Sunday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:30 am

JOSE Mourinho aims to stay at Inter Milan next season and snub an immediate return to the Premier League.
The ex-Chelsea boss has been strongly linked with Manchester City and Liverpool.
But while in Manchester last week Mourinho’s agent, Jorge Mendes, told the Daily Star Sunday: “I think Jose will stay with Inter. He has three years on his contract and he’s okay. He’s doing a good job.
“He loves English football and I think English football loves him. He enjoyed the result at Chelsea in the Champions League because he got his tactics right and he handled himself very well.”
It’s clear that the one job in England Mourinho couldn’t turn down would be at Manchester United – as we reported a fortnight ago.
But United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, 68, has given no hint he is close to retiring.
Mourinho, therefore, is ready to wait and will try to enhance his reputation further by making Inter more successful in the meantime.
He won the Serie A title in his first season at the San Siro and is again top of the table in Italy.
And after defeating Chelsea in the Champions League, he’s now chasing that trophy too.
Real Madrid may try to tempt Mourinho, 47, in the summer, but close confidant Mendes believes he will stay at Inter.
Eyebrows were raised in chic Manchester restaurant San Carlo on Wednesday when Mendes arrived at the venue popular with the football fraternity. There was a feeling his visit could be to meet City officials on behalf of Mourinho.
But Mendes, who also acts for Cristiano Ronaldo, had other business with United – agreeing a new contract for winger Nani, who joined his agent for lunch.
Meanwhile, former United star Denis Irwin believes Fergie will tell no one when he’s quitting.
Irwin said: “When he finishes it’ll be quick, clean and that will be that. He won’t warn anyone and we won’t see it coming. It’ll be a clean break, he won’t move upstairs or anything like that.
“He certainly likes challenges and with City improving he may want to face them down for another year or two.
“He’ll have other ambitions too. Passing Liverpool on the roll of honour is one and he might do it this year. I’m sure he feels he should have won more than two Champions League titles, too, but whenever he goes it’ll be quick and sudden.”

Stuart Attwell will take charge of City's Premier League game against Wigan at Eastlands.
The Warwickshire official has refereed 23 games so far this season in which he has shown 80 yellow cards and 3 reds.
Stuart Attwell will be assisted by Andy Halliday and Phil Sharp for the match on Monday night.

Arsenal are set to join the race for SV Hamburg star Jerome Boateng.
Manchester City have already made their interest in the 21-year-old central defender known – but Arsenal have also been alerted to his availability for £11million.
Arsenal scouts have been monitoring Bundesliga games in the last month as manager Arsene Wenger looks to strengthen his squad in the aummer.
Boateng, who played for the victorious German side against England in the final of the European Under-21 finals in Sweden last June, has impressed with his displays for Hamburg.
Wenger is anxious to increase his options with the addition of a defender and a striker.
Bordeaux’s Marouane Chamakh seems certain to move to The Emirates at the end of his contract and sign a five-year deal at Arsenal.
That will be on a free and will leave Wenger with substantial cash to bring in more re-inforcements.
The Arsenal manager is believed to have in excess of £30m at his disposal

Manchester City's Toure says Champions League can secure brother Yaya's arrival
Manchester City centre-back Kolo Toure believes that his younger brother, Barcelona midfielder Yaya can be persuaded to sign at Eastlands if Champions League football is secured.
The 26 year-old has been regularly linked with a move to England, especially at the start of this season when he was struggling for first team football at Barcelona. Manchester City and Arsenal in particular have been rumoured to be especially keen on the Barcelona midfield enforcer.
However, Yaya Toure himself recently dismissed the speculation, saying, "I have heard about interest from Manchester City and Arsenal but my future is at Barcelona."
But, in a new twist, older brother Kolo has insisted that Yaya could be a bit hit at Manchester City , telling the Sunday Mirror, “I think Yaya would come. Why not?
“He doesn’t play enough in Barcelona and he is a very good player.
“Boss Pep Guardiola doesn’t play him enough because Barcelona don’t need a player with Yaya’s qualities that much.
“I’d tell him to come to Man City and help this team be one of the world’s best. Then he’d be a hero here.”
Yaya Toure is expected to star at this summer's World Cup for the Ivory Coast and would be estimated to cost around £25million.
However, Kolo admitted that any move would probably be dependent on Manchester City securing Champions League football next season.
He continued, "It’s important to finish in the top four. If we don’t ¬qualify for the Champions League maybe it’ll be difficult to sign other players.”

TRANSFER BOLLOX
The Gunners have also been given first option on West Ham striker Carlton Cole. News of the World

Failing that, Arsenal will take a closer look at Japanese striker Takayuki Morimoto. News of the World

Manchester City, Tottenham and Stoke are all keen on Getafe midfielder Pedro Leon. News of the World

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will discuss a £40m summer move for Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery when the two clubs meet in the Champions League this week. Sunday Express

Chelsea and Spurs are locked in a tussle to land Nigerian teenage striker Sani ­Emmanuel, who is just 17.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Portsmouth's short-term financial future could be secure after receiving a number of bids for players, among them £4.5m from CSKA Moscow for Nadir Belhadj and £5m from Sevilla for Kevin-Prince Boateng. Sunday Telegraph

Birmingham City are eyeing a shock summer move for John Carew as the Norwegian striker's contract talks with Aston Villa have hit a stumbling block. Sunday Mirror

Sunderland are prepared to pay £10m for Tottenham's David Bentley and Jamie O'Hara. News of the World

Barcelona star Thierry Henry is set to join Major League Soccer's New York Red Bulls this summer. News of the World

OTHER BOLLOX
Glenn Hoddle and Graeme Souness have both turned down the chance to take charge at West Ham as the clock appears to tick down on Gianfranco Zola's time managing the club. News of the World

Croatia coach Slaven Bilic has also distanced himself from the West Ham job. Daily Star

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish is instead being lined up to replace Zola. Mail on Sunday

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks stands accused of risking the club's future by rejecting a 40% sale of the club, because he will not make any money from the deal. News of the World

Senior figures at the FA fear the furore over the departure of the Football Association's chief executive, Ian Watmore, has fatally damaged England's bid to stage the 2018 World Cup Mail on Sunday

Burnley's on-loan striker David Nugent is prepared to give up £1m to ensure he never has to play for Portsmouth again. Mail on Sunday

Meanwhile, former Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie, still a consultant at Fratton Park, has received a letter from police over Eyal Berkovic's pay-off from the club in 2005. News of the World

Avram Grant has been asked to stay on as Portsmouth manager next season by administrator Andrew Andronikou, despite all the club's players being up for sale. Observer

Darren Fletcher is negotiating a new contract worth £80,000 a week with Manchester United. News of the World

Gabriel Agbonlahor is also ready to put pen to paper on a new deal, one which will extend his Aston Villa contract by two years and make him one of the club's top earners. News of the World

Arsenal expect Barcelona's Pep Guardiola to succeed Arsene Wenger as manager. Daily Star

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger resorted to a four-letter word when facing the media following his side's 1-1 draw with Birmingham.News of the World

Lionel Messi has a claim to be considered the best player in the world - but has barely any fans in his home country of Argentina. Observer

Bradford Park Avenue are looking to make a Football League comeback, 40 years after being voted out of it. Independent on Sunday
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:50 am

Oh my fuckin' God. Can I start a new 'Peter Walton' type thread!?!

Stuart Attwell will take charge of City's Premier League game against Wigan at Eastlands.
The Warwickshire official has refereed 23 games so far this season in which he has shown 80 yellow cards and 3 reds.
Stuart Attwell will be assisted by Andy Halliday and Phil Sharp for the match on Monday night.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 pm

Henry to NY in the MLS would do 10x more for football in the US than Beckham could ever do. I've said it over and over...you get a black player -- give me some liberty here with that appropriation please -- or a latin player in the right market, have him drive deep into the communities with other players and build some youth....the US will be winning the World Cup in 12-16 years.

If yr English and you love how much you own this game at a psychological level you should hope this move doesn't happen...it's two or three moves before a tipping point, but could really do something special for football in America. And look it could flop as well right, but you get my point i hope.

I'm not being an American homer, just trying to frame up how America works regarding sport...you get black kids in NYC playing this game, esp. indoors all winter a la Futsal when there's fuckall to do outdoors...and build some nice "soccer" complexes in depressed communities and give something back to them? well...you will fuel a revolution. Kids will fall in love with this game just like they do all over the world.

tin foil hat on...or is it "Aluminium"?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Twobob » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:45 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Henry to NY in the MLS would do 10x more for football in the US than Beckham could ever do. I've said it over and over...you get a black player -- give me some liberty here with that appropriation please -- or a latin player in the right market, have him drive deep into the communities with other players and build some youth....the US will be winning the World Cup in 12-16 years.

If yr English and you love how much you own this game at a psychological level you should hope this move doesn't happen...it's two or three moves before a tipping point, but could really do something special for football in America. And look it could flop as well right, but you get my point i hope.

I'm not being an American homer, just trying to frame up how America works regarding sport...you get black kids in NYC playing this game, esp. indoors all winter a la Futsal when there's fuckall to do outdoors...and build some nice "soccer" complexes in depressed communities and give something back to them? well...you will fuel a revolution. Kids will fall in love with this game just like they do all over the world.

tin foil hat on...or is it "Aluminium"?

cheers

I think your dead on with that Doomy, MLS definately looks like a White Middleclass club at the moment - and considering the large comunities of histpanic, latin or black people there are and that the majority of those comunities are poor (sometimes almost 3rd world) then some kind of figurehead to get the kids from those areas into football would really unlock some massive potential for the Septics - is Henry the one? Not sure he is.

BTW, it cant be Aluminium - you lot cant say it.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:49 pm

Chinners wrote:[size=150]Bradford Park Avenue are looking to make a Football League comeback, 40 years after being voted out of it. Independent on Sunday

Bit premature seeing as they're in the Unibond Premier League, 3 divisions below the Football League
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum