Fans Leaving Early

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fans Leaving Early

Postby Crossie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:10 pm

Go on Leanne lol
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:10 pm

colonel_muck wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:it really is depressing as fuck seeing a half empty stadium at any point and with the amount of people that start leaving at 80 mins i can't really see the traffic being that much better in terms of getting home. you wouldn't see it at anfield or old trafford. we could have got a fourth last night but half the ground wasn't interested so its no surprise we just passed it round the back five for the final 10 mins.

I had been subject to around 70 minutes of mind numbingly shite football, watching players swan around passing the fucking ball into touch, pass the ball to the cunts in the bright orange shirts, and generally not giving a fuck about entertaining me. Within that shite was around 12 minutes of anything worth watching.

When Bobby brought Nedum and Sylvinho on to close the game down at about 80/85 minutes, was there any point in stopping to watch us pass the ball aimlessly around when you can get home and maybe nab an extra hour's sleep.

For my sins I stayed till the end as I didnt have the lad with me last night, but i'm fucking sick to death of wankers decreeing that they are a better supporter than me because I choose to leave a few minutes early. You should bear in mind the very large number of people who take young children to the game these days, and also a large proportion of people who live a fair distance away rather than just round the corner, in which case avoiding the traffic and a 40-45 minute queue IS a big deal so you dont have a horrible grumpy kid for the next 2/3 days because he didn't get to bed till after midnight.

By and large, the games at Eastland under Mancini have been a fucking embarrasment to football so why should I stay till the bitter end to applaud the players. And tio suggest it doesnt happen elsewhere is plain wrong. It happens at EVERY ground, particularly Old Trafford and particularly for midweek games for the very reason I have stated above.

firstly, i really hope you don't think in anything i've said i think i am a better supporter than you, would never say that to anyone. you've paid for a ticket its your choice how you wish to enjoy the game. it seems to me the ground starts to filter out at 80 mins most weeks, what I'm saying is does it really cut that much time off your journey, you're still getting a large mass of people leaving at the same time? and with everything else considered, do you believe it affects the players when we're 0-0 or 1-0 down and the ground empties. I personally do.

No, no sorry mate I didnt mean you, I meant this debate in general which crops up all the time. Personally I would never leave early on a weekend game, and rarely in the past have I ever left early midweek as I do have a nice little spot round the corner from the ground which means I'm on the road before most of those who left early have even got to their car - but different people support their team differently as you say, and it does piss me off when I see people leaving at 80 when it is a tight game, although last night I really couldnt blame them. Wigan were broken, we are behind Spurs on goal difference/scored and we pull two substitutions like that, i'm not surprised half the ground walked out.

Plenty around me were giving consideration to fucking it off at half time, and more seriously I honestly gave thought to whether I could even be bothered last night because I am that fucked off with Mancini's football and tactics.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby colonel_muck » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:21 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:it really is depressing as fuck seeing a half empty stadium at any point and with the amount of people that start leaving at 80 mins i can't really see the traffic being that much better in terms of getting home. you wouldn't see it at anfield or old trafford. we could have got a fourth last night but half the ground wasn't interested so its no surprise we just passed it round the back five for the final 10 mins.

I had been subject to around 70 minutes of mind numbingly shite football, watching players swan around passing the fucking ball into touch, pass the ball to the cunts in the bright orange shirts, and generally not giving a fuck about entertaining me. Within that shite was around 12 minutes of anything worth watching.

When Bobby brought Nedum and Sylvinho on to close the game down at about 80/85 minutes, was there any point in stopping to watch us pass the ball aimlessly around when you can get home and maybe nab an extra hour's sleep.

For my sins I stayed till the end as I didnt have the lad with me last night, but i'm fucking sick to death of wankers decreeing that they are a better supporter than me because I choose to leave a few minutes early. You should bear in mind the very large number of people who take young children to the game these days, and also a large proportion of people who live a fair distance away rather than just round the corner, in which case avoiding the traffic and a 40-45 minute queue IS a big deal so you dont have a horrible grumpy kid for the next 2/3 days because he didn't get to bed till after midnight.

By and large, the games at Eastland under Mancini have been a fucking embarrasment to football so why should I stay till the bitter end to applaud the players. And tio suggest it doesnt happen elsewhere is plain wrong. It happens at EVERY ground, particularly Old Trafford and particularly for midweek games for the very reason I have stated above.

firstly, i really hope you don't think in anything i've said i think i am a better supporter than you, would never say that to anyone. you've paid for a ticket its your choice how you wish to enjoy the game. it seems to me the ground starts to filter out at 80 mins most weeks, what I'm saying is does it really cut that much time off your journey, you're still getting a large mass of people leaving at the same time? and with everything else considered, do you believe it affects the players when we're 0-0 or 1-0 down and the ground empties. I personally do.

No, no sorry mate I didnt mean you, I meant this debate in general which crops up all the time. Personally I would never leave early on a weekend game, and rarely in the past have I ever left early midweek as I do have a nice little spot round the corner from the ground which means I'm on the road before most of those who left early have even got to their car - but different people support their team differently as you say, and it does piss me off when I see people leaving at 80 when it is a tight game, although last night I really couldnt blame them. Wigan were broken, we are behind Spurs on goal difference/scored and we pull two substitutions like that, i'm not surprised half the ground walked out.

Plenty around me were giving consideration to fucking it off at half time, and more seriously I honestly gave thought to whether I could even be bothered last night because I am that fucked off with Mancini's football and tactics.

know exactly how you feel there mate
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby xavi6 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:23 pm

johnpb78 wrote:Plenty around me were giving consideration to fucking it off at half time, and more seriously I honestly gave thought to whether I could even be bothered last night because I am that fucked off with Mancini's football and tactics.

Sorry mate but I think that's a horrible attitude to have. Support the club no matter what. I'd love to at every home game, and I'd stay for every second cheering on my time.

You must not have gone to any games around 1998.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:36 pm

The leaving earlier does grate me as i live in Bolton so it can take awhile to get home esp on night games when generally I will have been out of my house from 7am that day and get home at 11pm.But the big issues to me is the applauling atmosphere at our ground, this is a major major problem that needs addressing.

Last night was another example of a poor atmosphere which i can partly put down to the away following, but for fook sake we are 7 games away from the Chumps league. You would think we were just running down the clock on the season.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:43 pm

xavi6 wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:Plenty around me were giving consideration to fucking it off at half time, and more seriously I honestly gave thought to whether I could even be bothered last night because I am that fucked off with Mancini's football and tactics.

Sorry mate but I think that's a horrible attitude to have. Support the club no matter what. I'd love to at every home game, and I'd stay for every second cheering on my time.

You must not have gone to any games around 1998.

I can understand that view from people who dont get a chance to get to the games, particularly living abroad.

Back then, and perhaps until maybe 5 years ago I was younger, more enthusiastic, didnt have a mortgage and kids and didn't have anything better to do back then so didn't miss a single game home or away between age 17 and 25. And regardless how pissed off I am with the football, I still went last night, and will still be there next week.

What gave rise to the thought of not going was only that I missed the Everton game last week because my stepson threw up in the car on the way, and you know what - I didnt miss it one bit. I couldnt even be arsed looking for a stream as the outcome was so predictable against Everton. Having got beyond half time last night, I genuinely started to think of all the other things I could be doing.

Last time I had thoughts like that was under Pearce, and look how many thousands of ST holders voted with their feet then - many of whom still havent come back. He had an excuse, our players were shit. Mancini doesnt have that luxury.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dazby » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:06 pm

Here we just don't have that culture. I was at a rugby league game a couple of years ago and the home team were getting thrashed. However, everyone hung around. No one left early. We all wanted to see our team score a try and we supported them until the end even though they didn't.

People put CTID in their posts etc. Some should change it to CTTEMMWIHTGTTCSICGHFME (City Til The Eighty Minute Mark When I Have To Get To The Car So I Can Get Home Five Minutes Early.)
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Bit disappointed with some of the views from who I'd regard as top posters in this thread.
Honestly try sitting in that North Car Park after the match! I was sat there once for over an hour without fuckin moving an inch! And then you get the cunts who think it's alright to let one of their party leave early to go back to the car and then sit parked up blocking one of the lanes waiting for the rest of them!! Night matches I usually leave 10 minutes early unless we're playing one of the big boys. And even then after the match I'm just walking around the stadium for 45 minutes knowing that if I go back to the car I'll just be sat there! So if that makes me a 'shit' fan or whatever then so be it! But I was actually there still with a season ticket when we were playing Macclesfield and fuckin Stockport and when we were playing Wigan in the Div 2 play-offs. So if I pay my money to the club and I want to fuck off 10 minutes early on a night match I will fuckin do!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:39 pm

patrickblue wrote:I bloody hate it. Not only leaving early, but arriving late, up and down all game to buy chips, gives me the total hump. The answers always the same. I've paid for my ticket, I can do what I like.

and that im afraid is true, its sometimes easier to go and get a pint a few mins b4 half time instead of waiting till half time when there are loads of people trying to get served at the same time
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:42 pm

MaseCTID wrote:Bit disappointed with some of the views from who I'd regard as top posters in this thread.
Honestly try sitting in that North Car Park after the match! I was sat there once for over an hour without fuckin moving an inch! And then you get the cunts who think it's alright to let one of their party leave early to go back to the car and then sit parked up blocking one of the lanes waiting for the rest of them!! Night matches I usually leave 10 minutes early unless we're playing one of the big boys. And even then after the match I'm just walking around the stadium for 45 minutes knowing that if I go back to the car I'll just be sat there! So if that makes me a 'shit' fan or whatever then so be it! But I was actually there still with a season ticket when we were playing Macclesfield and fuckin Stockport and when we were playing Wigan in the Div 2 play-offs. So if I pay my money to the club and I want to fuck off 10 minutes early on a night match I will fuckin do!!

I was there then too mate (MR). And we had a five hour trip ahead of us. Used to run for it just before the end (not 10 mins though). If we didn´t get out of Platt Lane complex sharpish it was a good hour sitting in the car. If we stayed to the end you could just stroll as you were wasting your time rushing, and get home by midnight.

Most of the complaints about leaving come from people living within 15 minutes I reckon!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:53 pm

if on a night match, i stay till the end, i get home at 11-45 ish, if i leave at 2-5 mins to end, i get home at 11-10, so an extra 35 mins in bed, and at getting up at 4-30 it does make a differance. but day games i stay till the end ish and get home about 1hr 25-30. and at away games i stay till the end
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:I always stay to the end, every game, and yes, it frigs me off when the stadium is empty before full time, BUT......

I got home at 10.40 last night after sitting in traffic getting home. If I'd took my lads to the match, that would be waaaaay past their bed time. So what I'm saying is, I can sort of come to terms with it on night matches. Weekend games when its during the day though, no excuses.

When I went to the Carling Cup game, I sat in traffic on Ashton New Road for 40 mins, then on the M6 there were delays due to the inordinate amount of road works. Then the M1was down to one lane in parts - more delays. M25 - same. i got home at 4am the next morning after that game, but it doesn't stop me staying til the end. I'm no martyr, but I support my team.

if you're more interested in getting your balti wrap 5 mins before half time, can't drag yourself out of the pub to get in your seat to cheer your team when they run out, or leave 10 mins before the end to get home early, f*** off and watch the scum. we don't need your like at City.
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:07 pm

bernabias_right_boot wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:I always stay to the end, every game, and yes, it frigs me off when the stadium is empty before full time, BUT......

I got home at 10.40 last night after sitting in traffic getting home. If I'd took my lads to the match, that would be waaaaay past their bed time. So what I'm saying is, I can sort of come to terms with it on night matches. Weekend games when its during the day though, no excuses.

When I went to the Carling Cup game, I sat in traffic on Ashton New Road for 40 mins, then on the M6 there were delays due to the inordinate amount of road works. Then the M1was down to one lane in parts - more delays. M25 - same. i got home at 4am the next morning after that game, but it doesn't stop me staying til the end. I'm no martyr, but I support my team.

if you're more interested in getting your balti wrap 5 mins before half time, can't drag yourself out of the pub to get in your seat to cheer your team when they run out, or leave 10 mins before the end to get home early, f*** off and watch the scum. we don't need your like at City.

I sincerely hope that wasn't aimed at me.
If it was, read the first line of my post again.....
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:

I'm more interested in these Balti wrap things. Do they have more chicken in them than Balti Pies, if so which stand do they sell them in. That may explain why cunts trample all over my feet from about 35 minutes onwards, as it takes them so long to get to the Balti Wrap bar.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:18 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:

I'm more interested in these Balti wrap things. Do they have more chicken in them than Balti Pies, if so which stand do they sell them in. That may explain why cunts trample all over my feet from about 35 minutes onwards, as it takes them so long to get to the Balti Wrap bar.

Its certainly a little teaser.
You can +1 me up on the missing at 40 mins leaderboard.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Was that the last time you went to a game?

Edit, sorry I dont mean that in a twattish way, but you point out one game which was the biggest game in probably 20odd years, yet dont seem to have mentioned last night or Everton. Like I said to Xavi, if you dont go every week I can understand you wanting to stay to the end and be one of the last out of the ground or whatever, but when you go week in week out and have kids to get home, or up early for work, City is NOT my priority. I owe city and their players fuck all.

On the traffic point also - even for weekend matches I can see why people with kids would scarper early. Have you ever been sat in a car with 2 kids going nowhere for 40 minutes?
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:33 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

No, I am a seasoncard holder in the Colin Bell stand. L3. And I hope that you're not insinuating anything by that.

The balti wrap line was written 'tongue in cheek', (which helps typing!)
bernabias_right_boot

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:45 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

No, I am a seasoncard holder in the Colin Bell stand. L3. And I hope that you're not insinuating anything by that.

See edit above, must have edited as you were writing this.

If you are on the M25 it must take you till 2am minimum to get home anyway? Just thought it strange that you would point out the United game when we have had other night games since.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:50 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

See edit above, must have edited as you were writing this.

If you are on the M25 it must take you till 2am minimum to get home anyway? Just thought it strange that you would point out the U***d game when we have had other night games since.

Midweek games are a nightmare for me, as you rightly point out, plus I work shifts, which also gets in the way. My point with the CC game was that even at 2-1 up, people around me, who must've paid 40quid like me for their ticket, were leaving early in droves.
2-1 up against the scum and leaving? I know it was only the first leg, but if ever City deserved a full house applauding at the end of a game it was then.
bernabias_right_boot

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Midweek games are a nightmare for me, as you rightly point out, plus I work shifts, which also gets in the way. My point with the CC game was that even at 2-1 up, people around me, who must've paid 40quid like me for their ticket, were leaving early in droves.
2-1 up against the scum and leaving? I know it was only the first leg, but if ever City deserved a full house applauding at the end of a game it was then.

Can definately agree with that mate, worst one I have seen was Hamburg when people around me were leaving at 75 when there was everything to play for - I thought that was disgusting. Derby wins and european quarter finals dont come around that often.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum