City must improve to take 4th

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City must improve to take 4th

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:25 pm

says our manager after that performance

maybe he wasn't watching the same game, after all we won and got three points for our efforts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 594237.stm
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: City must improve to take 4th

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:27 pm

He's bang on,weve been shit and need to step it up.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:35 pm

brite blu sky wrote:says our manager after that performance
maybe he wasn't watching the same game, after all we won and got three points for our efforts

I'm glad he recognises it as well.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:

Me too,if he had come out and done a we played well vibe interview i'd be very worried.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby gaudy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:40 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:

Lets hope he recognises Vieira aint what he used to be,and doesnt make the mistake of playin him again.
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:29 pm

gaudy wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

Lets hope he recognises Vieira aint what he used to be,and doesnt make the mistake of playin him again.

have a sneaky feeling that Bob doesn't see it that way.. and have a sneaky feeling we are going to continue to see Vieira for almost all of the remaining games. It was Patricks little scoop over the defenders that unlocked them for Tevez to score.
Was it worth having PV on for the whole game just for that? tbh it is a difficult call but i would go for no.
I think i trust Mancini to take Vieira off if he was the only player that was struggling in a game, but unfortunaltely i dont trust him to just not start the fucler in the first place.

There were also some justifications of the team selection from Mancini on the OS. saying basically he wanted to rest Barry so he is fresher for the remaining games and also because DeJong and Zabba are looking like they are gonna get bans..

Gareth Barry spent the evening on the bench, but Mancini explained that he wanted to give the England international some much-needed rest with one eye on the closing stages to the season, and another on other players who may have to serve a suspension before then.

"We rested Barry, he has played a lot this season and he needed rest with seven important games coming up. Pablo and Nigel were close to getting suspensions before tonight, so it was important to rest Gareth with that in mind."

Reading between the lines there, maybe he will now rest DeJong until the Derby... and the quote above shows his reasoning for playing DeJong last night. Starts to make a bit of sense to me.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:49 pm

brite blu sky wrote:There were also some justifications of the team selection from Mancini on the OS. saying basically he wanted to rest Barry so he is fresher for the remaining games and also because DeJong and Zabba are looking like they are gonna get bans..

Gareth Barry spent the evening on the bench, but Mancini explained that he wanted to give the England international some much-needed rest with one eye on the closing stages to the season, and another on other players who may have to serve a suspension before then.

"We rested Barry, he has played a lot this season and he needed rest with seven important games coming up. Pablo and Nigel were close to getting suspensions before tonight, so it was important to rest Gareth with that in mind."

Reading between the lines there, maybe he will now rest DeJong until the Derby... and the quote above shows his reasoning for playing DeJong last night. Starts to make a bit of sense to me.

I think you are right. I think his preferred midfield pairing is Barry & Vieira and we will see them together on Saturday.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:19 pm

well right or not there is also another angle that may influence DeJong's presence ( see the Zaba banned thread ) basically the cut off for getting a 10 card ban is after the Brum game, so if DeJong was left out for the next two games he would be safe from getting a ban ( apparently ) and so would be around for when he is needed more.. in the derby.. spurs.. arsenal etc
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:26 pm

I can't see any real improvements coming, so what we gotta do for 5th?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wooders » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:27 pm

I think a lot of players will face the axe this summer, mancini seems unimpressed
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:37 pm

gaudy wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

Who would you have played instead?
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby gaudy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:02 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
gaudy wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

Who would you have played instead?

myself,i can make a 5 yard pass!
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:43 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I can't see any real improvements coming, so what we gotta do for 5th?

Basically we need to beat Liverpool when they pay us a visit, and hope Torres breaks a nail for a few games.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I can't see any real improvements coming, so what we gotta do for 5th?

Basically we need to beat Liverpool when they pay us a visit, and hope Torres breaks a nail for a few games.

You're obviously joking there mate, the Dippers pay for nothing ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

You're obviously joking there mate, the Dippers pay for nothing ;-)

Quality, hahah.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Haz » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Dameerto wrote:Basically we need to beat Liverpool when they pay us a visit, and hope Torres breaks a nail for a few games.

We've already played Liverpool though?
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Haz wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Basically we need to beat Liverpool when they pay us a visit, and hope Torres breaks a nail for a few games.

You're right, for some bizarre reason I was getting the home games against Villa and Liverpool mixed up - thought we'd played Villa already and still had to play Liverpool.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Haz wrote:

You're right, for some bizarre reason I was getting the home games against Villa and Liverpool mixed up - thought we'd played Villa already and still had to play Liverpool.

Kin 'ell, this 'going for fourth' thingy is really getting to some people. Relax, we'll do it....
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Return to The Maine Football forum