bobby dropping bellers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

bobby dropping bellers

Postby blue wine » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:24 am

just wanted to say well done bobby for having the guts to drop bellamy.

a few wont agree with me, but bellers is not consistent enough. he has 1 good game and the next 4-5 games he just doesnt turn up, just sits outwide and isnt effective. last night when he came on he didnt have the best of games but he did try alot harder and startet to run more infield (what has been missing in his game).

plus IF it's true that bellamy criticised bobby for the moyes incident, bobby was right to drop him anyways. you never ever criticise the manager like that..we're a team/family and you stick up and fight for eachother even if bobby was in the wrong!

what do guys think of the decision that bobby but bellers on the bench? right or wrong?

and just want to say, i do love bellers and i'm really glad that he is at my club.
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Re: bobby dropping bellers

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:28 am

2 thoughts:

he dropped bellers but rested Barry. Are we sure?

mad dog bellamy would criticise someone for going toe to toe with their opposite number? I don't think so.

I think our manager got away with it, but he nearly didn't
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mike J » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:29 am

i dont think its 100% certain he was dropped. his knees cant take 2/3 games within the space of a few days. we have the squad there so we need to use it.

class player though, love him.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby rick1894citizen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:30 am

Think it was good move but because Bellers aswell as Tevez and Barry have looked tired so hopefully Bellers and Barry will be ok for run in now and said to mate last night we should just have Tevez doing light training to tick over as he is looking tired and is so important for us in these 8 games.

God knows what they'll be like next year if we get CL and with the world cup, there'll be burnt out at xmas.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:33 am

blue wine - it was an obvious case of resting him (and Barry), as he will be very effective away at Burnley on Saturday. He was only to be brought on last night if we needed him. Unfortunately we did and he made us a lot better.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beeks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:34 am

Only a matter of time before Bellers gets stick

IMO he has been a revelation second only to Tevez this season in work ethic and complete commitment to the cause

It is quite frankly ridiculous to critisize the guy at this moment in time and completely counter productive
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 am

Mike J wrote:i dont think its 100% certain he was dropped. his knees cant take 2/3 games within the space of a few days. we have the squad there so we need to use it.

class player though, love him.

He has said that himself. I don't think he was dropped.

And I also missed the story where Bellamy lampasted Mancini for going face to face with Moyes. In fact, I can't believe Bellamy would moan about his manager showing same passion he does.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby dazby » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:20 am

I'm sure Bellers knees would have had a major influence on the decision for him to come off the bench. I like the idea of a fresh Bellers running at tiring defenders. Ne><t season I can see Bellamy becoming a super sub.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby blue wine » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:21 am

maybe you guys are right, he might of been rested. but i still think there is more behind it but I could be wrong..

@ian
dont get me wrong, I also rate bellers as top one of our top 3 best player of the this season sofar.. love everything about him and ive also sponsored one of his boys in africa. but you have to admit that he is not consistent enough..? last good game was against chelsea and after that was..?

here is the story anyways..

Craig Bellamy probe - Manchester City striker at the centre of Everton spat
Craig Bellamy is involved in another Manchester City investigation after allegations of an incident in the players’ tunnel at the end of his team’s 2-0 defeat by Everton at Eastlands on Wednesday night.
Sportsmail understands City striker Bellamy will be spoken to today by the club’s football administrator Brian Marwood about comments he is alleged to have made as
he left the field.
One story leaked to Sportsmail last night was that Bellamy may have made audible comments in support of David Moyes in the wake of the touchline bust-up between the Everton manager and City boss Roberto Mancini towards the end of the Barclays Premier League match.
It is understood that Bellamy will be asked about this and that other City
players may be questioned about what they saw or heard.
Last night City would not comment. Bellamy fell out with Mancini over the Italian’s coaching methods in February. It is certainly not unusual for him to argue with opponents or team-mates after a game.
However, reports of this latest incident are known to have been serious enough to
prompt City to investigate.
The development came as City last night found themselves in an escalating row with Everton over a directors’ box disagreement between Eastlands chief executive Garry Cook and a guest of the Merseyside club’s official party.
Managers Mancini and Moyes could yet be charged with misconduct by the FA after
they clashed on the touchline in injury time. But it also emerged last night that a
rivalry that intensified when City pursued and signed defender Joleon Lescott
from Goodison Park in the summer spilled over in the directors’ box.
It is understood that Cook reacted angrily when he believed millionaire property director George Downing — a guest of an Everton director — was joining in with chants coming from the away end at the final whistle.
With Everton fans singing: ‘2-0 and we’ve spent **** all’, Cook turned round and told Downing to shut up. City allege that Downing’s language then became increasingly offensive while Everton claim that it was Cook who was on his feet spouting obscenities.
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby colonel_muck » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:36 am

i find it hard to blame wingers for being inconsistent. they're on the pitch to take people on and no one, not even messi or ronaldo is going to be able to go past a full back all day long. i think its harsh to say bellamy has one good game and then goes missing for the the next 4-5 its just not true. i think he always does something of note, he always goes past someone even if its just once or twice and when he does he usually makes the right decision with the ball. by his own admission he struggles to play 2 games a week. we have depth in the squad, lets use it.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:54 am

I love him, constant grinding is his personality and he is honest in everything he does. We need a guy who has that attitude and questions everything, makes people justify themselves and keeps everyone around him honest.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Burt » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:18 am

blue wine wrote:maybe you guys are right, he might of been rested. but i still think there is more behind it but I could be wrong..

@ian
dont get me wrong, I also rate bellers as top one of our top 3 best player of the this season sofar.. love everything about him and ive also sponsored one of his boys in africa. but you have to admit that he is not consistent enough..? last good game was against chelsea and after that was..?

here is the story anyways..

Craig Bellamy probe - Manchester City striker at the centre of Everton spat
Craig Bellamy is involved in another Manchester City investigation after allegations of an incident in the players’ tunnel at the end of his team’s 2-0 defeat by Everton at Eastlands on Wednesday night.
Sportsmail understands City striker Bellamy will be spoken to today by the club’s football administrator Brian Marwood about comments he is alleged to have made as
he left the field.
One story leaked to Sportsmail last night was that Bellamy may have made audible comments in support of David Moyes in the wake of the touchline bust-up between the Everton manager and City boss Roberto Mancini towards the end of the Barclays Premier League match.
It is understood that Bellamy will be asked about this and that other City
players may be questioned about what they saw or heard.
Last night City would not comment. Bellamy fell out with Mancini over the Italian’s coaching methods in February. It is certainly not unusual for him to argue with opponents or team-mates after a game.
However, reports of this latest incident are known to have been serious enough to
prompt City to investigate.
The development came as City last night found themselves in an escalating row with Everton over a directors’ box disagreement between Eastlands chief executive Garry Cook and a guest of the Merseyside club’s official party.
Managers Mancini and Moyes could yet be charged with misconduct by the FA after
they clashed on the touchline in injury time. But it also emerged last night that a
rivalry that intensified when City pursued and signed defender Joleon Lescott
from Goodison Park in the summer spilled over in the directors’ box.
It is understood that Cook reacted angrily when he believed millionaire property director George Downing — a guest of an Everton director — was joining in with chants coming from the away end at the final whistle.
With Everton fans singing: ‘2-0 and we’ve spent **** all’, Cook turned round and told Downing to shut up. City allege that Downing’s language then became increasingly offensive while Everton claim that it was Cook who was on his feet spouting obscenities.

Look who wrote that piece and then decide if it is a loada bollox or not.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum