When will we kick out the away fans ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

When will we kick out the away fans ?

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:09 pm

I spoke about this some time ago however it still riles me to see the away fans behind the goal !!! why do we persist with this when it is clearly a demotivator for our singing fans and also good for the away team......if they bring anybody (thinking of Wigan) It is absolutly time to do this and the sooner the better. Does anybody know if anything is happening in the background ?
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: When will we kick out the away fans ?

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Tonight is the perfect opportunity to show how it would help the atmosphere when we have the whole south stand lower tier.
Get the place rocking with a proper Blue Moon right from the start lads!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wooders » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:34 pm

I believe it will be addressed during the planned stadium extension ?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Craig B » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:36 pm

I always thought the away fans being in between the South and East stands added to the atmosphere and got us riled into singing - not sure we'd have the motivation if they were plonked somewhere else. The problem with the Premier League these days is there's too many tin pots clubs like Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn, Bolton who don't possess proper fanbases so it's a little hard to generate a decent atmosphere when playing nothing teams like them.
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dazzacity » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:12 pm

The reason the south and singers is the place to be in the first place is due to the away fans being there. It attracks the lively lads due to them enjoyin the banter with the away fans. Im sure if the away fans moved to the northstand,that will soon turn into the new place to be with the south stand turning into silance..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:17 pm

^ Agreed

People seem to be hoping that moving the away fans win generate more atmosphere to games, reminiscent of times at Maine Road.

The reality is that it won't make much difference at all and that some people are remembering the Maine Road atmosphere through rose tinted spectacles.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby sandman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:51 am

Dazzacity wrote:The reason the south and singers is the place to be in the first place is due to the away fans being there. It attracks the lively lads due to them enjoyin the banter with the away fans. Im sure if the away fans moved to the northstand,that will soon turn into the new place to be with the south stand turning into silance..

Last night was dead, the atmosphere was appaulling. I think part of the problem was that I dont recall hearing the Pieheads once plus the usual away lower was filled with one match wonders..
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:17 am

If the game is exciting the crowd is excited.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby colonel_muck » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:31 am

you need the away fans at ground level its good for banter, i would put them in the north stand so the south stand can unite and make some noise the north stand is always dead anyway.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:18 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:^ Agreed

People seem to be hoping that moving the away fans win generate more atmosphere to games, reminiscent of times at Maine Road.

The reality is that it won't make much difference at all and that some people are remembering the Maine Road atmosphere through rose tinted spectacles.

Very much so mate. Most of the time it was pretty dire in truth. But then they will refer you to the great days in the 80s of all-standing, when there were - oops - usually around 20,000 in! (Not 43,500 for a Monday night TV match home to Wigan).
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sandman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:17 pm

colonel_muck wrote:you need the away fans at ground level its good for banter, i would put them in the north stand so the south stand can unite and make some noise the north stand is always dead anyway.

They cant do that because of coach parking and security etc..
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Return to The Maine Football forum