***The Official City v Wigan Match Day Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***The Official City v Wigan Match Day Thread***

Postby Beanieboy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:03 pm

I was just on time to see the second half, great performance once again by Carlos, and AJ looking better with every game he plays.....i think i must have missed something really great from Ade in the first half though,..something that warranted him being on the pitch for the second half?...or was he wank all way through?
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:04 pm

Vhero wrote:How the fuck was Vieira allowed to play 70 minutes though.. I think he strung together 3 successive passes all game he was shocking I don't think I have seen a player go so downhill in my life its unreal.. Johnson is showing Shauny how its done which is funny as Shuns his senior. Ade was unlucky not to get on the scorebook as was Bellamy and Tevez... Not worth 25 million eh?? Also fastest hat-trick in premier league history?? Can't fucking Grumble!

Are you under the impression he was subbed?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby hyper » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Looking forward to the motm thread, will be a toss-up for me between Tevez and Vieira.
hyper
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Vhero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Slim wrote:
Vhero wrote:How the fuck was Vieira allowed to play 70 minutes though.. I think he strung together 3 successive passes all game he was shocking I don't think I have seen a player go so downhill in my life its unreal.. Johnson is showing Shauny how its done which is funny as Shuns his senior. Ade was unlucky not to get on the scorebook as was Bellamy and Tevez... Not worth 25 million eh?? Also fastest hat-trick in premier league history?? Can't fucking Grumble!

hahah nah its fucking dark here i meant to put 90 minutes.... keyboard typo
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby dikdik » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Carolina you never said a truer word. You need a lot of shit to grow one beautiful rose...
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Bluez » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Vhero wrote:
Slim wrote:

hahah nah its fucking dark here i meant to put 90 minutes.... keyboard typo

It must be really dark in there, Fowler has a hat trick in less than 5 mins and I am sure there are others quicker than todays
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Beanieboy wrote:I was just on time to see the second half, great performance once again by Carlos, and AJ looking better with every game he plays.....i think i must have missed something really great from Ade in the first half though,..something that warranted him being on the pitch for the second half?...or was he wank all way through?

I seem to be in a minority but I saw Ade doing some great hold up play in the first half, and a few times I could almost have sworn it was Tevez tearing after the ball when they had it...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby david yearsley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Vieira - I´ve seen milk turn quicker - wtf was Mancio thinking keeping him on - simply cannot start again after that
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Fucking hell I am so glad we got Tevez.

I hope Vieira and SWP won't be in the starting 11 again this season.

Can we please recall Weiss, I'd play him ahead of SWP as well.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Very lucky with their sending off/ goalie.

Most of our team were poor.

Thomas must be at least 80 years old.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby david yearsley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:15 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Very lucky with their sending off/ goalie.

Agreed - don´t know about Thomas though - Vieira played like one
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Yeeeeeeeeessssss. Banana skin avoided.

Guys, how many times have you been watching United games and posting things like "they are crap, they don't deserve anything today" and they come away with 3 points and a convincing scoreboard win? Answer: a lot.

This is Mancio's way. Keep it tight in the first half. Score when they get tired, or down to 10 men. haha

I'm thrilled. I thought we'd lose that one.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:19 pm

david yearsley wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Very lucky with their sending off/ goalie.

Agreed - don´t know about Thomas though - Vieira played like one

He played like an 80 year old 'John Thomas'
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:20 pm

dazby wrote:Yeeeeeeeeessssss. Banana skin avoided.

Guys, how many times have you been watching U***d games and posting things like "they are crap, they don't deserve anything today" and they come away with 3 points and a convincing scoreboard win? Answer: a lot.

This is Mancio's way. Keep it tight in the first half. Score when they get tired, or down to 10 men. haha

Agree. At this point in the season I couldnt give a shit how we play as long as we get 3 points. We actually played pretty well after they went down to ten men though. Top stuff!
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:20 pm

dazby wrote:Yeeeeeeeeessssss. Banana skin avoided.

Guys, how many times have you been watching U***d games and posting things like "they are crap, they don't deserve anything today" and they come away with 3 points and a convincing scoreboard win? Answer: a lot.

Did you watch the game Dazby?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beanieboy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beanieboy wrote:I was just on time to see the second half, great performance once again by Carlos, and AJ looking better with every game he plays.....i think i must have missed something really great from Ade in the first half though,..something that warranted him being on the pitch for the second half?...or was he wank all way through?

I seem to be in a minority but I saw Ade doing some great hold up play in the first half, and a few times I could almost have sworn it was Tevez tearing after the ball when they had it...

like i said i only saw the second half and to me he looked uninterested and off the pace, maybe it's just lack of playing time but i'm worried about his attitude (or lack of)
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Bluez » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Beanieboy wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

like i said i only saw the second half and to me he looked uninterested and off the pace, maybe it's just lack of playing time but i'm worried about his attitude (or lack of)

He never looks interested, even when he is scoring
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Beanieboy wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

I thought his passing was poor tonight to be honest - he gave it away too many times (and caused one or two chances against us) plus he was offside too many times - he might be rusty though, after his ban.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby branny » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:28 pm

I'll give Ade the benefit of the doubt and say its down to lack of game time. His first touch was atrocious and he kept straying offside. Seemed like he'd morphed into some sort of Heskey/Benjani hybrid......only ten times more expensive. The one on one sat up nicely to be dinked over the keepers head.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:28 pm

When the referee brandished the red card, I wondered what it was for as I saw Carlos take a swipe at Caldwell, and usually its the person who retaliates who gets it worst.
I don't agree with the commentators, as I think we would eventually have won, although that could have been a stunning 'smash and grab' goal by Moreno: it certainly deserved it.

Tevez was obviously MOTM
But Johnson is looking more and more impressive, and Adebayor was looking willing, just rusty

Central midfield is a concern, though.
What is Mancini at?
The Original Special One

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum