City Fan Dies After Last Night's Match?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City Fan Dies After Last Night's Match?

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:59 am

It wasnt at the back of the stand to the right of south stand was it? (rubbish with the names) RIP fella
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby colonel_muck » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:11 pm

no it was outside the ground near the merc garage after the game still can't find the story anywhere
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Twobob » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:32 pm

RIP - Very very sad, thoughts go out to his family and friends!

Must have been a bad night, my missus saw one person collapse in the Kippax too before the game
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby SORTED » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:53 pm

Very sad news, especially given, by all accounts, he wasn't that old. Thoughts are with his loved ones.

SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:49 am

Some years ago, whilst leaving Maine Road, an elderly gent collapsed in front of my cab on Yew Tree Road. He was rished to the Royal Infirmary and when I phoned the following day his wife told me he had survived a massive heart attack.
During t5he FA Cup derby at the swamp, when the ref awarded that penalty for no reason, I went totally ape and completely lost it in temper. Later that evening, I collapsed and spent three days in Tameside Hospital. I wondered if the game had caused it.

It got me thinking that football and particularly City is an emotional pastime and I wondered if being an emotional fan added significantly to the danger of cardiac problems.
Whilst doing my own cardiac rehab at an NHS gym in Heywood I read an article of a study done in Germany during the 1970 World Cup. The results showed that there was a significant rise in cardiac arrests shortly after games when Germany had performed badly or the game had been more tense.
It would be interesting to see the results if any similar research has been done in this country.

I am saddened by the death of a City fan and I offer my condolences to his family.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:28 am

RIP
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum