Carlos Tevez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Carlos Tevez

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:44 pm

tried to search for a recent thread.. nada, so sorry if there is one.

In the fall out from the performance v Wigan we seemed to miss a celebration of Carlos.

one of the fastest hat tricks in PL..

19 league goals in 28 appearances.. 2 in 3. roughly

if you quietly ignore the early season where he was unfit and take his stats since the Chelsea game he is on about
17 goals in 16 league games.

I dont think we could ask any more of this guy than that.. absolutely brilliant.

I really hope for him that he can maintain this from for the last 6 games.. if he bagged 6 goals he would have 25

Not sure who our record holder is for most goals scored in the Premier League.. anyone?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Carlos Tevez

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:30 pm

One done mate,good post all the same.Fast becoming a city legend.

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31367
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:09 am

am out the door... just a few specks of dust left that are not even mine..

thanks anyway G&B
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:52 am

I would think Anelka's 17 league goals in the 2003/04 season would have been our current record(till this season), I think he got 27 overall that season as well. So Carlos should easily pass that by based on his current rate of scoring.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:01 am

Slim wrote:I would think Anelka's 17 league goals in the 2003/04 season would have been our current record(till this season), I think he got 27 overall that season as well. So Carlos should easily pass that by based on his current rate of scoring.

I had it in my head it was 23 goals, but I'm not sure.

One way or the other, I wouldn't rule out Tevez becoming one of the world's best next season, let alone one of City's!
Original Dub

Postby CityGer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:26 am

Brilliant player with a fantastic attitude and someone we should build our team around. This guy is our talisman and will lead the City revolution. Love him to bits.

You get lots of players with hunger and a good attitude who'll work all day long for you, they're ten a penny, the difference with Carlos is that he has the quality to back it up and he wins games.

An absolute bargain.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: us

Postby s1ty m » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:57 am

David White possibly holds the record for us. He and Quinny had a stormer of a season.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Would be a regular in any City team I've ever seen on current form. If he only scored 10 goals a season he'd still be a top player imo.

Amazing to think that Maradona will have the luxury of naming him & Messi in the same team but will still probably fuck up Argentina's chances of winning the world cup.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Would be a regular in any City team I've ever seen on current form. If he only scored 10 goals a season he'd still be a top player imo.

Amazing to think that Maradona will have the luxury of naming him & Messi in the same team but will still probably fuck up Argentina's chances of winning the world cup.

I know everyone's banking on Maradonna to fuck up argentina's chances, but I'm putting a sly 50 on them to win it.

Up front - Aguero, Messi, Higuain and Tevez. That must be the best four international attacking options?
Original Dub

Postby CityGer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Would be a regular in any City team I've ever seen on current form. If he only scored 10 goals a season he'd still be a top player imo.

I know everyone's banking on Maradonna to fuck up argentina's chances, but I'm putting a sly 50 on them to win it.

Up front - Aguero, Messi, Higuain and Tevez. That must be the best four international attacking options?

I'll raise you Heskey, Crouch, Defoe and Shreck............

Seriously, it's a class group of forwards for him to pick from. Who needs a target man when you have all that skill and goal scoring potential? They're well served all across the park and with some tactical competence in charge they would do well. However, Your £50 is wasted with Maradona at the helm.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Crossie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:19 pm

With Maradonna in charge they probably wont get through the group stages, although Id love to see Carlos win the golden boot.

They have Tevez and Messi, Insua, Colicinni, Zabs maybe, but not many more house hold names. Used about 44 players in 4 games if i remember correctly!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:28 pm

i am also going for them as best wildcard to win.

Maradonna will fucl it up, but they will still do an italy and scrape through the group.. play crap in the next game but jink through and then the players will just take matters into their own hands and ignore Maradonna completely ;)
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Crossie wrote:With Maradonna in charge they probably wont get through the group stages, although Id love to see Carlos win the golden boot.

They have Tevez and Messi, Insua, Colicinni, Zabs maybe, but not many more house hold names. Used about 44 players in 4 games if i remember correctly!

Milito, Mascherano, Dimichaelis, Higuian.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:58 pm

CityGer wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Seriously, it's a class group of forwards for him to pick from. Who needs a target man when you have all that skill and goal scoring potential? They're well served all across the park and with some tactical competence in charge they would do well. However, Your £50 is wasted with Maradona at the helm.

They have quality options all over the pitch but he'll probably pick those geezers from newcastle in a 3-1-6 formation with Messi as an attacking centre back.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby s1ty m » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:01 pm

is juan roman riquelme still around...slow but superb on his day.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m

Postby CityGer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
CityGer wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

They have quality options all over the pitch but he'll probably pick those geezers from newcastle in a 3-1-6 formation with Messi as an attacking centre back.

And 46 year old Martin Palermo......
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Vhero » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Never worth 25 million ;). Would rather have Berbatov. *ehem* Back in REALITY I agree we should build our team around him next season as he has done an excellsnt job this season.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:51 pm

dont you rekon that the reason he has done so much better this season is that we have let him play as he wants, where as the gum chewin cunt never seemed to let him do that as far as i could tell from what games i saw. Have mentioned this to rag fans who have watched plenty of City games and they tend to agree that it was their own fault they didnt get more out of him.

If we can find an attacking mid or a way of playing that would link up and support Carlos more then.. shit the sky is the limit
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Return to The Maine Football forum