Vierra is the key

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vierra is the key

Postby Dameerto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:48 pm

I have the opinion the Dapper Don likes midfield generals, I thought this was why he bought him, having managed him previously, to give us some leadership further forward. He clearly isn't the answer though, and if Bobby Manc stays with us I'm sure we will get another one (hopefully in the form of a creative genious) in the summer.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Kladze » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:55 pm

I thought it was a stroll in the park for Paddy tonight, didn't even break sweat. No really ! I mean it, surprised the lazy cnut didn't bring a dog and a newspaper with him.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Citeh&Crew wrote:I think too many here are caught up with Vieira's pace, although there is validity to this point from one aspect.

Pace.. pace pace pace pace. Please, go sign Usain Bolt.

PV is a class footballer who can still move fast enough to play in the Prem. His vision from midfield has no equal on our team. Case-in-point, in the Sunderland game, he made a few defense splitting passes that were simply brilliant. He adds "Barcelona-esque" component to our game. In fact, I'd love for our team to play like that all the time, but for some damn reason, Mancini and his predecessor seem to like playing defensive boot-ball as a significant part of the gameplan. It just galls me that we have the personnel to field a "passing" team, but don't do it. Not to say I want a managerial change, because I don't.. but back on topic...

Vieira needs consistent playing time to be effective. Not saying that he should play a full 90, and play every game. (To the contrary, that would be bad for him and the team). However, I strongly believe he should be playing 60 minutes per game, so as to get warmed up and into a rhythm with the team. Vieira cannot do much for the team as a sub-in every few games.. that's a wasteful use of his abilities.

"PV is a class footballer who can still move fast enough to play in the Prem. His vision from midfield has no equal on our team"

...I along with 40000+ would love to know who he was passing to when he kicked the ball stright out of play with no one around him! VISION? He need his fucking eyes lazered, because despite BRIGHT ORANGE SHIRTS, he couldn't see any Wigan player approaching him and dispossessing him time after time!

60 minutes per game?....he played a full game tonight, and looked so out of tune It was like watching an analogue TV with 10 digital TV's around him!

Ability?!!!...fuck me Paul Daniels must have had Vieira hidden behind one of his satin handkerchiefs and made any lingering ability vanish.

His presence at the club is thwarting talent coming through. I would rather see Ibrahim be given a run out from the bench than paying that fuckwit £100K+ per week. We should not be used as some fucking personal warm up to try and get into a national team for a world cup swansong.

If Gary Cook has any sense, Vieira's contract will be terminated in the morning.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:59 pm

He did set up the opening goal you know?

But yeah, he was gash.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:01 pm

dazby wrote:He did set up the opening goal you know?

But yeah, he was gash.

With respect Dazby, their 'Keeper set up the opening goal ; )

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby gillie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 pm

So i was wrong what can i say nothing hands held up dont crucify me for one bad call.Btw the pass for the first goal was him at his best but you lot are right he is too fuckin slow now.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby bluebananamilksheikh » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:08 pm

Kladze wrote:I thought it was a stroll in the park for Paddy tonight, didn't even break sweat. No really ! I mean it, surprised the lazy cnut didn't bring a dog and a newspaper with him.

PMSL - Seriously though I don't think he is lazy, he just is passed it now.The Prem is a lot faster than serie A & his sight has
as also gone , he passed like Mr Magoo tonight !!!
bluebananamilksheikh
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Champ1-6ns 12
My favourite player is: Richard Wright

Postby Dameerto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:08 pm

gillie wrote:So i was wrong what can i say nothing hands held up dont crucify me for one bad call.Btw the pass for the first goal was him at his best but you lot are right he is too fuckin slow now.

He can still pick out some good passes, I agree, he's done it a few times this season. I'm just really hoping he was a half-season temporary measure by the boss.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:08 pm

Thing is Gillie, he will be getting more games. He will be e><pected to create, he will be e><pected to lead.

Like it or not, he is the key. I shudder to think how he'll go against Arsenal.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby gillie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 pm

dazby wrote:Thing is Gillie, he will be getting more games. He will be e><pected to create, he will be e><pected to lead.

He wont if the manager has half a brain but i may be wrong or the manager is brainless.Take your pick?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby HeyMark » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 pm

gillie wrote:
dazby wrote:Thing is Gillie, he will be getting more games. He will be e><pected to create, he will be e><pected to lead.

He wont if the manager has half a brain but i may be wrong or the manager is brainless.Take your pick?.

I'll be very surprised if he starts away at arsenal.

But then again i do think or manager is a bit brainless......or clueless if you prefer ;)
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:24 pm

HeyMark wrote:
gillie wrote:

I'll be very surprised if he starts away at arsenal.

But then again i do think or manager is a bit brainless......or clueless if you prefer ;)

If Vieira starts at Arsenal, we will be 3 down at half-time.

Manx Blue

Postby gillie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:30 pm

My point in starting this thread was not about PV the player as PV the father figure to all our players who might feel the pressure of the run in.In other words be a calming influence but the thread has been taken out of context.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:31 pm

It's sad in a way to see a Premiership Legend looking so bad. The Wigan midfield took the piss out of him simply by jogging past him and he still couldn't keep up and then often gave up trying.

His passing was woeful in the main but there were a couple of gems in there too. You can tell his brain still has it and he wants to do it but the body is weak and slow.

He should never of returned and the manager should not have even considered going after him.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby bluebananamilksheikh » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:33 pm

dazby wrote:Thing is Gillie, he will be [highlight]getting more games.[/highlight] He will be e><pected to create, he will be e><pected to lead.

If he needs more games I'll get him Monolopy & Cluedo !!!! Anything that will keep him occupied on the Bench!!!!
bluebananamilksheikh
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Champ1-6ns 12
My favourite player is: Richard Wright

Postby 9secondlegend » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:33 pm

does he know we play in blue?
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:35 pm

Despite Patty being gash,the booing and songs about fuck off Vieira were totally wrong.

He is past it,but lets not berate a Prem legend lets just hope Bobby puts him out to pasture gracefully.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Despite Patty being gash,the booing and songs about fuck off Vieira were totally wrong.

He is past it,but lets not berate a Prem legend lets just hope [highlight]Bobby puts him out to pasture gracefully[/highlight].

Mancini kept toying with that idea during the game by telling Barry to warm up twice when the crowd were getting on his back but he resisted to make the change for some reason. Against another midfield Vieira would have directly contributed to a couple of goals for the opposition with his awful passing :-(
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:54 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:It's sad in a way to see a Premiership Legend looking so bad. The Wigan midfield took the piss out of him simply by jogging past him and he still couldn't keep up and then often gave up trying.

His passing was woeful in the main but there were a couple of gems in there too. You can tell his brain still has it and he wants to do it but the body is weak and slow.

He should never of returned and the manager should not have even considered going after him.

My sentiments to a T. He was very poor again apart from a few quality passes. Hopefully he won't get too many full games and merely helps behind the scenes. It is such a shame to watch one of my all-time players become soooooo..........................average.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:32 pm

Some responses on here are feckin ridiculous.Vieira's legs have gone, a blindman can see that. Once a players past him he wont catch him. But he can still pass and he can still move through the pitch with the ball. He knows when to play square and when to knock it forwards. He made two goals.He was a feckin site more use than Zab, Garrido, Nige, Toure, Shaun and Ade.Yes he'll get mullered v rags and Arse. But I doubt he'll play those games. V Spurs? now thats a tricky decision.Probably not, but a useful sub.But for feck sake give the man some credit for his football brain compared to the headless chickens around him.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum