Fans Leaving Early

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fans Leaving Early

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:21 am

I used to go to the old Wembley quite a lot to watch England. Tickets weren't cheap, but a lot better priced than now.
I could never work out why people came in late, then got up to go and get a pie or coke, sit down again, then up 5 mins before half time to get a beer. back 5 mins into the 2nd half, up again five minutes later to have a piss, back again, with another pie, leave 10 mins before the end to get the tube!
FFS why the f*** bother ?

You go to the flicks, but leave before the end of the action scene to get out of the car park first? No
Go to the theatre and leave before the fat lady sings so you can get a beer in at the local before they close? No!

So why leave a match 5 - 10 mins before the end? especially as the team could use a bit more support in the final minutes!
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:26 am

am i a superfan becuase i got a tattoo?
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby dazby » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:30 am

johnpb78 wrote:
dazby wrote:Here's the thing John, I think it's a urely English trait. lease enlighten me on where it's done so blatantly anywhere else in the world.

kinell, I've lost a second letter.

Here, have a P.

I have personally attended games in Italy at Venezia, Spain at both Valencia & Espanyol and in Scotland at Rangers, all in the 90s where the very same thing happened.

I know what you said earlier about Rugby league - but that is the thing, I think it is a football thing. I often used to watch Rugby League in the 90s, and the grounds never emptied before the end. I dont know about nowadays as I can't afford to do both football and rugby any more. Having said that though the attendances were rarely above 10,000 and have fallen further still so there was none of this supposed urgency to get on the road.

Mate, I have to disagree with you. It's the same with the football as well. We stay to the end, regardless of the scoreboard, regardless of the s*ort. I've only noticed it in England. Maybe it's a Euro *henomenon.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby CJJ » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:40 pm

Just a thought, but what's it going to be like getting away from CoMS when the re-development has finished and attendances are above 65K? Pretty hellish I would think.

I've personally only left a match before the end once. Fulham away at QPR's ground many years ago. 1 minute of extra-time left. The ball was down the other end, so I though sod it, I'm going to get to the front of the Tube queue. So I left, but before I had even departed the stadium, Paulo Wanchope equalised to make it 2-2. Interestingly, after racing up to see all the excitement and then turning to leave again, a certain Liam Gallagher was right behind me and had also missed the goal. Anyhow, instead of feeling excited that we'd equalised, I left feeling gutted that I missed it. So, I havn't left a match early since.

One thing that does really annoy me, is the numbers of City fans who miss a large portion of the match to get the beers in. Last season at West Ham, I was right by the exit, so as soon as half-time blew I dashed inside to get a drink for the wife. I couldn't believe that the place was absolutely packed, and it took me all of half-time just to get to the loo. Why go to a City game and spend all the time drinking??
CJJ
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:18 pm

CJJ wrote:
One thing that does really annoy me, is the numbers of City fans who miss a large portion of the match to get the beers in. Last season at West Ham, I was right by the exit, so as soon as half-time blew I dashed inside to get a drink for the wife. I couldn't believe that the place was absolutely packed, and it took me all of half-time just to get to the loo. Why go to a City game and spend all the time drinking??

For certain fans, that is part of the day out. I love watching City pissed up.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:26 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
CJJ wrote:

For certain fans, that is part of the day out. I love watching City pissed up.

it numbs the pain.
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby saulman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:49 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:I wish more would fuck off before the end i was still sat in traffic for 35-40 minutes.

;-)

Strange but true.

I was one of the last to leave the stadium and got lucky getting out of the East Car Park. I was still stuck in traffic for fuckin ages, regardless.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Twobob » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 pm

Does frig all to me personally but I do feel that its a show of massive disrespect to the club and to the players when people leave early. I suppose its a sign of the times though, very much a self centred society we're breeding ...
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby sandman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:36 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
ashton287 wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
bernabias_right_boot wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:I always stay to the end, every game, and yes, it frigs me off when the stadium is empty before full time, BUT......

I got home at 10.40 last night after sitting in traffic getting home. If I'd took my lads to the match, that would be waaaaay past their bed time. So what I'm saying is, I can sort of come to terms with it on night matches. Weekend games when its during the day though, no excuses.

When I went to the Carling Cup game, I sat in traffic on Ashton New Road for 40 mins, then on the M6 there were delays due to the inordinate amount of road works. Then the M1was down to one lane in parts - more delays. M25 - same. i got home at 4am the next morning after that game, but it doesn't stop me staying til the end. I'm no martyr, but I support my team.

if you're more interested in getting your balti wrap 5 mins before half time, can't drag yourself out of the pub to get in your seat to cheer your team when they run out, or leave 10 mins before the end to get home early, f*** off and watch the scum. we don't need your like at City.

Was that the last time you went to a game?

Edit, sorry I dont mean that in a twattish way, but you point out one game which was the biggest game in probably 20odd years, yet dont seem to have mentioned last night or Everton. Like I said to Xavi, if you dont go every week I can understand you wanting to stay to the end and be one of the last out of the ground or whatever, but when you go week in week out and have kids to get home, or up early for work, City is NOT my priority. I owe city and their players fuck all.

On the traffic point also - even for weekend matches I can see why people with kids would scarper early. Have you ever been sat in a car with 2 kids going nowhere for 40 minutes?

bollocks to all this pussy faggoting around everyone apolagising because a shitfan got a bit shirty. IF YOU LEAVE EARLY THEN YOU ARE A SHIT FAN. None of these cunts will be wanting to miss the traffic in 2 years time when were playing barca in the CL so they can fuck off with there faggy excuses because it Wigan. Most of these people wouldn't of even bothered if it was on sky they only turned up because they haven't got espn.

I agree with you ashton people may not like it but i think its right.

I have sat in traffic for an hour and love listening to the radio and beeping my horn after a win. But for me its not the major issue.

The ATMOSPHERE is the major issue for me and people not backing me or the few who decide to sing in quite areas of the stadium. Just sit there eating there prawn sandwhiches.

Agreed, I hate the part timers walking in and out as if the actual match is a distraction from the piss up.

The trouble is we dont sell every seat all the time so its not like the club could give the seats to some better fans.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby patrickblue » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:01 pm

Quote from Carlotto at fans forum.

http://man-city-issues.blogspot.com/201 ... tevez.html

Fan: "Whenever I go to away matches I have noticed that the players appear very keen to get back down the tunnel and into the dressing room. As we (the fans) travel huge distances to watch the game, I think that at the end of of every match but especially away matches, the players should walk over to the fans to the thank them. Could this happen in the future?"

Kolo: "That is a very good question and it is true. We should go to thank the fans and from now on, as captain, I will ensure that this will happen."

Carlos: "Yes, that is a very good idea. However, I would like all the fans stay behind and not leave the ground before the final whistle, regardless of the result."

That's away games, god knows what they make of the fans behaviour at home.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby ian494 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:22 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
LeanneIsABlue..x wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:To be honest its not the leaving early that gets on my nerves, I have never left early for any city game ive been to anyway.

Its the SILENCE or the dick head fans who wont fucking SING, its like your going to a musical and sit and watch. These guys are the disgrace!

What i think needs to happen is, people on here and blue moon who dont sit in the south stand and always try/want to sing find themselves singing on there own should get together and organise to sit together in groups around the stadium and get people singing.

Have you really just called every fan that doesn't sing a dick head and a disgrace?

You're a disgrace.

Ive seen a guy singing his heart out and other fans making snide remarks saying " Feel sorry for his kids" seen it a few times. The more i go to the games the more i see these kind of fans. Im not saying every fan has to sing all the game but at least back up the south stand when there trying to get behind the team. Its sad when the south stand or a section of the ground get a song going but no one backs it up and it just goes quite.

Sorry if it upsets you what i said but this upsets me and pisses me off. Im tired of hearing fans take the piss outa U***d fans saying Prawn sandwhich etc when im seeing snobbery at city games.

My girlfriend dont sing but when im singing and no one backs me up she says to me whats the point no one is bothered.

And she knows very little about football.

Your girlfriend is a dickhead and a disgrace!!
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby sandman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:24 pm

Plus its rude to both the other fans that are distracted and to the players, most wouldnt leave early at the theatre or during a show.

Bad analogy I know, but I just feel it is a issue of manners aswell.
sandman

Postby dazby » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:34 pm

Something to consider. Suncor# Stadium is our 50,000 seater that hosts the main matches. There is no car #arking at the ground forcing everyone to take #ublic trans#ort. It's included in the #rice of the ticket. The buses don't leave until after the match. 95% of #eo#le at matches use the bus or train to get to a match.

Food for thought.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:05 pm

dazby wrote:Something to consider. Suncor# Stadium is our 50,000 seater that hosts the main matches. There is no car #arking at the ground forcing everyone to take #ublic trans#ort. It's included in the #rice of the ticket. The buses don't leave until after the match. 95% of #eo#le at matches use the bus or train to get to a match.

Food for thought.

he may talk shite, but vote dazby
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:10 pm

ian494 wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
LeanneIsABlue..x wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:To be honest its not the leaving early that gets on my nerves, I have never left early for any city game ive been to anyway.

Its the SILENCE or the dick head fans who wont fucking SING, its like your going to a musical and sit and watch. These guys are the disgrace!

What i think needs to happen is, people on here and blue moon who dont sit in the south stand and always try/want to sing find themselves singing on there own should get together and organise to sit together in groups around the stadium and get people singing.

Have you really just called every fan that doesn't sing a dick head and a disgrace?

You're a disgrace.

Ive seen a guy singing his heart out and other fans making snide remarks saying " Feel sorry for his kids" seen it a few times. The more i go to the games the more i see these kind of fans. Im not saying every fan has to sing all the game but at least back up the south stand when there trying to get behind the team. Its sad when the south stand or a section of the ground get a song going but no one backs it up and it just goes quite.

Sorry if it upsets you what i said but this upsets me and pisses me off. Im tired of hearing fans take the piss outa U***d fans saying Prawn sandwhich etc when im seeing snobbery at city games.

My girlfriend dont sing but when im singing and no one backs me up she says to me whats the point no one is bothered.

And she knows very little about football.

Your girlfriend is a dickhead and a disgrace!!

Obvously i wouldnt be calling the women dickeads for not singing as im not that snidy but maybe my words were too general. But because i generalised i have to take your comment and i set my self up for that one. But if you actually go to the games and dont sing at all through the games YOUR a dick head and a TOTAL disgrace.

That goes to all fans (males) who dont sing.
Last edited by BlueMoonAwoken on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby pears12 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:11 pm

When I used to go to queensland roar games when I lived on the Sunshine Coast, I couldn't go to games starting later than 4pm because of train timetable it was impossible to get home since last train was at 6:30. Also given that I had spent 2 and a half hours on trains and buses to get to Brisbane I generally wouldn't leave early cos I spent a fair bit of money getting to the ground and back then paying $25-$35 for a ticket.. I would always stay till the final whistle no matter how dire the football was.
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:15 pm

Im sick of people moaning at forums about the atmosphere but no one seems to try to create one except either side of the away fans. Maybe they should spread these guys out to get the rest singing. Im not sure what the club could do to improve the atmosphere, they are trying there hardest trying to create a buzz around the club for the fans. But ive said my peace and what i think. I feel like im moaning now.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nick » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:56 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:Im sick of people moaning at forums about the atmosphere but no one seems to try to create one except either side of the away fans. Maybe they should spread these guys out to get the rest singing. Im not sure what the club could do to improve the atmosphere, they are trying there hardest trying to create a buzz around the club for the fans. But ive said my peace and what i think. I feel like im moaning now.

I agreem but what can i do? When i try and start chants or get people going I start to feel like im the one in the wrong and that I should sit in silence, so it demotivates you. What can we do?

I just cant explain it. More and more these days though I just hear fans slagging city off, praising the other team and praising rooney. I can be the biggest moaner going but not so much at the match. I just get angry!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:33 am

Nick wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:Im sick of people moaning at forums about the atmosphere but no one seems to try to create one except either side of the away fans. Maybe they should spread these guys out to get the rest singing. Im not sure what the club could do to improve the atmosphere, they are trying there hardest trying to create a buzz around the club for the fans. But ive said my peace and what i think. I feel like im moaning now.

I agreem but what can i do? When i try and start chants or get people going I start to feel like im the one in the wrong and that I should sit in silence, so it demotivates you. What can we do?

I just cant explain it. More and more these days though I just hear fans slagging city off, praising the other team and praising rooney. I can be the biggest moaner going but not so much at the match. I just get angry!

And at the not so exciting games we dont see passion from the players maybe the fans have a bigger say in how the team play than we think. Maybe if the fans created a passionate atmosphere at coms at the games like everton then im sure the team responds.

As they do at the derbys , hamburg and top 4 etc.

Ive been asking myself for ages why do we seem to be awesome when we play the big games and so poor at games like everton and fulham etc because the fans seem up for the big games but not the so so teams we should be beating.

But then i think maybe the players should play with passion and dont need the crowd but i keep thinking at any level you need friends,family and supporters cheering you on to keep you going. They maybe millionaires but still deep down are people and need the crowd to lift them when they feel tired, the opposite team is better than they are or the opposite team are hard to play against.

I dont know maybe its the away fans placement fans keep talking about ruining the atmosphere but i know how you feel when you get looks of people when you hear the south start start a song and you stand/sit backing them up and you get the looks like your ruining the game for people behind you.

I love coming home from the big games with that buzz and when the fans are great because we can create a huge atmopshere and it rings in your ears, especially just stopping singing for a moment and listening to the noise and you can feel the energy and it sends shivers down your spine.

Just wish we could do that for every game.
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:06 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:

But then i think maybe the players should play with passion and dont need the crowd but i keep thinking at any level you need friends,family and supporters cheering you on to keep you going. They maybe millionaires but still deep down are people and need the crowd to lift them when they feel tired, the opposite team is better than they are or the opposite team are hard to play against.

I can understand where you are coming from, but how are they tired in the first half when Vieira constantly passes the ball into touch under no pressure, SWP runs down another blind alley etc etc.

If you go to the opera, you expect the cast to be able to sing, even when they really dont feel like it - its their job, as they are professional. If it was shit, you would ask for your money back and probably get it. Football, fuck it, it is all take take fucking take with no responsibility on the players / manager.

When they play as one would expect, I will back them all the way, and when they are struggling I will encourage them, however when I feel that the players who happily take my hard earned money couldnt give a shit about what I went through to be able to afford my season ticket, petrol to the game, pint etc, and I see the likes of Ireland sauntering around then bollocks, they dont deserve my vocal support, they deserve a fucking good kick up the arse.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum