Fans Leaving Early

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fans Leaving Early

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 pm

I know that this debate rears it's head every once in a while and I am probably going to get a load of stick for bringing it up again but I am sick to fucking death of the stadium being half empty with 15 minutes to go.

As soon as the second goal went in against Everton when there was still time to turn it around and we should have been urging the team on, there was the familiar sound of plastic seats flipping up and thousands leaving to get home 10 minutes early.

Again tonight, after an important win, there can't have been more than 20,000 left in the stadium to clap the team off.

Even more astonishingly, I saw literally hundreds of people leaving after Tevez had just scored his hat-trick and presumably they were leaving as they thought the game was safe at 3-0. We should have had 43,000 belting Tevez's name out and urging the team on and showing our support, instead there was a mass exodus as if we had just lost.

I know people pay there money and they can leave when they want blah blah fucking blah, but the inability to stay until the end really is fucking small time. I can't believe that it doesn't effect the players, either in inspiring them to come back from a couple of goals down or in giving them a boost after a decent win to really kick on in the next game and I'm convinced that it is a large part of the reason why we don't score too many last minute goals.

Tevez said as much at the fans forum when asked about clapping fans after the game and he said that it's a two way thing and fans need to stay to clap the players after a good performance.

I hate to be negative after a decent win and a superb Tevez performance, but for those fans who left after the third went in, hang your fucking heads in shame. The same goes for those who were booing Vieira when we were 2-0 up.

I appreciate that there may be some people who need to leave early for whatever reason, but the ground should be near enough full at the final whistle and we should be belting out Blue Moon. I hope that it changes if we start to be successful but I can't see it.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Fans Leaving Early

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 pm

I wish more would fuck off before the end i was still sat in traffic for 35-40 minutes.

;-)
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Dameerto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Some people worry about traffic more than their team, sadly. I always think it's a shame when people leave early. They do it in the US a lot too.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:45 pm

Just mentioned it in the match thread. Watching the South Stand pour out and near empty before the final whistle made me really wonder why the club bother. It was asked during the fans forum why the players don't stop to applaud the fans? Well, hopefully a lot of 'em have found out the reason why...................................because you're not there to fucking see it!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:47 pm

You can't get much more celebratory than Carlos jumping into the crowd to celebrate his hattrick! (and pick up a yellow for it)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:56 pm

I bloody hate it. Not only leaving early, but arriving late, up and down all game to buy chips, gives me the total hump. The answers always the same. I've paid for my ticket, I can do what I like.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:06 pm

It's a disgrace. That HAS to have an effect on the players.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:08 pm

patrickblue wrote:I've paid for my ticket, I can do what I like.

That's the bottom line though.

I'm not saying leaving/ arriving early is on or fair to other people but it's not gonna change.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:59 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
patrickblue wrote:I've paid for my ticket, I can do what I like.

That's the bottom line though.

I'm not saying leaving/ arriving early is on or fair to other people but it's not gonna change.

This is not my view, my quote has been tampered with.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:23 am

I always stay to the end, every game, and yes, it frigs me off when the stadium is empty before full time, BUT......

I got home at 10.40 last night after sitting in traffic getting home. If I'd took my lads to the match, that would be waaaaay past their bed time. So what I'm saying is, I can sort of come to terms with it on night matches. Weekend games when its during the day though, no excuses.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby ashton287 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:49 am

I was already in a bad mood before this started, afer beingtold to sit down when I was in the south stand, stupid things like this ruin games. The fact is we have shit fans. It sucks ass but it's true. It was more obvious against everton but still showed last night.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby rick1894citizen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:51 am

Unfortunatley never going to change but is annoying when people are leaving with 20 to go, traffic was ok last night as there was only 1 coach in the convoy (fucking joke of a club) so was home at half ten instead of half eleven after everton.

More annoying is someone complaining about my mate and his dad effing and jeffing in 106 (they'v been there for 20 years/ well kippax obviously ) but people should sit in CB third tier if they dont like passion, thought it was bad in 136 but i've never been told to stop swearing.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Vhero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:30 am

All about getting there car out really that's all its about and if people think getting out early is more important than watching the game then really they should have stayed at home to watch the game. However its up to people to choose when they want to leave they pay for the ticket and at least they did show up to who their support.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby coMs » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:38 am

rick1894citizen wrote:Unfortunatley never going to change but is annoying when people are leaving with 20 to go, traffic was ok last night as there was only 1 coach in the convoy (fucking joke of a club) so was home at half ten instead of half eleven after everton.

More annoying is someone complaining about my mate and his dad effing and jeffing in 106 (they'v been there for 20 years/ well kippax obviously ) but [highlight]people should sit in CB third tier if they dont like passion[/highlight], thought it was bad in 136 but i've never been told to stop swearing.

what is that supposed to mean.? i see you must be the bestest fan in the world eh...... prick!!
coMs
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby colonel_muck » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:41 am

it really is depressing as fuck seeing a half empty stadium at any point and with the amount of people that start leaving at 80 mins i can't really see the traffic being that much better in terms of getting home. you wouldn't see it at anfield or old trafford. we could have got a fourth last night but half the ground wasn't interested so its no surprise we just passed it round the back five for the final 10 mins.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:52 am

colonel_muck wrote:it really is depressing as fuck seeing a half empty stadium at any point and with the amount of people that start leaving at 80 mins i can't really see the traffic being that much better in terms of getting home. you wouldn't see it at anfield or old trafford. we could have got a fourth last night but half the ground wasn't interested so its no surprise we just passed it round the back five for the final 10 mins.

I had been subject to around 70 minutes of mind numbingly shite football, watching players swan around passing the fucking ball into touch, pass the ball to the cunts in the bright orange shirts, and generally not giving a fuck about entertaining me. Within that shite was around 12 minutes of anything worth watching.

When Bobby brought Nedum and Sylvinho on to close the game down at about 80/85 minutes, was there any point in stopping to watch us pass the ball aimlessly around when you can get home and maybe nab an extra hour's sleep.

For my sins I stayed till the end as I didnt have the lad with me last night, but i'm fucking sick to death of wankers decreeing that they are a better supporter than me because I choose to leave a few minutes early. You should bear in mind the very large number of people who take young children to the game these days, and also a large proportion of people who live a fair distance away rather than just round the corner, in which case avoiding the traffic and a 40-45 minute queue IS a big deal so you dont have a horrible grumpy kid for the next 2/3 days because he didn't get to bed till after midnight.

By and large, the games at Eastland under Mancini have been a fucking embarrasment to football so why should I stay till the bitter end to applaud the players. And tio suggest it doesnt happen elsewhere is plain wrong. It happens at EVERY ground, particularly Old Trafford and particularly for midweek games for the very reason I have stated above.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:55 am

To be honest its not the leaving early that gets on my nerves, I have never left early for any city game ive been to anyway.

Its the SILENCE or the dick head fans who wont fucking SING, its like your going to a musical and sit and watch. These guys are the disgrace!

What i think needs to happen is, people on here and blue moon who dont sit in the south stand and always try/want to sing find themselves singing on there own should get together and organise to sit together in groups around the stadium and get people singing.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby colonel_muck » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:58 am

johnpb78 wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:it really is depressing as fuck seeing a half empty stadium at any point and with the amount of people that start leaving at 80 mins i can't really see the traffic being that much better in terms of getting home. you wouldn't see it at anfield or old trafford. we could have got a fourth last night but half the ground wasn't interested so its no surprise we just passed it round the back five for the final 10 mins.

I had been subject to around 70 minutes of mind numbingly shite football, watching players swan around passing the fucking ball into touch, pass the ball to the cunts in the bright orange shirts, and generally not giving a fuck about entertaining me. Within that shite was around 12 minutes of anything worth watching.

When Bobby brought Nedum and Sylvinho on to close the game down at about 80/85 minutes, was there any point in stopping to watch us pass the ball aimlessly around when you can get home and maybe nab an extra hour's sleep.

For my sins I stayed till the end as I didnt have the lad with me last night, but i'm fucking sick to death of wankers decreeing that they are a better supporter than me because I choose to leave a few minutes early. You should bear in mind the very large number of people who take young children to the game these days, and also a large proportion of people who live a fair distance away rather than just round the corner, in which case avoiding the traffic and a 40-45 minute queue IS a big deal so you dont have a horrible grumpy kid for the next 2/3 days because he didn't get to bed till after midnight.

By and large, the games at Eastland under Mancini have been a fucking embarrasment to football so why should I stay till the bitter end to applaud the players. And tio suggest it doesnt happen elsewhere is plain wrong. It happens at EVERY ground, particularly Old Trafford and particularly for midweek games for the very reason I have stated above.

firstly, i really hope you don't think in anything i've said i think i am a better supporter than you, would never say that to anyone. you've paid for a ticket its your choice how you wish to enjoy the game. it seems to me the ground starts to filter out at 80 mins most weeks, what I'm saying is does it really cut that much time off your journey, you're still getting a large mass of people leaving at the same time? and with everything else considered, do you believe it affects the players when we're 0-0 or 1-0 down and the ground empties. I personally do.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Crossie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:06 pm

They should keep the away fans in the stadium for 20 mins AFTER the final whistle, letting the bulk of the home fans get to their cars and drive away from the main roads round the stadium, then get the away fuckers on their buses, check the roads are clearer and then let them leave.

If you dont make it out before they close the roads, your stuck for 20 mins
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby LeanneIsABlue..x » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:06 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:To be honest its not the leaving early that gets on my nerves, I have never left early for any city game ive been to anyway.

Its the SILENCE or the dick head fans who wont fucking SING, its like your going to a musical and sit and watch. These guys are the disgrace!

What i think needs to happen is, people on here and blue moon who dont sit in the south stand and always try/want to sing find themselves singing on there own should get together and organise to sit together in groups around the stadium and get people singing.

Have you really just called every fan that doesn't sing a dick head and a disgrace?

You're a disgrace.
LeanneIsABlue..x
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum