City V Wigan Player Ratings

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City V Wigan Player Ratings

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:56 am

mr_nool wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:I'm happy we won. [highlight]Tevez needs a nosh. I'll offer him my bird. I suggest you all do the same.[/highlight]

Vieira and De Jong was a bad choice though. We need the two CM's who weren't on the pitch playing in every home game.

In a 442 with Ireland and Barry in the middle.

Ha ha ha. I'd do that but I'd surely get a slap from my missus if I did suggest such a thing!

Oi player! Get your woman under control.

Don't go there Moonchesteri. She would run straight into his arms as soon as he showed her his check book, bought her a nifty little car and gave her a visa card for unlimited shopping in Arndale Centre.

One of the unfortunate facts of life you just have to deal with.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:15 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:I'm happy we won. [highlight]Tevez needs a nosh. I'll offer him my bird. I suggest you all do the same.[/highlight]

Vieira and De Jong was a bad choice though. We need the two CM's who weren't on the pitch playing in every home game.

Ha ha ha. I'd do that but I'd surely get a slap from my missus if I did suggest such a thing!

Oi player! Get your woman under control.

Don't go there Moonchesteri. She would run straight into his arms as soon as he showed her his check book, bought her a nifty little car and gave her a visa card for unlimited shopping in Arndale Centre.

One of the unfortunate facts of life you just have to deal with.

Ok better to keep my mouth shut then ;)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby btajim » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:38 pm

btajim wrote:Only after Matches won? The opposite never happened for Draws and Defeats, did it?!
I think the sending off helped change the course of the Match. The first half was poor and Wigan looked set to frustrate us throughout. I did worry that they'd grab something against the run of play and then shut up shop - but Tevez, one of the only Players to really put a succesful shift in, finished them.

What opposite? Sometimes people celebrate draws, yeah. I've rarely seen people celebrate losses, apart from rags away this season and Hamburg home last season.

Oh dear... You know full well that I meant people on here have been moaning about Draws that weren't Wins and Wins that were too lucky or underwhelming.

3-2 at Home to Twente or 1-1 at Fulham spring to mind.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:47 pm

btajim wrote:
btajim wrote:Only after Matches won? The opposite never happened for Draws and Defeats, did it?!
I think the sending off helped change the course of the Match. The first half was poor and Wigan looked set to frustrate us throughout. I did worry that they'd grab something against the run of play and then shut up shop - but Tevez, one of the only Players to really put a succesful shift in, finished them.

What opposite? Sometimes people celebrate draws, yeah. I've rarely seen people celebrate losses, apart from rags away this season and Hamburg home last season.

Oh dear... You know full well that I meant people on here have been moaning about Draws that weren't Wins and Wins that were too lucky or underwhelming.

3-2 home to Twente???? Really???? I seem to remember that as fairly entertaining game but maybe my memory fails me.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:54 pm

For anybody who cares to find out what we thought of the Twente game.
http://www.mancityfans.net/oldsite/view ... 91&t=32927
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby btajim » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:59 pm

btajim wrote:Oh dear... You know full well that I meant people on here have been moaning about Draws that weren't Wins and Wins that were too lucky or underwhelming.

3-2 home to Twente???? Really???? I seem to remember that as fairly entertaining game but maybe my memory fails me.

I can't log in to the bit MRM has given - but Twente was the sort of result people were kicking off about last season. The Hughes Out Brigade, basically.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:05 pm

btajim wrote:
btajim wrote:Oh dear... You know full well that I meant people on here have been moaning about Draws that weren't Wins and Wins that were too lucky or underwhelming.

I can't log in to the bit MRM has given - but Twente was the sort of result people were kicking off about last season. The Hughes Out Brigade, basically.

Classic. Now I DID open that thread. Like on many other subjects it's all too convenient to make stuff up and claim that I had pop at Hughes in whatever change. This was however what I said in reality.

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Excellent display going forward in second half but my oh my our defence is AWFULL.

Good result and entertaining game.

"Good result and entertaining football". Seems like I was vying for blood.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:34 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:I'm happy we won. Tevez needs a nosh. I'll offer him my bird. I suggest you all do the same.

Im delighted we won, but as Bingo and others have repeated Vieira and DeJong is just not right. We played as though we were 10 men and it showed when they got one sent off as only then did it look like we had 11.

Mancini looked like he was furious with the first half performance and disappeared down the tunnel so he could get a stock of boots lined up to throw at them.

i was disappointed when the team was announced and the resulting performance reflected it imo. We need to continue to improve if we are going to stay in the running and imo we didnt show any improvement last night, more like going backwards.. starting slow, unable to get a grip on midfield and sinking back to deep positions.
We have debated this on here over the last month or so and one conclusion is as Bingo suggested that we dont need DeJong against this type of opposition.. for all the reasons that are obvious.

It is frustrating watching a team shackled by the manager.. and even though he apparently is putting more emphasis on attacking these days he keeps setting us up to make that difficult imo. My concern is that in games where we can get some decent live practice at holding a higher positon on the pitch and improve our link up play with the forward lot, is basically just squandered by Mancini.
i dont see that we learnt anything from last nights game and we didnt show that we learnt anything from the loss to Everton.
That is why i am disappointed.

i am going to put it down to a dodgy team selection in midfield and a poor performance due to being a Monday night.. however as someone pointed out it is great to get such a good result when playing poorly. i am also going to assume it was a one off, cos if not we are going to drop points starting games like that again and we have to assume that we dont have the luxury anymore of dropping points.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby btajim » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:49 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Classic. Now I DID open that thread. Like on many other subjects it's all too convenient to make stuff up and claim that I had pop at Hughes in whatever change. This was however what I said in reality.

You're really paranoid today, aren't you? Why do you think every critique I am making is solely aimed at you? It isn't. Whilst I found your behaviour to be unacceptable on numerous occasions last season, there were another 50 Posters who were far less eloquent in their argument.

The 3-2 win at Home to Twente was one of the results I remember as not being good enough for the Hughes Out Brigade. This is regardless of you being their Supervisor.

I also can't log in to it because my account was suspended on the old version of the forum. You started my Goodbye Thread, didn't you?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:53 pm

btajim wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Classic. Now I DID open that thread. Like on many other subjects it's all too convenient to make stuff up and claim that I had pop at Hughes in whatever change. This was however what I said in reality.

You're really paranoid today, aren't you? [highlight]Why do you think every critique I am making is solely aimed at you?[/highlight][highlight][/highlight] It isn't. Whilst I found your behaviour to be unacceptable on numerous occasions last season, there were another 50 Posters who were far less eloquent in their argument.

The 3-2 win at Home to Twente was one of the results I remember as not being good enough for the Hughes Out Brigade. This is regardless of you being their Supervisor.

I also can't log in to it because my account was suspended on the old version of the forum. You started my Goodbye Thread, didn't you?

Ha ha ha.. do you seriously need that answered!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum