sitting in the 3rd tier for the derby

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

sitting in the 3rd tier for the derby

Postby city9_4eva » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:39 pm

When i go to city games i usually get myself in the south stand, next to the away fans or just the other side of the away fans, purely for the banter and the noise generated in this eare of the stadium. For the derby, ive managed to get 2 tickets but in the 3rd tier, who else is sitting in the third tier east stand, and when ive sat there before the atmosphere is dead, but with it being the derby can i expect it to be buzzin even up in the heavens? as like many of you i love to sing at the top of my voice!
city9_4eva
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Re: sitting in the 3rd tier for the derby

Postby john68 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:34 pm

Don't be getting yerself all excited about the derby atmosphere up there.
Last season i was disgusted at the way so many just sat and seemed to accept defeat.
Blue man dan and i tried several times to get a reaction from the crowd with chants and songs. The only reaction we got was funny stares....and Dan was asked not to sing the Tevez song.
On the way back from half time, I stood on the steps at the front facing the crowd and tried to get them going...The zombies just smiled at me....But no fucker made any noise.

I also think there were a few rags up there...staying quiet and trying to be invisible.
I think the club should replace the seats with gravestones....It was that sort of place.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:32 pm

john68 wrote:Don't be getting yerself all excited about the derby atmosphere up there.
Last season i was disgusted at the way so many just sat and seemed to accept defeat.
Blue man dan and i tried several times to get a reaction from the crowd with chants and songs. The only reaction we got was funny stares....and Dan was asked not to sing the Tevez song.
On the way back from half time, I stood on the steps at the front facing the crowd and tried to get them going...The zombies just smiled at me....But no fucker made any noise.

I also think there were a few rags up there...staying quiet and trying to be invisible.
I think the club should replace the seats with gravestones....It was that sort of place.

im not the only one.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm in the 3rd tier Colin Bell next to the SS and fuckin' love it. No mongs but plaenty of songs..................oh, and still got my eyesight so can see all the game!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:29 pm

Different sections of the Ground for different types of Fans. It's the same wherever you go.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Twobob » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:13 pm

For the CC Semi the ticket office fooked up my tickets and didnt give us our season ticket seats in 102, ended up in the 3rd tier ... not much atmosphere up there
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby HeyMark » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:57 pm

I wouldnt care where I was sitting as long as I got to see the match
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:18 pm

I sit in 326, opposite the halfway line.

bring a flask and a travel blanket, or we'll know you're an imposter trying to stoke up an atmosphere. Bah!

really, it's not that bad on Derby day, but is for most of the season. I used to sit in 324 and literally, in a game against Fulham under Pearce, one guy actually fell asleep. Snoring and all. Never seen owt like it!
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby city9_4eva » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:52 pm

I was thinking that it would'nt be that bad on derby day, yeah i am gratefull that im going to the game, and cant wait! i was jus getting an insight to what it was like up in the 3rd tier on derby day, im in 308 east stand so more in the corner! so its above the away fans in the south stand so the atmosphere im hoping, fingers crossed will be electric...... and ill be there along with anyone else who wants to help me in block 308 3rd tier getting the atmosphere buzzin i wont stop all game!
city9_4eva

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:12 pm

Here's an idea: Go, and fucking enjoy it. Create your own atmosphere if that's what you're in to.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby city9_4eva » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 pm

wow, I often come on ere and see a lot of times people at each others throats after games or on various other topics. I don't see why people get like this, i was only askin wot it was like. were all city fans i would never have a go at a felow blue!
city9_4eva

Postby Nick » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:53 pm

john68 wrote:Don't be getting yerself all excited about the derby atmosphere up there.

sounds like tier 2 colin bell on monday. After the second goal i managed to get a tevez chant from one young lad by turning round and g'ing them up.

Even Zaba has to try and get the crowd going these days!!!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby city9_4eva » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:57 pm

I like the new Zaba song....
1 Zaba 2 Zaba 3 Zaba leta!
4 Zaba 5 Zaba 6 Zaba leta!
7 Zaba 8 Zaba 9 Zaba leta!
HEEYYY! Zabaleta!!!!
city9_4eva

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:14 pm

I was in the third tire for the Chelsea game in December, and the atmosphere was actually quite OK. But us playing great, beating Chelsea in a very good and exciting game of course helped.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I'm in the 3rd tier Colin Bell next to the SS and fuckin' love it. No mongs but plaenty of songs..................oh, and still got my eyesight so can see all the game!

I was up there for the Derby where fowler scored in front of the rags, was a decent atmosphere.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby bluechester » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:18 pm

im also in the 3rd teir, usually in the first teir, but 6 of us sat together, will be having of few beeers first so reckon we will atleast be shouting our heads offf ha ha
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Dont worry it will be cool,this Derby is easily as big as the Carling Cup game in fact probably bigger.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby spiv » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:05 am

city9_4eva wrote:wow, I often come on ere and see a lot of times people at each others throats after games or on various other topics. I don't see why people get like this, i was only askin wot it was like. were all city fans i would never have a go at a felow blue!

You really do have to come on here more often then and get the digs in first especially when we lose. ;)
Third tier aint that bad, trust me i sat there once.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Return to The Maine Football forum