Fans Leaving Early

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fans Leaving Early

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:01 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
bernabias_right_boot wrote:
Midweek games are a nightmare for me, as you rightly point out, plus I work shifts, which also gets in the way. My point with the CC game was that even at 2-1 up, people around me, who must've paid 40quid like me for their ticket, were leaving early in droves.
2-1 up against the scum and leaving? I know it was only the first leg, but if ever City deserved a full house applauding at the end of a game it was then.

Can definately agree with that mate, worst one I have seen was Hamburg when people around me were leaving at 75 when there was everything to play for - I thought that was disgusting. Derby wins and european quarter finals dont come around that often.

Derby wins are special. Thankfully, they're more common now than at any time since I've been watching, which is since 1985. Supporter since 1975.
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby Vhero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Ya know I have left early a few times, well I say left early I go to the top of the steps with my nan as she has trouble climbing the steps and at the end with the massive rush of people she gets knocked about badly since she has trouble with her hip so we have to climb the steps a bit early. We climb up them usually with 5-10 minutes to go and stand at the top until the final whistle. We could wait until everybody else left however we get a coach to the game and out of respect to the rest of the people on there its not really fair to make all them wait.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Nick » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Sorry guys, I left early for the first time ever last night in order miss traffic and go to my mates in sale, then back to mine, then into town for a night out. I fucking missed the 3rd goal too!!

First time sitting in tier 2 colin bell, and I must say, its even worse than the other places ive been for atmosphere! Even 2-0 up!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:13 pm

What a thread. You've gotta love every one of those posts. All City Hero's in my book.

You can all do what you want for me, I don't really care as long as I'm there and allowed to do what I want (piss over the balcony from the 3rd teir).
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby 9secondlegend » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:I always stay to the end, every game, and yes, it frigs me off when the stadium is empty before full time, BUT......

I got home at 10.40 last night after sitting in traffic getting home. If I'd took my lads to the match, that would be waaaaay past their bed time. So what I'm saying is, I can sort of come to terms with it on night matches. Weekend games when its during the day though, no excuses.

When I went to the Carling Cup game, I sat in traffic on Ashton New Road for 40 mins, then on the M6 there were delays due to the inordinate amount of road works. Then the M1was down to one lane in parts - more delays. M25 - same. i got home at 4am the next morning after that game, but it doesn't stop me staying til the end. I'm no martyr, but I support my team.

if you're more interested in getting your balti wrap 5 mins before half time, can't drag yourself out of the pub to get in your seat to cheer your team when they run out, or leave 10 mins before the end to get home early, f*** off and watch the scum. we don't need your like at City.

so we dont need people like that at city?
well i think you will find there will be around 15-20k at eastlands every week then.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Dameerto wrote:Some people worry about traffic more than their team, sadly. I always think it's a shame when people leave early. They do it in the US a lot too.

A lot? That is an understatement. I remember when I was in college in Los Angeles, a friend of mine, her family had season tickets to the Dodgers. We did not get there until the 3rd inninng, and when I made her stay past the 7th inning she said she had never stuck around that long. The Dodgers won in the last at bat, she was so exited, she never realized baseball was like that. To this day I will NEVER understand that mindset.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Blue Toy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:09 pm

Who gives a fuck?

Come when you come, go when you go, job done.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby spiv » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:38 pm

I never leave early as there is no point, the traffic will be there early or late. I didn't get home till 4-30 this morning but i suppose shuffling out of the Townley 45 minutes after last orders didn't help.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:47 pm

LeanneIsABlue..x wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:To be honest its not the leaving early that gets on my nerves, I have never left early for any city game ive been to anyway.

Its the SILENCE or the dick head fans who wont fucking SING, its like your going to a musical and sit and watch. These guys are the disgrace!

What i think needs to happen is, people on here and blue moon who dont sit in the south stand and always try/want to sing find themselves singing on there own should get together and organise to sit together in groups around the stadium and get people singing.

Have you really just called every fan that doesn't sing a dick head and a disgrace?

You're a disgrace.

Ive seen a guy singing his heart out and other fans making snide remarks saying " Feel sorry for his kids" seen it a few times. The more i go to the games the more i see these kind of fans. Im not saying every fan has to sing all the game but at least back up the south stand when there trying to get behind the team. Its sad when the south stand or a section of the ground get a song going but no one backs it up and it just goes quite.

Sorry if it upsets you what i said but this upsets me and pisses me off. Im tired of hearing fans take the piss outa united fans saying Prawn sandwhich etc when im seeing snobbery at city games.

My girlfriend dont sing but when im singing and no one backs me up she says to me whats the point no one is bothered.

And she knows very little about football.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:16 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
LeanneIsABlue..x wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:To be honest its not the leaving early that gets on my nerves, I have never left early for any city game ive been to anyway.

Its the SILENCE or the dick head fans who wont fucking SING, its like your going to a musical and sit and watch. These guys are the disgrace!

What i think needs to happen is, people on here and blue moon who dont sit in the south stand and always try/want to sing find themselves singing on there own should get together and organise to sit together in groups around the stadium and get people singing.

Have you really just called every fan that doesn't sing a dick head and a disgrace?

You're a disgrace.

Ive seen a guy singing his heart out and other fans making snide remarks saying " Feel sorry for his kids" seen it a few times. The more i go to the games the more i see these kind of fans. Im not saying every fan has to sing all the game but at least back up the south stand when there trying to get behind the team. Its sad when the south stand or a section of the ground get a song going but no one backs it up and it just goes quite.

Sorry if it upsets you what i said but this upsets me and pisses me off. Im tired of hearing fans take the piss outa U***d fans saying Prawn sandwhich etc when im seeing snobbery at city games.

My girlfriend dont sing but when im singing and no one backs me up she says to me whats the point no one is bothered.

And she knows very little about football.

I promised myself that I would let the lads wake me up for this game but as usual, I couldn't help myself and started full blast, and with the aide of my mucker in front had no problems singing and shouting away. Strange that no-one says a word but there was a bloke next to me who started booing like a 4 year old 5 minutes before half-time who I had to have a word with when he got back from the bar. If he wants to boo, crack on by all means, but just don't do it next to me and don't boo like a girl!
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby rick1894citizen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:18 pm

coMs wrote:
rick1894citizen wrote:Unfortunatley never going to change but is annoying when people are leaving with 20 to go, traffic was ok last night as there was only 1 coach in the convoy (fucking joke of a club) so was home at half ten instead of half eleven after everton.

More annoying is someone complaining about my mate and his dad effing and jeffing in 106 (they'v been there for 20 years/ well kippax obviously ) but [highlight]people should sit in CB third tier if they dont like passion[/highlight], thought it was bad in 136 but i've never been told to stop swearing.

what is that supposed to mean.? i see you must be the bestest fan in the world eh...... prick!!

It means there should be (and possibly is) a dedicated area for fans who dont want to hear swearing etc when its not going to plan, when i take my 4yo i dont take him in south or singing section and dont want him to hear swearing but appreciate its hard to control your emotions at a match (as do it myself) and therefore wouldn't complain to a steward at half time that somebody had the audacity to swear at a football match FFS.

So suck on my chocolate salty balls......PRICK.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ashton287 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:26 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:I always stay to the end, every game, and yes, it frigs me off when the stadium is empty before full time, BUT......

I got home at 10.40 last night after sitting in traffic getting home. If I'd took my lads to the match, that would be waaaaay past their bed time. So what I'm saying is, I can sort of come to terms with it on night matches. Weekend games when its during the day though, no excuses.

When I went to the Carling Cup game, I sat in traffic on Ashton New Road for 40 mins, then on the M6 there were delays due to the inordinate amount of road works. Then the M1was down to one lane in parts - more delays. M25 - same. i got home at 4am the next morning after that game, but it doesn't stop me staying til the end. I'm no martyr, but I support my team.

if you're more interested in getting your balti wrap 5 mins before half time, can't drag yourself out of the pub to get in your seat to cheer your team when they run out, or leave 10 mins before the end to get home early, f*** off and watch the scum. we don't need your like at City.

Was that the last time you went to a game?

Edit, sorry I dont mean that in a twattish way, but you point out one game which was the biggest game in probably 20odd years, yet dont seem to have mentioned last night or Everton. Like I said to Xavi, if you dont go every week I can understand you wanting to stay to the end and be one of the last out of the ground or whatever, but when you go week in week out and have kids to get home, or up early for work, City is NOT my priority. I owe city and their players fuck all.

On the traffic point also - even for weekend matches I can see why people with kids would scarper early. Have you ever been sat in a car with 2 kids going nowhere for 40 minutes?

bollocks to all this pussy faggoting around everyone apolagising because a shitfan got a bit shirty. IF YOU LEAVE EARLY THEN YOU ARE A SHIT FAN. None of these cunts will be wanting to miss the traffic in 2 years time when were playing barca in the CL so they can fuck off with there faggy excuses because it Wigan. Most of these people wouldn't of even bothered if it was on sky they only turned up because they haven't got espn.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:37 am

ashton287 wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Edit, sorry I dont mean that in a twattish way, but you point out one game which was the biggest game in probably 20odd years, yet dont seem to have mentioned last night or Everton. Like I said to Xavi, if you dont go every week I can understand you wanting to stay to the end and be one of the last out of the ground or whatever, but when you go week in week out and have kids to get home, or up early for work, City is NOT my priority. I owe city and their players fuck all.

On the traffic point also - even for weekend matches I can see why people with kids would scarper early. Have you ever been sat in a car with 2 kids going nowhere for 40 minutes?

bollocks to all this pussy faggoting around everyone apolagising because a shitfan got a bit shirty. IF YOU LEAVE EARLY THEN YOU ARE A SHIT FAN. None of these cunts will be wanting to miss the traffic in 2 years time when were playing barca in the CL so they can fuck off with there faggy excuses because it Wigan. Most of these people wouldn't of even bothered if it was on sky they only turned up because they haven't got espn.

I agree with you ashton people may not like it but i think its right.

I have sat in traffic for an hour and love listening to the radio and beeping my horn after a win. But for me its not the major issue.

The ATMOSPHERE is the major issue for me and people not backing me or the few who decide to sing in quite areas of the stadium. Just sit there eating there prawn sandwhiches.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:56 am

ashton287 wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

You will find that if people want to leave early once a game is finished, then they will leave early regardless of whether it is Barcelona or Burnley, and regardless of whether you think they are a shit fan - it happens at every football ground in the world, and has been happening for the 25 years I have been going to football matches - FACT. I agree it winds me up people leaving early when the game is not over in close games or where the side has totally pulled their tripe out and deserve the plaudits, but each to their own pal.

Why the fuck do you believe it makes you a better fan than someone else because you choose to stay to the end, thats a personal choice based on a personal circumstance. The person who deserved the ovation got it in front of a full ground. The rest of them hardly deserved fucking paying let alone my adulation.

However, being the one who thought people should drive dozens or hundreds of miles in the snow to keep the united game on against police advice, clearly you dont give a fuck about anyone's opinions or situation other than your own, so perhaps replying is a waste of time.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby mr_nool » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:09 am

johnpb78 wrote:
You will find that if people want to leave early once a game is finished, then they will leave early regardless of whether it is Barcelona or Burnley, and regardless of whether you think they are a shit fan - it happens at every football ground in the world, and has been happening for the 25 years I have been going to football matches - FACT. I agree it winds me up people leaving early when the game is not over in close games or where the side has totally pulled their tripe out and deserve the plaudits, but each to their own pal.

Why the fuck do you believe it makes you a better fan than someone else because you choose to stay to the end, thats a personal choice based on a personal circumstance. The person who deserved the ovation got it in front of a full ground. The rest of them hardly deserved fucking paying let alone my adulation.

However, being the one who thought people should drive dozens or hundreds of miles in the snow to keep the U***d game on against police advice, clearly you dont give a fuck about anyone's opinions or situation other than your own, so perhaps replying is a waste of time.

It might be a personal choice, but it effects me if I have to stand up for people who want to pass me on their way out, risking missing important events on the pitch.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:37 am

mr_nool wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

However, being the one who thought people should drive dozens or hundreds of miles in the snow to keep the U***d game on against police advice, clearly you dont give a fuck about anyone's opinions or situation other than your own, so perhaps replying is a waste of time.

It might be a personal choice, but it effects me if I have to stand up for people who want to pass me on their way out, risking missing important events on the pitch.

I assume therefore you would complain about having to stand up because the whole stand stands up to see a bit of goalmouth action.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dazby » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:48 am

Here's the thing John, I think it's a urely English trait. lease enlighten me on where it's done so blatantly anywhere else in the world.

kinell, I've lost a second letter.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby mr_nool » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:50 am

johnpb78 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

I assume therefore you would complain about having to stand up because the whole stand stands up to see a bit of goalmouth action.

there's a difference. I would prefer to stand the whole game, to be honest, and having people squeeze past me to leave early would annoy me no matter if I would be standing or sitting.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:55 am

dazby wrote:Here's the thing John, I think it's a urely English trait. lease enlighten me on where it's done so blatantly anywhere else in the world.

kinell, I've lost a second letter.

Here, have a P.

I have personally attended games in Italy at Venezia, Spain at both Valencia & Espanyol and in Scotland at Rangers, all in the 90s where the very same thing happened.

I know what you said earlier about Rugby league - but that is the thing, I think it is a football thing. I often used to watch Rugby League in the 90s, and the grounds never emptied before the end. I dont know about nowadays as I can't afford to do both football and rugby any more. Having said that though the attendances were rarely above 10,000 and have fallen further still so there was none of this supposed urgency to get on the road.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 am

mr_nool wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

there's a difference. I would prefer to stand the whole game, to be honest, and having people squeeze past me to leave early would annoy me no matter if I would be standing or sitting.

I know pal, i'm just playing devils advocate. However it is rare at home that you are standing all game, and my lad can't see a fucking thing when people do stand up so he often misses the goals and has to settle for watching the replays. Who has the right to stop him from enjoying his view?

Should I start screaming at the twats on the front row that they dont need to stand up as they have nothing but fresh air in front of them, or do I just accept that this is what happens at football matches, in just the same way that people leaving early happens
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum