SWP

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

SWP

Postby bluechester » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:54 pm

what has happened to him, he looks worse & worse every game
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Re: SWP

Postby Dameerto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:56 pm

I think he will be gone in the summer, sadly. I get the sense that this contract stuff is affecting his game.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Kladze » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:57 pm

Short of confidence at the moment, and he's clearly a 'confidence player'.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby bluechester » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:59 pm

Kladze wrote:Short of confidence at the moment, and he's clearly a 'confidence player'.

maybe you are right we need to get his head right & quick, how far is petrov off fitness, if not far off maybe try petrov on the left & johnson on the right
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby HeyMark » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:17 pm

was shocking again tonight. Every time he gets the ball he never looks like actually beating his man.
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby bluechester » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:23 pm

HeyMark wrote:was shocking again tonight. Every time he gets the ball he never looks like actually beating his man.

always seems to do the same thing, tries to go on the outside down the righ, just does not seem to have the pace anymore
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby gillie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:25 pm

Its world cup year and Lennon is injured Beckscum is injured and SWP is fannying around instead of nailing his place on the plane to SA.Whats wrong is SWP himself not having the balls to make that place his own imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:34 pm

Either full backs are getting faster or SWP is losing his pace at a dramatic rate. Unfortunately for Shaun he isn't an intelligent player or even a player blessed with good ball control. The only thing he had in his locker was pace and the luck of the bounce of the ball.

Now he has neither, maybe at the age of 28/29 he has gone past his peak already due to the pace issue?
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 pm

bluechester wrote:
Kladze wrote:Short of confidence at the moment, and he's clearly a 'confidence player'.

maybe you are right we need to get his head right & quick, how far is petrov off fitness, if not far off maybe try petrov on the left & johnson on the right

Bellamy on the left Johnson on the right would be my choice
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 pm

Wants a new contract even though he has 2 plus years left, and is on £65k a week - hmmm, good luck with that tactic Shaun.

Same old same old as its been most of the season Im afraid. The crowd is willing him to do well but it just isnt happening for him.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 pm

I dont remember SWP skinning full backs for pace and getting in crosses ad infinitum. It was the weavy solo runs, the accurate shooting, the unpredictability. Thats what he has. He still has it. He's an unconventional player, written off a few times before now.
I dont give a fuck about England at the world cup but if he goes and is given the chance he could come back with renewed confidence. He's too young and to much a part of the good things about this club over the last 10 years just to let it fizzle out.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:20 am

It's so annoying that you keep hoping that maybe Today he'll play well again only to be disappointed.

But some of the stuff I've read here during the season is just shite. He was most definitely one of our best players and one of the first names on the team-sheet at the beginning of the season. He hasn't lost his skills in six months. He must be very low on confidence right now. Come on Shauny, go get your confidence back. I'm sure you can do it.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:28 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Either full backs are getting faster or SWP is losing his pace at a dramatic rate. Unfortunately for Shaun he isn't an intelligent player or even a player blessed with good ball control. The only thing he had in his locker was pace and the luck of the bounce of the ball.

Now he has neither, maybe at the age of 28/29 he has gone past his peak already due to the pace issue?

I've heard it all now.

He hasn't been his best this season but people were moaning about the same things last season, yet he had most dribbles in whole league.

Shaunie has still lot to offer once he gets his confidence back. Again last night the way he set Tevez in first half showed what he can do withbit of of confidence.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby King Kev » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:29 am

Shaunie's form is a concern but I don't buy into the hysteria that he is playing shit.

There were at least 3 of our players on the pitch who were worse than him last night but I don't see threads about them.

SWP might not be at the top of his form but he certainly isn't playing shit.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:49 am

King Kev wrote:Shaunie's form is a concern but I don't buy into the hysteria that he is playing shit.

There were at least 3 of our players on the pitch who were worse than him last night but I don't see threads about them.

SWP might not be at the top of his form but he certainly isn't playing shit.

Sorry KK I know this is all about opinions but some things are indisputable facts, like this. He is playing shit, end of story. Every time he's got on the field in the last 3 months he's been shit. If he gets withing range of goal he does something dire and he's shit. He falls over all the time, he cant pass a man. His replacement was the obvious move at half time. He was shit.

Why he is may be another matter and maybe he can get his form back. But Bobby's given him chances and I dont know how many more he will give him.

But it sure aint hysteria. Forget it's SWP and just think of him as some unknown guy Les bought for 18M! Then look at the performances.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:59 am

I find it hard to criticise SWP, just coz of who he is, but you'd be massivley blinkered to say anything other than that he is playing badly. I'm sure he knows this himself aswell. I really hope he can turn it around in the last few games. There is nothing I'd love more than to see SWP hammering the RW for the next few seasons. Unfortunately if he doesn't improve I reckon Bob will buy another right winger and shaun will get minimal game time.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Crossie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:53 am

He does alright for England doesnt he?

We all love him and see him through blue tinted specs, but the reality is he was taken off at half time because he was pretty shit. If that had been Robinho, it would be all over the papers today.

Sorry SWP, we love you, but sort yourself out, then ask for a contract.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:02 pm

SWP, at his very best what a player.

However he seems to lack the basic intelligence to make the right decision these days, and the players around him seem to totally lack confidence in him too. There was one incident in the first half last night where Adebayor should have been haring down the wing, but set off running backwards screaming at SWP to hit it over the top because it seemed that he didnt trust SWP to see the pass.

By then SWP passed the ball hard to his feet which Adebayor had no chance to control before the left back was all over him. Had Adebayor been confident enough in SWP to just get on his toes down the wing EXPECTING that the right ball would be played, Adebayor would have had a free run on goal with a simple chip from SWP.

He passes when he should run, and runs when he should pass. The lad is bang out of form, probably the worst I have ever seen in his whole career and as with Ireland it has been thus all season. We will all give more slack to "one of our own" but when he has the odd half decent game in a full season, you have to start asking questions about his future. With Petrov set to leave, I would be tempted to cash in and use the wages freed up to bring a top quality winger in who can run with and play intelligent balls for our very intelligent forwards, and we could then use Bellamy as an impact player and prolong his career maybe.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby dazby » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:06 pm

I write this every time this topic comes up. The game that Sweep doesn't put up his hand to take possession and do the hard yards carrying the ball and taking on defenders is the day he should be dropped.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:26 pm

dazby wrote:I write this every time this topic comes up. The game that Sweep doesn't put up his hand to take possession and do the hard yards carrying the ball and taking on defenders is the day he should be dropped.

I fully agree but so far that has never happened.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum