Ibrahimovic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ibrahimovic

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:10 am

Personally think him and the Rich Mans Dickov is a scary thought up top, could be our deadly strike force, whats everyone else think to the lad?
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Re: Ibrahimovic

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:12 am

I think whoever signs Ibrahimovic for the Premier - for huge money - will be taking a gamble.

He will either be brilliant, or a total unadulterated flop.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Fish111 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:14 am

john@staustell wrote:I think whoever signs Ibrahimovic for the Premier - for huge money - will be taking a gamble.

I think the latter, he is being made to look good in a brilliant team. He would struggle over here.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:17 am

hes even lazier than Ade and comes across as a wanker, still his skill for his size is unrivaled.
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Beeks » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:17 am

For some reason he looks like he could play for the spuds...he has that 'look'
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:19 am

john@staustell wrote:I think whoever signs Ibrahimovic for the Premier - for huge money - will be taking a gamble.

[highlight]He will either be brilliant, or a total unadulterated flop.[/highlight]

Those are the exact options. And I'm fairly sure he'd be the latter. Ibrahimovic is absolute egoistical nutjob. Perfect centerforward but a nutjob. He doesn't think he should be working as "Zlatan is there to win games, not do dirty work" (he regularily speaks of himself in third person). So I don't think he'd do it in England in fast paced game.

Oh, and I seem to remember him once saying that "England is not place for Zlatan", so it's long shot anyway.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:30 am

So none of you watched him show he has a true footballing brain? Not many could have executed that lob on Almunia, though it was Robinho-esque
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:32 am

BoltFromTheBlue wrote:So none of you watched him show he has a true footballing brain? Not many could have executed that lob on Almunia, though it was Robinho-esque

Think you said more than you meant there.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Zezou » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:53 am

Fish111 wrote:

I think the latter, he is being made to look good in a brilliant team. He would struggle over here.

he has been class for every club he's played for!!! would be awesome in the prem... i was thinking last night whilst watching the game
that even tho i like ade, ibrahimovic is miles ahead of him, just shows the difference between good players and world class players
Zezou
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:58 am

In the 1st half he was Samaras. I recon Barca will try to replace him & be looking for some mugs to give them most of their money back for him. Anyone think of someone who may be stupid enough to do that?

'cough'
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:04 am

Zezou wrote:
Fish111 wrote:

[highlight]he has been class for every club he's played for!!![/highlight] would be awesome in the prem... i was thinking last night whilst watching the game
that even tho i like ade, ibrahimovic is miles ahead of him, just shows the difference between good players and world class players

Juventus supporters might disagree with you. In fact, ask them how he reacts when he is asked to work for the team instead of just standing there, waiting for someone to create chances for him.

I stand by my opinion, he'd be MASSIVE flop in Premier League. Do NOT underestimate the "Ryan Shawcross efect" (as I like to say it). There'll be dozens of giant central defenders in average and poor PremierLeague teams waiting to show this fancy dan his place. He gets miles more protection in Spain and got in Italy and Netherlands from referees and central defenders are (par few notable exceptions) soft touch compared to their English counterparts. Every time I've seen him getting proper kicking in a game, may it be in Italy or Netherlands (in all the Barca games I've seen so far he hasn't had a good kicking) he has gone sulking. Every single time.

Needless to say what kind of dressing room influence he'd be too.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Martinez » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:39 am

He would probably score a lot of goals and I don't think he would struggle against english center backs at all, from what I've seen in Italy and Spain, it's rather the oppsite, that he gets a lot of freekicks against him. I think he is actually quite well suited to the english game, unlike Robinho.

That said, I don't want him at City, he's not what we need at this point, he and his agent almost managed to unsettle the best team in the world the other week. All because he didn't get to start against fucling Stuttgart. A real primadonna who always gives the impression that it's Zlatan first, team second
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:43 am

He'd be a flop I think. Too often goes missing in big games and think he hasn't scored in about 3 years for Sweden. Barca are looking to sell apparently, still can't believe they gave Inter Eto'o AND paid for Zlatan!
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:53 am

For me, he's one of those players who it's fashionable to not rate. When I''ve seen him - which is a fair bit to be fair - he's been brilliant. What attributes does he not possess? Don't read the headlines, watch him play (more than once) and make up your own mind.

Luca Toni and Mario Gomez are similar - big strikers who everyone calls shite (probably influenced by a poor World Cup and Euros respectively). But look at their goalscoring records.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:58 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:For me, he's one of those players who it's fashionable to not rate. When I''ve seen him - which is a fair bit to be fair - he's been brilliant. What attributes does he not possess? Don't read the headlines, watch him play (more than once) and make up your own mind.

Luca Toni and Mario Gomez are similar - big strikers who everyone calls shite (probably influenced by a poor World Cup and Euros respectively). But look at their goalscoring records.

I've followed his career since he came through in Malmo.

Like I said earlier, in paper he has it all. But it's his mental side that I feel would let him down. This is probably THE most selfcentered and arrogant player EVER in football. Granted, he has something to show for his arrogance but surely there are reasons why Barcelona are seemingly planning to get rid of him despite him being in sparkling goalscoring form?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:19 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:For me, he's one of those players who it's fashionable to not rate. When I''ve seen him - which is a fair bit to be fair - he's been brilliant. What attributes does he not possess? Don't read the headlines, watch him play (more than once) and make up your own mind.

Like I said earlier, in paper he has it all. But it's his mental side that I feel would let him down. This is probably THE most selfcentered and arrogant player EVER in football. Granted, he has something to show for his arrogance but surely there are reasons why Barcelona are seemingly planning to get rid of him despite him being in sparkling goalscoring form?

I wasn't referring to you. I'd expect you'd know more about Scandinavian footballers than the rest of us. Besides, doubts resulting from considerations of his character are fine. To suggest England might not be the best place for a player of his type is fine (although I entirely disagree). To suggest that he suffers from a lack of ability and would "probably" be a flop - what an absolute load of dog shit. These are the people I was referring to.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beeks » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:23 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:but surely there are reasons why Barcelona are seemingly planning to get rid of him despite him being in sparkling goalscoring form?

Seems very similar to when they pushed Eto'o out despite scoring shed loads...I think both players share a similar attitude
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:27 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

His goalscoring form has only recently picked up again hasn't it?
He got off to a flying start but has been quite poor for the past few months, that's where all the criticism has come from and he's been dropped a couple of times.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Fish111 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:29 am

BoltFromTheBlue wrote:So none of you watched him show he has a true footballing brain? Not many could have executed that lob on Almunia, though it was Robinho-esque

It was a well taken lob and nothing more. Players from all levels of skill can execute a lob over a keeper who is 15 yards off his line. Nothing exeptional about it.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:37 am

I quite rate him but I also think it would be a major risk to buy him because of the nature of the Premier League.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum