definitely posted on this site before, no doubt about it. New username though... hmmm.

Anyway, I must have watched different games, because I'm sure our play got better after RSC came on against Sunderland and I'm pretty sure I saw him score the opener against Fulham...

I don't know why you're calling him my "boy" because I have no more support for him than I do for any other Manchester City player... Bit strange that?

Also your last sentance makes no sense whatsoever: you say his career will nosedive AFTER the season, whereas I said he could well play an important role in the RUN IN TO THE END OF THE SEASON.

Are you drinking?

My last sentence makes perfect sense. His career will nosedive. He will no longer be playing for a club which are attempting to go places.

No I am not drinking.

Why do you not know how to quote? How long have you been here?

I will look out for this important role he shall be playing in our run in. Be sure to keep me updated in case I miss it. I trust you get a good view from your seat?
Big Buddha Cheese

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Big Buddha Cheese wrote:
Original Dub wrote:"I am not worried about anything. Even giving stupid amounts of sums to other clubs for their crocks. I am not even worried about other clubs seeing the ridiculous sums we pay for said crocks and making sure we consistently pay well over the odds for them. Thanks very much for your concern though.

Are you drinking?

My last sentence makes perfect sense. His career will nosedive. He will no longer be playing for a club which are attempting to go places.

No I am not drinking.

I will look out for this important role he shall be playing in our run in. Be sure to keep me updated in case I miss it. I trust you get a good view from your seat?

I'll find out who you really are, it always comes out in the wash...

I just find it easier to copy and paste when the maximum quotes have been reached. I'm actually quite suprised you know how to chop and change it when that happens and you only made your very first post ever today? haha yeah right...

Ah, you make the reference to the fact I don't live in Manchester by referring to my seat. Well I assure you chief that I see quite a lot of football from my seat thanks.

You're a fucking knob, but at least you've exploded onto the scene (again)

Well done!
Original Dub

Postby Big Buddha Cheese » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:06 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Big Buddha Cheese wrote:

Are you drinking?

No I am not drinking.

I'll find out who you really are, it always comes out in the wash...

I just find it easier to copy and paste when the maximum quotes have been reached. I'm actually quite suprised you know how to chop and change it when that happens and you only made your very first post ever today? haha yeah right...

Ah, you make the reference to the fact I don't live in Manchester by referring to my seat. Well I assure you chief that I see quite a lot of football from my seat thanks.

You're a fucking knob, but at least you've exploded onto the scene (again)

Well done!

No you don't you lying cunt. If you want to name call further, pm me.
Big Buddha Cheese

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum