***The Official City v Wigan Match Day Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***The Official City v Wigan Match Day Thread***

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Dameerto wrote:Booked for celebrating in the stands with the fans, got to love it.

How many bookings does he have now and/or how far is he from a suspension? I'm getting really worried he's gonna miss an important match because of his bookings?!

Love it as well tho when players run to celebrate with the fans. Ridiculous they get booked for it. Ridiculous.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:Yeeeeeeeeessssss. Banana skin avoided.

Guys, how many times have you been watching U***d games and posting things like "they are crap, they don't deserve anything today" and they come away with 3 points and a convincing scoreboard win? Answer: a lot.

This is Mancio's way. Keep it tight in the first half. Score when they get tired, or down to 10 men. haha

I'm thrilled. I thought we'd lose that one.

Did you watch the game Dazby?

I caught the second half mate. When is daylight saving going to finish? I always get the time wrong. Or has it finished already?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:50 pm

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Guys, how many times have you been watching U***d games and posting things like "they are crap, they don't deserve anything today" and they come away with 3 points and a convincing scoreboard win? Answer: a lot.

This is Mancio's way. Keep it tight in the first half. Score when they get tired, or down to 10 men. haha

I caught the second half mate. When is daylight saving going to finish? I always get the time wrong. Or has it finished already?

Finished on the night between Saturday and Sunday mate so that's probably why you got it wrong this time.
Maybe on Saturday then ;-)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby bluechester » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:52 pm

thought ade looked like a player who has had month off very rusty, but will get beeter, i am very worried avout our CM there is absolutly no invention,even on the bench nothing we can do to change it, think we got away with this one, dont think we can play as bad as this again.
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby pears12 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:52 pm

Well daylights saving in the Eastern States end this weekend well at least in NSW, so I guess daz the times go to normal on saturday/sunday
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Dameerto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:53 pm

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

We put the clocks forward one hour at the weekend that's just gone, so it's British Summer Time now.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Thank fuck for that. Back to the normal 10 hour delay. I like the 10 hour delay.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:34 pm

Something I'd like cleared up.

I've not been on the net much lately and didn't have much access to news. Why were the commentators on ESPN saying Bellamy and Mancini have fallen out because Bellamy backed Moyes after the handbags last week?

Have I missed something? Is that even true or am I being a daft pleb?
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dameerto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Something I'd like cleared up.

I've not been on the net much lately and didn't have much access to news. Why were the commentators on ESPN saying Bellamy and Mancini have fallen out because Bellamy backed Moyes after the handbags last week?

There's a rumour going around (possibly in the tabloids?) that Bellamy was sticking up for Moyes with some comments after the game. I think it's just some grubby little red Hack trying to stir things up personally.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 pm

Had the fortune to enjoy the game from a friends Exec Box in the North Stand tonight, and the highlight had to be seeing that utter gobshite Burley having his night ruined by City winning. At h-t he was certain Wigan were going to "pick us off" and was naturally outraged by the sending off of his fellow mediocre scottish player, and I am told he thought our first goal could have been disallowed for a raised foot - wtf?

Back in the studio at the end he looked like he had chewed a shit sandwich and continued to bleat about Tevez, along with fellow no mark studio guest Clark Carlisle - where do ESPN get these people?

End of the day we grafted the win, but will need to be far far better.

I now await the media campaign to get the FA to ban Tevez, which is almost certain, as despite Liverpool and Man U players getting carte blanche, the same rules do not apply to us.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Booked for celebrating in the stands with the fans, got to love it.

How many bookings does he have now and/or how far is he from a suspension? I'm getting really worried he's gonna miss an important match because of his bookings?!

Love it as well tho when players run to celebrate with the fans. Ridiculous they get booked for it. Ridiculous.

According to the premier league site he has 5, plus tonights making 6. Upon saying that, the same table says that mad Zabba was on 7 before tonight, ESPN were saying 9.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Dameerto wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Something I'd like cleared up.

There's a rumour going around (possibly in the tabloids?) that Bellamy was sticking up for Moyes with some comments after the game. I think it's just some grubby little red Hack trying to stir things up personally.

Cheers for that.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 pm

Good night tonight....eventually. I thought we played well in the first half but we got gradually frustrated, moreover with Atwell's decisions. Second half started well but again became frustrated, mainly by Atwell again. But once that first went in, it just seemed a matter of time before we finished them off and those 15 minutes were very, very enjoyable.

Can I just ask 'where did the South Stand go?'. The club goes out of it's way to give what the fans want and they can't even be arsed to applaud the boys off the pitch. I don't usually complain but when everyone's complaining to the club, at least respect what they have done for you.

Anyway, great game, hated Atwell and thought the team played to their best.

As the Fonz would say......... 'Happy Days'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum