Haha

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Haha

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:37 pm

was in a lift with three rags today. should have seen their faces when i brought up the subject of April 17th.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
pears12 wrote:
dazby wrote:
sandman wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:his nuts?

his head is wrong though.

My head is right, i'm 100% city, I dont relax my opinions to suit my agenda.

Club before country, the way it should be.

Country before club, every time. Doing it for your country is the highest honour achievable.

I agree I would be far happier seeing Australia win the World Cup than us winning the premier league.. seeing cahill and kewell lifting the cup would be best thing in football for me

for the love of jesus lads...

it's club before country - that should be a given - but country still matters.

top rags hate england though - wankers.

Of course CITY comes before country - cannot believe any CITY fans think otherwise
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby sandman » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:35 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
pears12 wrote:
dazby wrote:
sandman wrote:My head is right, i'm 100% city, I dont relax my opinions to suit my agenda.

Club before country, the way it should be.

Country before club, every time. Doing it for your country is the highest honour achievable.

I agree I would be far happier seeing Australia win the World Cup than us winning the premier league.. seeing cahill and kewell lifting the cup would be best thing in football for me

for the love of jesus lads...

it's club before country - that should be a given - but country still matters.

top rags hate england though - wankers.

Of course CITY comes before country - cannot believe any CITY fans think otherwise

I'm so glad there are a few other sensible people out there, I couldnt believe that people hold England in such high regard.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby 13021J » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:25 pm

Surely nobody could hold England's success before City's? I would rather City won the League Cup than England won the World Cup, EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK!
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:44 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:Of course CITY comes before country - cannot believe any CITY fans think otherwise

sandman wrote:I'm so glad there are a few other sensible people out there, I couldnt believe that people hold England in such high regard.

13021J wrote:Surely nobody could hold England's success before City's? I would rather City won the League Cup than England won the World Cup, EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK!

Please explain. I want to know why you think everyone else should have to agree with you.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby 13021J » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:Of course CITY comes before country - cannot believe any CITY fans think otherwise

sandman wrote:I'm so glad there are a few other sensible people out there, I couldnt believe that people hold England in such high regard.

13021J wrote:Surely nobody could hold England's success before City's? I would rather City won the League Cup than England won the World Cup, EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK!

Please explain. I want to know why you think everyone else should have to agree with you.

If Im discussing with mates at the pub who we all support, if someone says "England", I simply cannot trust them. I was brought up watching City, yes, I cried when Waddle ballooned his spot kick over the bar at Italia '90, but City plays an important tole in my life for 9 months a year, costs me hundreds of pounds and makes me feel part of a big tribe. For somebody not to feel the same empathy to a football club, and instead prioritise a natioanl team seems perverse.

But that is only my opinion and I welcome the thoughts of others.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Blue in the face » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:06 pm

What does it matter if he doesnt play in the world cup? You didnt need him in 66.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby dazby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:12 am

As a kid, do you dream of #laying for your club or your country? If it's club, you are selling yourself short. #laying for your country is the highest honour attainable.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby sandman » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:02 am

dazby wrote:As a kid, do you dream of #laying for your club or your country? If it's club, you are selling yourself short. #laying for your country is the highest honour attainable.

My god I always dreamt of playing for City, I never once remember even contemplating England, i'd just have loved to play at Maine Rd..
sandman

Postby ant london » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:04 am

dazby wrote:As a kid, do you dream of #laying for your club or your country? If it's club, you are selling yourself short. #laying for your country is the highest honour attainable.

I'd be more excited about playing for City....100000% more excited
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby dazby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:11 am

Really? Wow.

And there my friends is a cultural difference between our great nations.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:52 am

ant london wrote:

I'd be more excited about playing for City....100000% more excited

Definitely agree. In fact, I'd probably be more excited for playing ANY top side regularily than playing for my country. Besides, play well for your team and you'd get in National side anyway.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby pears12 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:18 am

Once the player steps onto the field I completely forget who they playing club wise..I mean my favourite Australian player of the 1990s played for the rags, chelsea and aston villa, all clubs i really don't like.. also my best moment as football supporter is being in sydney in 2005 to see Australia beat Uruguay to make the wc.. i don't think i could get same with a club
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum