3-0 yes but we were crap.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 3-0 yes but we were crap.

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:12 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:We've never won 1-0 in the league under Mancini (Boro in the cup, sure).

The point was "boring football"over entertaining football....what do we want to see.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:18 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:We've never won 1-0 in the league under Mancini (Boro in the cup, sure).

The point was "boring football"over entertaining football....what do we want to see.

At the moment Results > Entertaining football.

Once Mancini has been here a few years, bought his OWN players, had even just ONE pre-season, and had time to build his own side then i would want both but i'm not deluded enough to expect that straight away.

What do you want Carl? You seem to want Mourinho here at any given cost so do you want boring football over entertaining football as that is what Mourinho will serve you for the WHOLE time he is here.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Oh I love goals Carl, Fucking Fantastico Gols yeah - that's well documented.
I just thought it was a quirk worth mentioning - half the people in the thread were citing 1-0 as our modus jaffacakeus.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:29 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Once Mancini has been here a few years, bought his OWN players, had even just ONE pre-season, and had time to build his own side then i would want both but i'm not deluded enough to expect that straight away.

What do you want Carl? You seem to want Mourinho here at any given cost so do you want boring football over entertaining football as that is what Mourinho will serve you for the WHOLE time he is here.

Dont fucking lie!!

This is what I said "I can understand people not liking Mourinho as he is too fucking high profile and arrogant for even me to actually "like" him but if Mancini does fail us then I cannot for the fucking life of me not understand the thinking from some city fans as to oppose his appointment."

I made a point about what fans would rather have..entertainment or boring football....many do not fucking care if the football is boring as long as we win...thats bolloks..and that was my point.

Heres a quote from Pep Guardiola..and he is bang on the money as its what fans want more than anything.

"We live in a world where everything is spiralling in cost and many people need to make a big sacrifice in order to go and watch a game of football.
"So for me it all makes sense, the effort, the work, the planning, the concentration and the discipline, if you do it for the people.
"The manner in which we play is a demonstration of the respect we have for the people who pay for a ticket or pay money to watch matches on television."

"The driving force behind Guardiola's style of play is the desire to entertain the fans.

We do this then maybe we wont see the fans fucking off with 15 minites to play.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Dont fucking lie!!

This is what I said "I can understand people not liking Mourinho as he is too fucking high profile and arrogant for even me to actually "like" him but if Mancini does fail us then I cannot for the fucking life of me not understand the thinking from some city fans as to oppose his appointment."

I made a point about what fans would rather have..entertainment or boring football....many do not fucking care if the football is boring as long as we win...thats bolloks..and that was my point.

Heres a quote from Pep Guardiola..and he is bang on the money as its what fans want more than anything.

"We live in a world where everything is spiralling in cost and many people need to make a big sacrifice in order to go and watch a game of football.
"So for me it all makes sense, the effort, the work, the planning, the concentration and the discipline, if you do it for the people.
"The manner in which we play is a demonstration of the respect we have for the people who pay for a ticket or pay money to watch matches on television."

"The driving force behind Guardiola's style of play is the desire to entertain the fans.

It's very easy for Guardiola to say that when he has Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, Ibrahimovich, Henry, Dani Alves ect in his side and not Nigel De Jong, Gareth Barry, Micah Richards, Patrick Vieria, Pablo Zabaleta don't you think?
the_georgian_genius

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Oh I love goals Carl, Fucking Fantastico Gols yeah - that's well documented.
I just thought it was a quirk worth mentioning - half the people in the thread were citing 1-0 as our modus jaffacakeus.

if you take a different angle on this.. as in:

Carlos, Ade, AJ, Bellers, SWP, Ireland, Petrov, Johnno and even Wiess, with a decent supply route are all capable of stunning goals and plenty of them. So really this should be a non-argument.
results > entertainment is obviously where we are. But next season if we can sort out the midfield to attack link with some new players or getting the set up right, then there is no reason not to believe that the attacking part of our game will not be entertaining imo.. even if Mancini turns out to be Jose in disguise.

point being that our stars are capable of attractive football if and when they all get settled down
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:41 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Dont fucking lie!!

It's very easy for Guardiola to say that when he has Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, Ibrahimovich, Henry, Dani Alves ect in his side and not Nigel De Jong, Gareth Barry, Micah Richards, Patrick Vieria, Pablo Zabaleta don't you think?

We have the personnel to entertain...we did against the scum..chelski..arsenal..and a few other games, so yes, we do have the personnel to entertain...the fact of the matter is we just..fucking.... dont do it often enough...do we? hence the stadium emptying 15 mins before full time (which is fucking embarrassing).
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:55 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We have the personnel to entertain...we did against the scum..chelski..arsenal..and a few other games, so yes, we do have the personnel to entertain...the fact of the matter is we just..fucking.... dont do it often enough...do we? hence the stadium emptying 15 mins before full time (which is fucking embarrassing).

Against the rags and Arsenal we were outplayed for the majority of the match. 6 of our 7 goals agianst they came against the run of play on the break.
the_georgian_genius

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We have the personnel to entertain...we did against the scum..chelski..arsenal..and a few other games, so yes, we do have the personnel to entertain...the fact of the matter is we just..fucking.... dont do it often enough...do we? hence the stadium emptying 15 mins before full time (which is fucking embarrassing).

Against the rags and Arsenal we were outplayed for the majority of the match. 6 of our 7 goals agianst they came against the run of play on the break.

WE ENTERTAINED.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

WE ENTERTAINED.

Do you want entertaining over results then at the present time?
the_georgian_genius

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:09 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:there are a lot of fans who are 'results' people. we got the win, job done.

THAT'S THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE GAME!?!?!?!

It sure as shit is NOT.

That is NOT why I follow football.

If that's all it is to you, text MCFC to 51034 and you'll get text updates, along with a final score. Job done.

The reason football generates so much income is because it is a fantastic source of entertainment.

And the teams and players that people drool over are the freeflowing, skillfull ones.

It is called the beautiful game, not the beautiful result.
Original Dub

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:12 pm

Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:there are a lot of fans who are 'results' people. we got the win, job done.

It sure as shit is NOT.

If that's all it is to you, text MCFC to 51034 and you'll get text updates, along with a final score. Job done.

The reason football generates so much income is because it is a fantastic source of entertainment.

And the teams and players that people drool over are the freeflowing, skillfull ones.

quality OD..

should be the end of that argument then...
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:13 pm

Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

It sure as shit is NOT.

and the beautiful game takes time, it's not as easy to just say "you lot, go out there and pass the ball around really nice" otherwise why wouldn't every team be doing that?
the_georgian_genius

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

It sure as shit is NOT.

and the beautiful game takes time, it's not as easy to just say "you lot, go out there and pass the ball around really nice" otherwise why wouldn't every team be doing that?

Because different managers have different styles.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:18 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

It sure as shit is NOT.

and different budgets....we should have no excuses to dish out dire performances.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby colonel_muck » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

It sure as shit is NOT.

couldn't agree more dub. reading that is like hearing myself speak.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

It sure as shit is NOT.

because of the players they have available at their disposal. If Sam Allardyce and Tony Pulis had the talent of Barca's side in their team they wouldn't play their shite football they currently use. They have to use that style as they can't afford 6 or 7 players who can play entertaining football.

I remember Bolton's side when they had Okotcha (sp?), Djorkieff (sp?), Speed, they played some good football that was entertaining to watch, he couldn't replace those players when they came to the end of their careers because he didn't have the money to.

Look at West Ham, they play nice entertaining football but it gets you nowhere if the players you have aren't good enough to use that style to get you results which is why they are 3rd from bottom and looking at going down.

Also if you knew anything about Mancini other than the 4 months he has been here you will know what style of football he loves and wants to play. Take a look at the Ibrahimovich interview on BBC Football Focus last month, he went on to say both Mancini and Mourinho were the same expect Mancini wanted to play and got Inter to play "beautiful football" whereas with Mourinho he wanted results and that was it.

it seems strange and hilairious that those who want Mourinho to replace Mancini is for the fact that Mancini isn't stylish enough.
the_georgian_genius

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:and different budgets....we should have no excuses to dish out dire performances.

If Mancini had spent £200m on on the players we have now then i would agree, but seeing as he has only brought in a 34 year old vertran on a free then the above statement from yourself is not fair on Mancini.
the_georgian_genius

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:33 pm

im sure you have all seen this, but watching games on tele in a pub at least, i notice a lot of rag fans who are obsessed with the results rather than anything else are the ones who are there in front of the TV but dont actually watch the football.. they are too busy yapping to some poor fucler and only bother to look at the tele when there is a 'whoah' from the crowd or whatever. They couldn't tell you what happened in the game apart from the goals and the result. Beats the sh*t out of me why they bother at all, when all they really want is to be able to blab to someone about the latest win.

Im sure not all results based fans are like that, but as OD says if anyone is that obsessed with just results they can get them via sms and save themselves the hassle of pretending to be interested in the football.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm reading this and wondering why is it down to either entertainment or resluts? Surely it's a mix of both?

If you don't entertain, it makes Jack a Boring supporter; if you don't win, then it makes Jack and Angry and Bitter supporter. Surely it's a blend of all things that will bring in the crowds. Tactics, skills, team performance, individual performances, goals and winning will keep us all interested one way or another, but take each one individually, then you're doomed to fail.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum