Best Manager in The League

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Third best manager in England

O'Neill
10%
Moyes
14%
McLeish
2%
Allardyce
No votes
Hodgson
40%
Dowie
2%
Benitez
2%
Grant
2%
Pulis
No votes
Bruce
No votes
Redknapp
18%
Zola
2%
McCarthy
No votes
Hughes
8%

Total votes : 50

Re: Best Manager in The League

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:57 pm

I went for Redknapp even though he's a cunt he's a good manager
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:58 pm

And where's Mancio!?!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Big Buddha Cheese wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Big Buddha Cheese wrote:Very good question. I have opted for Redknapp. I hate the man with a passion but his style of football and eye for a player are outstanding. Had he been here for this season we would not be trailing like we are currently.

Not a Mancini fan then, no?

Hello again my Irish troll brother. My opinions on Mancini are surely not for this thread. I hope you will not be too disappointed to see me remain on topic.

Ha ha........Its, Edge isnt it !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:00 pm

apparently im the only dickweed brave enough or stupid enough to vote for the fat, Spanish waiter.

He may be lacking something this season, but he ran the league close last season, has 2 CL finals with one trophy under his belt, and honestly that's more than all the others on the list combined.

you guys are overthinking this so that you don't have to pick him, but it's him. Sorry.

If i had to choose which of those managers i'd want at City, it honestly would be Rafa before any of the rest. Hodgson tho would run a close second i bet...i could see that being a toss up maybe. No for Twitchy, Moyes or MON in comparison.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Big Buddha Cheese wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Big Buddha Cheese wrote:Very good question. I have opted for Redknapp. I hate the man with a passion but his style of football and eye for a player are outstanding. Had he been here for this season we would not be trailing like we are currently.

Hello again my Irish troll brother. My opinions on Mancini are surely not for this thread. I hope you will not be too disappointed to see me remain on topic.

Ha ha........Its, Edge isnt it !!!

i don't even know how to respond to the new carl. it's like you've done the internets forum equiv of coming out of the closet with this capless posting style...and all your laffing, being nice-ish, etc. It's gonna grow on me i'm sure but give me a minute to digest it.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Big Buddha Cheese wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I'm no brother of yours you fucking tool.

Hiding behind another username like a little bitch. You're probably some arsehole that either left because everyone was mean to you or you got banned because you're a knob?

Which one, come on, man up?
Original Dub

Postby Big Buddha Cheese » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:08 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Big Buddha Cheese wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Hiding behind another username like a little bitch. You're probably some arsehole that either left because everyone was mean to you or you got banned because you're a knob?

Man up?? Says the man who witholds his number you fcukin shithouse. If you want to continuer this my leprechaun friend then I suggest you either pm me or ring me.
Big Buddha Cheese
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: city

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Big Buddha Cheese wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Big Buddha Cheese wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Man up?? Says the man who witholds his number you fcukin shithouse. If you want to continuer this my leprechaun friend then I suggest you either pm me or ring me.

leprechaun? impressively droll.

OD if you've got this person's number then clearly you know who it is.

Can we cut the bullshit and have you two not bukkake the entire board with your circle jerk?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:24 pm

Sorry Doomy mate, I've PMd him now.

He's getting no fucking pot of gold from me I tells ya :)
Original Dub

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:12 pm

I'd just like to state that I don't know anyone's IP Address. This was just a joke and has been removed because it wasn't very funny.

Thanks.
Last edited by LookMumImOnMCF.net on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:15 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:And yet another of NQDP's threads decends into choas.

The Finn himself pleads ignorance, yet new boy "Big Buddha Cheese" has a IP Address from just outside Helsinki...

The case continues.

He spells like someone just outside Helsinki as well ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:16 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:"Big Buddha Cheese" has a IP Address from just outside Helsinki...

The case continues.

haha...that's not true is it? you actually fooled me if it's not. Fool me once shame on you...uhm err...can't be fooled again, etc

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby HeyMark » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Its gotta be that bent fucker redknapp!

Dont understand how hodgson has so many votes, good european pedigree but as a premier league manager he hasn't done much. McLeish at Birmingham has done just a good a job if not better job than hodgson has at fulham
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:31 pm

If I was employing a manager I'd go for Hodgson out of that lot.

I'm surprised the fat waiter only has one vote.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Wooders » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:32 pm

have to say Hodgeson is the clear winner but is discussed the least in this thread, perhaps that is because there is no discussion to have?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:38 pm

HeyMark wrote:Its gotta be that bent fucker redknapp!

Dont understand how hodgson has so many votes, good european pedigree but as a premier league manager he hasn't done much. McLeish at Birmingham has done just a good a job if not better job than hodgson has at fulham

I'm the only one to vote for McLeish - but I'd have voted for Phil Brown at this stage of his first year in the Prem too, and look what he turned into... (I don't think McLeish will be a one season wonder though)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby walmai » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Which window licker voted Zola?
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:16 am

ENIAM NAM wrote:Hughes????? As far as I was aware he is not a manager in the league!!

You just cannot help yourself!

Regardless of what I think about him, he is established Premier League manager and deserves to be on that list. Again, there are much worse managers there (Bruce for example) and there's four people who think he is the best manager behind Taggart and Wenger. See, despite the fact that I loathe the sight of Ferguson, I still admitted the he is among two best managers in the league.

In fact, I think it would've been outrage had he not been included. His management style will always have fans among our supporters and supporters of other clubs. Maybe not majority bu they are there.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby King Kev » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:24 am

Why is hughes in the poll when the title clearly states Best Manager In The League?

He isn't in the league, in fact he isn't even in a job.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:29 am

King Kev wrote:Why is hughes in the poll when the title clearly states Best Manager In The League?

He isn't in the league, in fact he isn't even in a job.

See the post right above yours mate!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum