Ade back in the mix after ban

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ade back in the mix after ban

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Roberto Mancini believes the return of Emmanuel Adebayor could be a case of perfect timing with City facing Wigan this evening.

The Togo star has completed his four-match ban and is likely to be named in the starting line-up for the visit of Roberto Martinez’s side.

“We have missed Emmanuel a lot and his return will give us a major boost for the run-in,” said Mancini.

"If we can play with Ade and Carlos
for the remaining matches, I think we’ll
be fine as they seem to have a very
good understanding."

Despite wins for Liverpool and Tottenham over the weekend, Mancini believes the race for fourth spot will continually change in the last weeks of the season.

“I believe all the teams around us have a number of difficult games during the next month and for that reason, anything could happen.

“We are all fighting for one position and for me it is vital we forget the Everton match and move on – that’s how we work.

“Chelsea, we win, it’s in the past, we move on; Fulham, we win, it’s in the past, we move on. The next game is always the most important, not the one we’ve just played.”

The City boss also believes tonight’s visitors will prove to be a tough test, despite their lowly position in the table.

“Wigan have a good manager who likes his teams to play football and I think it will be a difficult game,” he said.

“There are no easy games from now until the end of the season and we need to prepare for eight battles each time.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Ade back in the mix after ban

Postby Big Buddha Cheese » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Roberto Mancini believes the return of Emmanuel Adebayor could be a case of perfect timing with City facing Wigan this evening.

The Togo star has completed his four-match ban and is likely to be named in the starting line-up for the visit of Roberto Martinez’s side.

“We have missed Emmanuel a lot and his return will give us a major boost for the run-in,” said Mancini.

good understanding."

Despite wins for Liverpool and Tottenham over the weekend, Mancini believes the race for fourth spot will continually change in the last weeks of the season.

“I believe all the teams around us have a number of difficult games during the next month and for that reason, anything could happen.

“We are all fighting for one position and for me it is vital we forget the Everton match and move on – that’s how we work.

“Chelsea, we win, it’s in the past, we move on; Fulham, we win, it’s in the past, we move on. The next game is always the most important, not the one we’ve just played.”

The City boss also believes tonight’s visitors will prove to be a tough test, despite their lowly position in the table.

“Wigan have a good manager who likes his teams to play football and I think it will be a difficult game,” he said.

“There are no easy games from now until the end of the season and we need to prepare for eight battles each time.”

mcfc.co.uk

Good gracious me!! No mention of Santa Cruz?????? Well bugger my aunty and call me Jehosophat..
Big Buddha Cheese
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: city

Re: Ade back in the mix after ban

Postby Vhero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:34 pm

Big Buddha Cheese wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:

good understanding."

mcfc.co.uk

Good gracious me!! No mention of Santa Cruz?????? Well bugger my aunty and call me Jehosophat..

Erm??? K???
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum