Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:55 am

CITY BOLLOX
The agent of Sven Goran Eriksson says Manchester City would be in a better position today if the Swede was still in charge.
Athole Still said that Eriksson had lost money at Notts County and insisted that former City owner Thaksin Shinawatra had made "a massive mistake" in sacking the Swede.
"If Sven was still at Manchester City I believe that Manchester City would be doing even better than they are doing now," said Still.
"As far as I'm concerned Manchester City made a massive mistake in sacking him. It wasn't Manchester City, it was a person called Dr Shinawatra.
"I hope very much he is back in the Premier League and if he comes back he will do an extremely good job like he did at Manchester City until he was outrageously sacked."

NEW Shakers starlet James Poole is hoping to bring a little bit of Manchester City magic down to Gigg Lane.
The 20-year-old winger, who has moved from Eastlands on loan until the end of the season, has spent a lot of time working with the likes of Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor and Craig Bellamy in training — and hopes he has picked up a trick or two along the way.
“It is tough to get in the team at City ahead of players like Adebayor, Tevez and Bellamy but the way I look at it is that working with players like that will only improve me,” said Poole, who made a lively appearance from the bench in Saturday’s 2-1 defeat against Aldershot.
“Hopefully, if I have learned anything from them I can pass it on to the players here.
“I have just signed a new one-year contract at City, which gives me a bit of comfort, but I can’t rest on my laurels and I have to keep working hard.
“City told me to come and play here and I should gain some invaluable experience from it.
“Before I was at City, I was at Macclesfield Town as a 15-year-old so I kind of knew what to expect from League Two.”
Poole made his senior debut when he came off the bench on Saturday and he actually found the net — only to see a dream start dashed by the linesman flagging for offside.
Manager Alan Knill may have seen enough to be persuaded to hand the youngster his first start at Notts County on Saturday. It promises to be a thrilling encounter with both sides gunning for promotion to League One and Poole believes the home side may crumble under the tags of heavy favourites.
“The final eight games are massive for us now — starting with Notts County away,” he said. “We couldn’t have a tougher game but if we are going to go up we have to produce in games like that.
“It’s great for me to come from reserve team football to games like this and that is the whole point of coming to the club. It is completely different to what I am used to and Bury are a good team to come to. I hope I can help them get back on track and get promoted.
“I think all the pressure is on Notts County to win at the weekend and with pressure comes mistakes, so hopefully we can capitalise on that.”

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Arsenal are favourites to sign Italian under-21 international Mario Balotelli from Internazionale, after the 19-year-old's agent ruled out a move for the £15m-valued striker to Inter's local rivals AC Milan. Caughtoffside.com

The Gunners are also chasing Real Zaragoza midfielder Ander Herrera and are mulling over the Spanish side's £7m vaulation of the 20-year-old. The Sun

Chelsea want to sign Everton pair Steven Pienaar and Jack Rodwell, and will undertake a summer clear-out to raise funds for the transfers. Caughtoffside.com

Wigan will let in-form winger Charles N'Zogbia leave the club in the summer if one of the Premier League's big guns comes calling, according to Latics manager Roberto Martinez. Daily Mail

Manchester United will turn down Bolton's and Birmingham's requests to sign winger Tom Cleverley on loan. (Daily Star)

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.football.virginmedia.com/pag ... 60,00.html

OTHER BOLLOX
Wayne Rooney will be fit for the World Cup after suffering a suspected 'grade one' ligament tear in Manchester United's Champions League first leg defeat to Bayern Munich. The striker is expected to be out for between three and four weeks. Daily Mail

Didier Drogba is a major doubt for Chelsea's top-of-the-table Premier League showdown against United on Saturday after sitting out the last two days of the Blues' training with a knock. Daily Mail

Liverpool boss manager Rafa Benitez has not ruled out Alberto Aquilani missing the rest of the season as he waits to learn the full extent of the Italian's ankle injury. Daily Mail

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson is on the shortlist to succeed Tony Mowbray as the new boss of Celtic. Daily Mail

The Football League's bottom side, Darlington, are poised to name former Barnsley boss Simon Davey as their new manager. Daily Mail

Chelsea midfielder Florent Malouda has told Manchester United how to stop Blues striker Didier Drogba - make him laugh. "That's the best way to defend against him," said Malouda, ahead of the sides' crucial Premier League match on Saturday. (The Sun) The Sun

Vintage Kit Bollox
Burnley marketing director Flora Spoils has announced the club plan to issue their 2010-11 home retro kit
http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/page ... 32,00.html
Last edited by Chinners on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:21 am

LAHAD will be happy to learn that Sven's sacking really got under his skin.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:25 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:LAHAD will be happy to learn that Sven's sacking really got under his skin.

I wish i could get in Sven's sacked cash rich skin for a couple of days.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:00 pm

Nice April fool from Burnley with the kit, though the proper version doesn't look much better !
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum