Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:50 am

Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha may snub England to play for Nigeria in World Cup
Nedum Onuoha has declared his aim to turn his back on England in order to go to the World Cup with Nigeria.
The Manchester City defender has captained England’s Under-21 side, and played 21 times for them.
Soaring Eagle? Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha could end up facing Fernando Torres at the World Cup this summer.
But Nigeria-born Onuoha is eligible to play for the Super Eagles as he has never won a senior England cap - and he plans to switch allegiance as he fears being overlooked by Three Lions boss Fabio Capello.
'It will be flattering to be approached by Nigeria,' the 23-year-old said. 'No-one has spoken to me since the former manager Berti Vogts made an informal approach a couple of years ago.
'I follow Nigerian football all the time. I’m the same as any other person - if you are born there that’s where your heart is. I have not been approached by any official from Nigeria but if I am, I will weigh up my options and consult my family.
'But it’s more than a possibility that I will agree to play for the Eagles.'
Nigeria coach Lars Lagerback indicated he is ready to call Onuoha into his squad.
'I don’t close my door on any player,' the Swede said. 'We have started taking a look at Nigerian players, and we will continue to look at the best players we can use for the World Cup.
'I already have a shortlist of 45 players we can choose from, who I believe are the best Nigeria has. Most of them are from Europe. Any player who is outside the list, young or old, wherever he is playing, has a chance to be in the team if he can show he is better than what I have.'

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Atletico Madrid keeper David de Gea rejected Wigan last year because his dream move would be joining Manchester United. Daily Mail

Portsmouth are trying to sell Nadir Belhadj to Russian side CSKA Moscow for £4m - but about £1m is owed to his former club Lens, who want the amount settled in full. Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
West Ham want former England manager Steve McClaren, who is currently in charge of Dutch side Twente Enschede and on the verge of winning the title, to be their new boss next season - but need Gianfranco Zola to keep them in the Premier League first. Daily Mirror

Current England boss Fabio Capello has tipped Aston Villa midfielder James Milner to be his surprise package at this summer's World Cup finals in South Africa. The Sun

Arsenal are confident captain Cesc Fabregas will be fit to face his former club Barcelona in the Champions League quarter-final first leg at the Emirates on Wednesday. The Independent

Meanwhile, self-confessed Arsenal fan Thierry Henry says he is feeling emotional about his return to north London as a Barca player. Daily Express

Iain Dowie could get the Hull manager's job permanently, even if the Tigers are relegated this season. Daily Mirror

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson loves playing against the best teams in the Champions League and declared: "We've got our cake and we're eating it." Daily Mail

Landing Sven-Goran Eriksson as the new Ivory Coast manager is a dream come true, according to the Elephants' Chelsea striker Didier Drogba. Daily Mirror

Referee Mike Dean, who awarded Blackburn a controversial penalty in their 1-0 win at rivals Burnley on Sunday, will take charge of Saturday's crunch match in the Premier League between Manchester United and Chelsea at Old Trafford. Daily Mail
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:29 am

So - was Mike Dean personally selected by fergiescum - he always gives them everything
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:19 am

I like the idea of NEdum declaring for Nigeria. Admitted, it means he will be in African Nations Cup in future but I feel he would fit international football well. At this stage of his career it is looking increasingly likely that he will never be capped for England.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:22 am

'Nedum snubs England' does sort of bring a smile to the face :)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby david yearsley » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:06 am

We should do everything to get De Gea before that twat does - believe me !
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby andeez nutz » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:37 am

Where is the wag?
andeez nutz
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: johnson

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:32 pm

andeez nutz wrote:Where is the wag?

She seems to abscond every other day at the moment
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:36 pm

craigmcfc wrote:

it's fucking bullshit. i come on here for gossip, and a trollop and i get 1/2 my money's worth. I pay good money every month to be a member of this site, and i'm getting frustrated.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

it's fucking bullshit. i come on here for gossip, and a trollop and i get 1/2 my money's worth. I pay good money every month to be a member of this site, and i'm getting frustrated.

cheers

When he gets no votes at the election and loses his deposit he'll know why
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby gillie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:42 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

cheers

When he gets no votes at the election and loses his deposit he'll know why

Chinners is like a dog with no tail fuckin wagless.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum