Training Saturday 27/3

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Saturday 27/3

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:31 pm

Thursday and Friday off but a good session today to shake of the wednesday defeat. No Ireland as expected along with Bridge,Petrov and Lescott. Bridge did come out later with a physio but for very light work. The plan is for Bridge and Petrov to stup up training outside next week. The surprise today was no Tevez but I was assured he was ok and just working inside today on some specific things.

Before they came out I watched the cones/poles etc being set up for some of the fitness routines and they seemed to be overlapping with where the keepers worked. A few words between Massimo the keper coach and the guy setting them looked like it might be interesting but all was fine which was good as it was very near to the fencing and thus nice for the few watching fans. Usual keep ball circles and warm up routines/ jogging followed by a competitive 10 a side team game of keep ball.The numbers were made up today with 5 reserves namely Nimley,Cunningham,Mak,Boyata and Ibrahim.

Richards tweaked something in this session and was out for a little while and after getting involved again eventually called it a day. Serious enough to stop training but hopefully nothing to keep him out on Monday.I watched the keepers a little closer today and they were being worked hard by the coach. One little session involved 2 keepers firing balls from 5 yards at whoever was in goal and with no sympathy involved in letting them recover. All about agility and recovery speed and it made me tired just watching. One ball came over the fence and I noticed it was a smaller ball than regulation and incredibly smooth and slippery. Massimo the coach said it was all about making it harder to keep out but then when they get back to the normal size that feels easier.

The final work out routine brought the players very close to the watchers and thus we could hear almost everything that was said.Not that we needed to be close when Bellers let rip on one occasion when he had a go at a player he thought wasn't putting it in. Classic Bellers.This part was done with the group splitting into 2 so Mancini could take a team away for what looked like some attacking and tactical work.The first team he took for this was an interesting 10 players. I can say no more.

A 10 a side game followed which was pretty full on and Robbie Mak was welcomed by being Zabbad ( sounds like a word to me!)Absolutely clattered to show the intensity of the session was good. NDJ tried something similar but whoever it was got out of the way. Good to see the main strikers scoring a few. RSC missing one good chance but scoring with a top header but overall nothing too much to report on from it.

It all ended with some shooting practice with a host of players staying back for more. The winner of this session overall was Stu Taylor who was excellent but the best finisher was Adebayor with least successful being Greg Cunningham.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Saturday 27/3

Postby mr_nool » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:47 pm

great report today Doug!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:57 pm

top stuff Doug.

im getting a sense from your reports recently that Bob has kind of settled more in respect to training.. in other words there is more about what you might call normallity about it as opposed to what seemed like emergency team shape sessions from when he first arrived.. am i reading that correctly?

also interesting to hear Tevez working on specific things.. tantalising even..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:30 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The first team he took for this was an interesting 10 players. I can say no more.

You little tease Doug, you'll have to let us know after Monday night whether this reflected the team v Wigan or not
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Come on Ade, cometh the hour and all that
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:58 pm

brite blu sky wrote:top stuff Doug.

im getting a sense from your reports recently that Bob has kind of settled more in respect to training.. in other words there is more about what you might call normallity about it as opposed to what seemed like emergency team shape sessions from when he first arrived.. am i reading that correctly?

Yes I think you are right. There is still some regular time spent on the team shape and movement but not as much.More to make sure it's solid and second nature in the players thinking. The timing is a little more consistent as well and there seems to be more of a balance between excercises and football than there was before.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:42 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:top stuff Doug.

Yes I think you are right. There is still some regular time spent on the team shape and movement but not as much.More to make sure it's solid and second nature in the players thinking. The timing is a little more consistent as well and there seems to be more of a balance between excercises and football than there was before.

pleased to hear that Doug.. gives me an added sense that things are 'settling down' which by all accounts allows everyone to concentrate on other things and perhaps more importantly have the time to play about trying things.. basically the emphasis has shifted.. and i think we can see that in the games also ( just about if you look carefully! ).

Just like to say again Doug how valuable your reports are to keeping us all that bit closer to what is going on, which in reality fills in a huge gap in understanding that otherwise is just left open to wanton speculation.

terrific stuff Hombre, thanks
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Crossie » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:47 pm

Doug was the player Bellers let rip at older or younger than him?...............
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:52 pm

I've guessed it, Doug. He had Nige playing just off the strikers, ghosting into the box ala Martin Peters and Sibierski.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Biamp » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:15 am

Cheers Doug, another great report.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:31 am

craigmcfc wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The first team he took for this was an interesting 10 players. I can say no more.

You little tease Doug, you'll have to let us know after Monday night whether this reflected the team v Wigan or not

...................so we know for next time!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 am

john@staustell wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

So Doug.........?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:49 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

So Doug.........?

yeah cmon Doug spill the beans
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:28 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

So Doug.........?

yeah cmon Doug spill the beans

Sorry I was away. Yes it was the team for the Wigan match. No Barry or Bellamy or Micah being the most notable but also playing Garrido at left back. RSC was up top with Ade but I was sure that was because Tevez wasn't training.

I have to say I was worried about Tevez being unfit although I was told he was working inside.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:57 pm

Cheers Doug, you're ITK radar was spot on then
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:58 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Cheers Doug, you're ITK radar was spot on then

Really glad I didn't post it as i don't think it would have been well received would it?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Really glad I didn't post it as i don't think it would have been well received would it?

It wouldn't but then that's why your so well received around the training ground because they know that you can be trusted
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:03 pm

So you think that noone else knew what our training tactics were then becuase you didnt say anything?????? ha ha ha..Im sure Wigan would have a spy or 2 there as well doughy lad !!....
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

So you think that noone else knew what our training tactics were then becuase you didnt say anything?????? ha ha ha..Im sure Wigan would have a spy or 2 there as well doughy lad !!....

Lol his camouflage was brilliant then as I spoke to everyone alse watching and they weren't Wigan fans.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Lol his camouflage was brilliant then as I spoke to everyone alse watching and they weren't Wigan fans.

So you were behind closed doors then with 50 security guards making sure noone could see anything but you and a few others?

LOL alright then..
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum