Four pence

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Four pence

Postby zuricity » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:25 pm

One of the lads said in the pub, that will be 'four pence' then.

So i gave him the coins and he said "No, No, the foul, that makes it three hand balls and a blatant foul.... four pens ".

Now I thought I saw three handballs tonight in the area and the referee certainly saw the foul as the ESPN camera showed.

So that must have been four penalties we didn't get tonight. Or as the Glaswegian woman says to the Baker, " is that a donut or a merangue ? ". Am i wrong ? did we not get three clear hand ball decisions ( ie penalties) not given ??

Then the old City thing set in , and I thought , "well we'll get a fifth handball ( penalty) and probably Teves will miss it". Thank god Adebayor didn' get pulled up for dangerous play on the first goal....... Phew. we needed those points tonight.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Re: Four pence

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:31 pm

We were going spare mate. I think at one point we actually just stopped in bewilderment at Atwell's decisions, it was farscical. When he pulled out the Red, we were all looking at each other in disbelief, but I reckon it was at a point that he must've been thinking, 'This is getting ludicrous, I'm not quite Peter Walton yet'.

The ref was dire, just like I've seen them for most games this season, but let's face it, you just can't get away with everything - can you?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sweenyuk » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:31 am

We either should have had numerous penalties or numerous bookings for diving.... How could he say we had played honestly and gone down from a challange but not award a pen so often..???
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby mr_nool » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:14 am

Yes, we should've had at least a couple of penalties and yes, we were lucky that Ade didn't get called for dangerous play.
Had the keeper actually gone for the ball instead of i don't know what the fuck he was doing, he would've had Ade's studs planted in his groin.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:17 am

I lost count of the number of pens to be honest. Atwell looked like a little boy out of his depth.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum