Pressure's no problem for Kolo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pressure's no problem for Kolo

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Kolo Toure is relying on all his years of experience to deal with the pressures surrounding City’s hopes of qualifying for the Champions League.

The skipper was as frustrated as anyone by the setback of last Wednesday’s defeat to Everton, but now he & the rest of the squad know they have a chance to get the quest for fourth place back on track against Wigan on Monday night.

A win over Wigan would keep City in touch with Spurs and Kolo is keen to shrug off the Everton disappointment in the quest for a place in Europe’s top club competition.

“We all want to finish in fourth place,” he says, “as players we want to give everything to the club. We want to show that, and it’s difficult especially when you don’t win at home.

"I think that pressure when you are
trying to improve is normal, we are
really trying to do something this
season."

Kolo has no time for the argument that City need time to knit together after the number of signings that the Club made, including his arrival from Arsenal last summer.

“We can’t use any excuses when we are trying to get into fourth place,” he continues. “We have got to try to win every game to get there, we can see Tottenham doing well and we know the standard of the competition is really high. But that’s good for us, and if we can qualify for the Champions League that would be a really big achievement for us.

“The Premier League is a really tough, tough competition. Every team fights so hard, look how tough it was to play against Stoke. There are definitely no easy games in the Premier League. I think the Manager knew that before he came here, but he had his own ideas when he came here and I think he was confident. He’s a manager who has won trophies and he knows how to make a team win things.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Pressure's no problem for Kolo

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:50 pm

The skipper was as frustrated as anyone by the setback of last Wednesday’s defeat to Everton.

No, Kolo, you fucking weren't.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby steveo_88 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:54 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
“as players we want to give everything to the club.”

That's interesting because there were alot of players in Blue playing Everton who couldn't have given a flying fuck. Kolo was nearly responsible for gifting Everton with a goal with some sloppy passes at the back! This guy needs to take a long look in the mirror and sit down and watch the DVD of the game and sort his performances out before fourth place is out of reach.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:57 pm

Is anyone else getting tired of these players coming out with the same bolloks?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Is anyone else getting tired of these players coming out with the same bolloks?

Yes.

The best don't need to big themselves up.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Is anyone else getting tired of these players coming out with the same bolloks?

Completely and utterly, unfortunately these comments are normally said just before a game which we then go on to lose. Nice one Kolo
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:04 pm

It's the City PR Manchine that keeps churning these things out. If they only realised that these interviews put the players under pressure themselves. Pushing them into saying they can handle the pressure/win games/score goals just puts more on their shoulders to perform.

I do actually like the articles that come off but just they were a little more irregular, and more of a view to post-match.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Kolo Toure is relying on all his years of experience

Needs to use this to learn to stand on his feet.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:10 pm

Pressure's no problem, eh?

You have to really care to feel pressure. Maybe that's why most of the team don't feel it.
Original Dub

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:53 pm

Yeah i said this last week, they need to shut the fuck up and play. Talk is very cheap when we keep getting shit results. Do all your talking at the end of the season when we have reached our goals. For one they all talk a good game as for playing one..........??
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:04 pm

To be fair to the players, they can't help it if some knobhead from the club's press office decides to stick a mic up their nostrils and ask fucking stupid questions. The club should not be interviewing players full stop. These lads are footballers not politicians.

The total media silence surrounding certain filth players over the years does not seem to have done the club or the players in question any harm.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:23 pm

The PR machine is out in full force again. Quotes and interviews like that mean fuck all. Go and interview a supporter, not a member of staff.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Return to The Maine Football forum