Zaba picks up two-match ban

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Zaba picks up 2 match ban

Postby Haz » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 am

Pablo Zabaleta will miss City’s next two games after picking up his tenth booking of the season last night.

The Argentinean will be suspended for the visit to Burnley and the home date with Birmingham City after he received a yellow card for a foul on Hugo Rodallega in the second half.

His versatility has come to the fore in recent weeks, with stints at left and right back as well as in midfield, and is sure to be missed for these crucial fixtures.

Nigel de Jong is also one booking away from a two-game ban, but if he can get through the next two fixtures without receiving a yellow card he will have passed the threshold for suspensions for the latter part of the season.
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Re: Zaba picks up 2 match ban

Postby ruralblue » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:51 am

In the grand scheme of things we will look back and be thankfull he picked up that 10th yellow tonight rather than the Birmingham game.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby rick1894citizen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:54 am

Back in time to snap shrek in two then ;o)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby razor400 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:01 am

TBH I think it was intentional.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby ENIAM NAM » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:02 am

razor400 wrote:TBH I think it was intentional.

I agree. Not a bad 2 games for him to miss.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby OliverHardy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 am

you are talking abou this as if he is actually worth missing.
Zabaleta is garbage AND a liability, simply not good enough for a top 4 fight.
the sooner we get rid the better
plain and simple
OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:54 am

razor400 wrote:TBH I think it was intentional.

Sorry, I don't credit him with that intelligence. The body check was fucking Zabaleta's crass idiocy at his best.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:55 am

OliverHardy wrote:you are talking abou this as if he is actually worth missing.
Zabaleta is garbage AND a liability, simply not good enough for a top 4 fight.
the sooner we get rid the better
plain and simple

So who do you think is better?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby OliverHardy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Richards, he has his moments but he is the better right back on the whole, and isnt likely to leave us with 10 men after every other challenge
OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Mike J » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:10 pm

OliverHardy wrote:Richards, he has his moments but he is the better right back on the whole, and isnt likely to leave us with 10 men after every other challenge

i actually agree. i dont rate zabba. ive always been a fan of richards and i still believe he will come good again.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:19 pm

Mike J wrote:
OliverHardy wrote:Richards, he has his moments but he is the better right back on the whole, and isnt likely to leave us with 10 men after every other challenge

i actually agree. i dont rate zabba. ive always been a fan of richards and i still believe he will come good again.

There are too many on here who raved about the likes of Zabba and De Jong simply on the basis that they put good whole-hearted tackles in, often after running 10-20 yards with an angry look on their face. That they are usually then booked seems an irrelevance to most. It is the only thing we have at the club akin to the old school of players who we felt had a genuine affinity for the club and sweated blood for the club.

As a result of this type of player being so rare these days in the age of the mercenary, the quality of the player is often totally overlooked by the fact that it is seen that the player has heart, and thus city must be special to him.

Well actually, no, Zabba is a fair to middling utility player, but he is a dirty fucker, and often a liability. Had Richards sauntered back last night in the same manner as Zabba, there would be thread after thread today - because Zabba did it time after time, but instead silence.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Mike J » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:23 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Mike J wrote:

There are too many on here who raved about the likes of Zabba and De Jong simply on the basis that they put good whole-hearted tackles in, often after running 10-20 yards with an angry look on their face. That they are usually then booked seems an irrelevance to most. It is the only thing we have at the club akin to the old school of players who we felt had a genuine affinity for the club and sweated blood for the club.

As a result of this type of player being so rare these days in the age of the mercenary, the quality of the player is often totally overlooked by the fact that it is seen that the player has heart, and thus city must be special to him.

Well actually, no, Zabba is a fair to middling utility player, but he is a dirty fucker, and often a liability. Had Richards sauntered back last night in the same manner as Zabba, there would be thread after thread today - because Zabba did it time after time, but instead silence.

i agree that micah would have been slated.

its just a personal opinon. i think micah is quicker, stronger, better going forward and better in the air than zabba. he does need to improve his touch and distribution ALOT though. i really would like to see us stick by him but i expect a full back to come in during the summer.

for me zabba would be no more than a useful squad player.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Zaba picks up two-match ban

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:55 pm

Pablo Zabaleta will miss City’s next two games after picking up his tenth booking of the season last night.

The Argentinean will be suspended for the visit to Burnley and the home date with Birmingham City after he received a yellow card for a foul on Hugo Rodallega in the second half.

His versatility has come to the fore in recent weeks, with stints at left and right back as well as in midfield, and is sure to be missed for these crucial fixtures.

Nigel de Jong is also one booking away from a two-game ban, but if he can get through the next two fixtures without receiving a yellow card he will have passed the threshold for suspensions for the latter part of the season.

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Zaba picks up two-match ban

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:59 pm

not a suprise, he gets booked EVERY game for the standard done for pace, hes on the turn an brings him down.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:

mcfc.co.uk

We will miss Zabba........I dont fucking care about NDJ pending suspension...it might be a godsend as Ireland might just discover his missing form.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:33 pm

anyone know if that still applies even if DeJong doesn't play the next two games?

also i was wondering if we actually missed Barry last night.. anyone else?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:37 pm

brite blu sky wrote:

anyone know if that still applies even if DeJong doesn't play the next two games?

Yeah i think it still applies even if he don't play.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:55 pm

brite blu sky wrote:

that would useful tbh.. lets hope Bob rests him for the next two ( where we dont need him anyway ) and then he is in the clear for the heavier games like the derby
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:01 pm

brite blu sky wrote:

After the next 2 games is the cut-off point for 10 bookings. In the clear after that.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:07 pm

john@staustell wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

After the next 2 games is the cut-off point for 10 bookings. In the clear after that.

don't think i didn't see that staustell.. ;)
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum