Mancini vs Hughes, Statistically

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini vs Hughes, Statistically

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:32 am

Awwwwwwww, isn't it cute. Looks like NQDP and MCFC1630 something are finally making up; we'll have to put the popcorn away now.

Can you both now stop talking about each other and get on with the serious stuff that is 'Man City'. Your handbags of late have had an adverse affect on my enjoyment of the board and I blame you for my upturn in posting absolute nonsense. IT'S ALL YOUR FAULTS!

PS. Love ya Man(s)!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby dazby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 am

They should both be banned. That NQDP has been a troublemaker for quite some time now. I'm sure that 1632 is his mate in the same room posting as soon as he does.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 am

dazby wrote:They should both be banned. That NQDP has been a troublemaker for quite some time now. I'm sure that 1632 is his mate in the same room posting as soon as he does.

Ahhhh, the mystery deepens dear Watson!

In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:30 am

I missed most of this thread as it was happening but it has been very entertaining. An inevitable end though.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I missed most of this thread as it was happening but it has been very entertaining. An inevitable end though.

I thought the statistics were quite booring as such but clearly show that we are making progress as far as the points tally goes.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby dazby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:55 am

It was actually a great premise for a thread. Unfortunately, because NQDP was the author it was always going to end like this.

The horror, oh the horror.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ian494 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Won't someone please think of the Children!!!
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:33 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I missed most of this thread as it was happening but it has been very entertaining. An inevitable end though.

I thought the statistics were quite booring as such but clearly show that we are making progress as far as the points tally goes.

I prefer to look at things other than stats to show progress or not and especially in that is how we play in games. We are making progress without doubt and the next run of games are ideal to prove the point.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Wow.

Well, it's fair to say we don't meet eye for an eye. Whoever chose YOU specifically to show me my rights and lead me to glorious path of righteousness..... I will never know..... nor do I want to know. We were doing just fine without your policing before you turned up.

But hopefully you've got it out of your system now. I'm not going to change, I can assure you that, no matter how wrong you think I am. I'm simply not that sort of person. I'm going to foe you now and hopefully you can find other things to concentrate on from now on.

Never thought that you would even think of changing - you take a lot of macho pride in the 'big I am' - thats cool - but in the opinions of others - those capable of self-assessment and adaptation of their behaviour are often seen as 'bigger'... but that is your choice

I thought you had already foed me anyway (or was that just more bullshit)?? –

Anyway, going forward I can give you confidence that you will not see posts from me about you - unless you continue to act in a self-obsessed, megalomania fashion.

...but - if you continue to be inconsistent - demonstrate double-standards - then (if only to prevent any lessening of you being a role model for fellow members) - you of course would expect to be pulled up for it

Meanwhile - I for one hope that the stats show a big plus in favour of Mancini - just because I am a CITY fan - not just because I need to justify previous campaigns
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Burt » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:04 pm

ronk wrote:Hughes had his weaknesses, we can all acknowledge that. He's also had his strengths. He mostly made good signings and was building a team. He worked hard in rebuilding the squad, staff and training methods from the ground up. He left the club a more professionally run operation than when he joined and it's not like Mancini has had to redo a lot of the building.

Mancini inherited a situation where there were many things that he did not need to change. He didn't need for example to work on the fitness of players, that was already excellent. Hughes was underachieving somewhat in areas where Mancini has improved, but Mancini certainly has had a lot to work with since he came in.

We always knew that Hughes was not an instant success man.

I just read a few posts from this thread and it really did entertain me at a time when I'm feeling lower than a snake's belly but I must protest on your comment on Leslie's signings being mostly good.

Crocky Santa Cruz was a disgraceful signing at that price and that was after Leslie stated that he wouldn't be held to ransom for any player just because we had all this dough. Lescott (who I really do think is a reasonably decent defender) was also a stupid price to pay. What about good ol Tel Ben Haim? What about Nige De Jong? Just for these players total price alone, we could have signed a couple of very, very, very good players like Benzema and Gerrard for instance, that would have been far more effective in our squad.

Just my thoughts, that's all mate.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:08 pm

ian494 wrote:Won't someone please think of the Children!!!

That was well worth a quote, nearly spat my Stella........nearly ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum