Vieira must improve.. Mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Vieira must improve.. Mancini

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:19 am

MEN reporting that Bob has told Patrick to up his game.

So he has noticed then.. or is he just reading the forums ;)

seriously though, it is good to hear this stuff from Mancini, seems like he is getting frustrated with them after the Wigan performance, and rightly so as a lot of us on here agreed. It is good that Bob is saying this stuff though and not just coming out with the usual guff that managers often do.

i wonder how long he will give Vieira then to buck up?

and if he doesn't improve who is Bob going to throw in?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1202267_mancini_issues_vieira_challenge
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Vieira must improve.. Mancini

Postby TrueBlue82 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:36 am

agreed, good to hear bobby come out and say it, thank god its just a 6 month loan for Vieira. he just looks so slow and off the pace, which may be ok in italian football but not in the prem.
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby john@staustell » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:44 am

Well it´s fairly plain for all to see, and Bobby isn´t stupid.

But as I said in the Vieira thread the idea of him is that he was the best available to give respite to Barry and DeJong, both of whom are in severe danger of suspension and Barry of injury (Nigel is made of iron of course).

If Vieira doesn´t buck up a bit we will have no CM cover at all, and with that will go 4th place, maybe in the course of just one match.

So there is no alternative, he has to get with it!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 am

brite blu sky wrote:MEN reporting that Bob has told Patrick to up his game.

seriously though, it is good to hear this stuff from Mancini, seems like he is getting frustrated with them after the Wigan performance, and rightly so as a lot of us on here agreed. It is good that Bob is saying this stuff though and not just coming out with the usual guff that managers often do.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1202267_mancini_issues_vieira_challenge

He was noticeably frustrated at Vieira keep losing the ball and play passing him by. After one particularly bad pass he was really pissed off and turned right round to order Barry to get stripped off ready. I found it curious that he didnt drag him, as he didnt do anything especially noticeable immediately that would have changed Mancio's mind.

However it has given Barry a good rest and we won the game so suppose it was a good move not bringing him on.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby john@staustell » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:52 am

johnpb78 wrote:

He was noticeably frustrated at Vieira keep losing the ball and play passing him by. After one particularly bad pass he was really pissed off and turned right round to order Barry to get stripped off ready. I found it curious that he didnt drag him, as he didnt do anything especially noticeable immediately that would have changed Mancio's mind.

However it has given Barry a good rest and we won the game so suppose it was a good move not bringing him on.

If we´d gone a goal down he would´ve been hooked so fast it would´ve been the fastest he´d moved all evening.

A manager lives and dies by his results, so Bobby lives after a 3-0 home win. Hughes died after creating umpteen million chances, wonderful breathtaking attacking at times, missing most of the chances and then letting in a couple of sloppy goals. But then that´s another thread!!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:08 pm

well i suppose by stating this in public he really is throwing the gauntlet down to Patrick..

Mancini must know that he looks to lack pace.. so really Bobby is saying ' right lad, you have got to get out there and behave like a man possessed whatever the consequences for your body.. if you are going to get something out of the end of your career and have a chance to go to the WC '

if we started games like we meant it... in theory we can be 2-0 up and he can go and sit down and let DeJong run around like an idiot. Im sure Patrick can still put 20-30 min shift in at full speed if that is all he has to do each game.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby dazby » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:09 pm

are you sure he didn't say " Vhero must im#rove?" I'd check that story and get back to us.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:18 pm

dazby wrote:are you sure he didn't say " Vhero must im#rove?" I'd check that story and get back to us.

First "x" now obviously "p". How about forking all of tenner for new keyboard. It will be the best tenner you'll ever spend.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:31 pm

I reckon Mancini is probably even less impressed with Vieira's performances so far than we are. I think he expected A LOT MORE from his old buddy.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Vhero » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:37 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 11,00.html SSN obviously got wind of this now but if Mancini saw how badly he was playing why didn't he replace him in the match??? And thanks for the support Dazby :(.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:50 pm

Mancini is telling Vieira what a huge number of us already think. Shape up or piss off.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:57 pm

If he makes it to the World Cup then France must be shite
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby stockportblue » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:51 pm

Maybe given Mancinis english everybody has misinterpreted the managers comments!!
stockportblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: stephen ireland

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:27 pm

craigmcfc wrote:If he makes it to the World Cup then France must be shite

This.. At least Mancini has finally noticed what all of us have been saying for weeks now.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:44 pm

Given that Micah will come in for Zab, surely Barry should return but does Ned into the back 4 and Kompo replacing Vieira in midfield do it as well?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:02 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

Given that Micah will come in for Zab, surely Barry should return but does Ned into the back 4 and Kompo replacing Vieira in midfield do it as well?

good question and i had thought of Kompany getting the move back into the midfield. The worry with that would be we then lose the one person who seems to have held the defence together half the time.
How long is Lescott out for? if he was back, then Vince could go to midfield without too much disruption at the back i suppose. The other thought though was that Komps would just be another defensive mid.. so not really solving the creative mid role.

If Ireland cant even produce a half level of performance if Vieira gets dumped, then wtf.. we will have a mini crisis on our hands.. id even try Tevez there.. and stick RSC with Ade up front.
At least Tevez would get stuck in, actaully run forward with the ball and probably be able to pass it just as well as anyone else we have.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:37 pm

Funny old game. Everyone knew Pat's legs had completely gone when we bought him. No way was he going to the world cup except in his fantasies. Obviously mancini knew but he thought that for nowt Vieira might add a bit of nouse, guile and grit, a bit like Hamman did despite being unable to run.Problem is, we have even fewer options in MF than it looked in January with Stephen missing in action, zab banned, Vince needed in defence, Silvinio even slower than thought and the kids not good enough. A right old mess and there is no doubt it could cost us fourth unless Bob comes up with a creative answer. I doubt its playing our only goalscorer in MF. Shame Shaun's form is so shit, he had a good spell as a makeshift MF under Mourinio.Wonder if Toure could push up and be replaced by Ned. He was a MF when first at Arse and has got pace and ability on the ball?
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby bluegray » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:29 am

What we are lacking in midfield is pace and mobility. I would swap Toure for Ned and stick Toure in midfield. That would solve the two main problems plus give him a free rein to go forward. He can beat a man and that is something else not one of our midfielders can do.
bluegray
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:35 am

bluegray wrote:What we are lacking in midfield is pace and mobility. I would swap Toure for Ned and stick Toure in midfield. That would solve the two main problems plus give him a free rein to go forward. He can beat a man and that is something else not one of our midfielders can do.

good plan that, Mancio make a note!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:45 am

It should be obvious to everyone that Vieira's legs have gone but he still plays a lot of great, quick, one touch forward passes & tries to get on the ball much more than Ireland does. It's unfair to criticise him when he's being asked to do a job he's clearly incapable of doing imo. If we're going to play him, he needs protection.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum