Four home games left

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Four home games left

Postby gillie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:28 pm

How many points do you think we will get?.I think we can garner maximum points + 4 away and that takes us to an unassailiable 74pts and 4th place qualification for CL next season.Thoughts.
Sorry its late and my usually impeccable maths is out by 2 its only 72pts but still enough imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Four home games left

Postby dazby » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:55 am

I reckon we'll get 13 points.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:00 am

Hard to say because three of them are United, Spurs and Villa. I think we will win with Birmingham and Villa, draw/lose with United, and draw/win with Tottenham, so imho it goes from ten (best scenario) to seven (worst scenario) points in those four home games. But we know what happened with Everton, and to be honest that could very well happen again with Spurs, fucking our whole CL run.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby rick1894citizen » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:53 am

I reckon 15pts by beating Burnley, Brum, Villa and Spuds and drawing against Scum, Arse and WHU.

Also think that would be enough as Spuds will drop 9-12pts and liverpool wont win all of there 6.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wooders » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:10 am

we've gotta win all our home games basically, SHOW NO FEAR
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:56 am

i rekon to offer any reasonable analysis of our chances in the remaining games you have to wait till nearer the time of each game. As last nights CL game shows, the Derby game now has a slightly different look about it with the possibility that Rooney may be out of it. But having said that as it stands now and assuming we can win each and everyone of the home matches..

11/04 Brum - are without Joe for i think the first time this season, that will give us a slight edge if we had needed it, as im sure him missing will effect their defenders mind set.
17/04 Them - obviously anything can happen, but no Rooney and defeats to Chelsea and Bayern would set this up nicely.
01/05 Villa - will more than likely have completely crumbled by this time.
05/05 Spuds - lets face it no-one has got a clue about this, but i think that Bobby will take this so fuclin seriously he will set us up to not get beat and as they are not an Everton style team he knows what he is doing imo.

2 wins defo
2 wins and 2 draws possible and not a disaster
2 wins and 2 losses nah not going there
3 wins and 1 draw sounds like the most probable to me
4 wins not out of the realms of possibility by any means, but we would have to be on top form and without key injuries
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Crossie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:39 pm

70 points should nail 4th

14 points

4 wins at home, 2 draws away. Dont think we will beat scum at home, but we can beat Burnley away instead.

It really means that the Brum, Villa, Spuds games were where our challenge for 4th will be won or lost.

The fact that we fucked up against Sunderland and especially Everton will probably have cost us 4th.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Return to The Maine Football forum