Ibrahimovic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ibrahimovic

Postby Esky » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:59 am

In terms of pure footballing ability I think he's one of the best center forwards in the world. For every other possible reason though I wouldn't want him at City.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Zezou » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:10 am

your all bluffing, id love him at city and if we signed him everyone on here would be absolutely over the moon! cant believe some of you are trying to say you wouldnt take ibrahimovic at city, WOW
Zezou
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:39 am

Zezou wrote:your all bluffing, id love him at city and if we signed him everyone on here would be absolutely over the moon! cant believe some of you are trying to say you wouldnt take ibrahimovic at city, WOW

I dont think people are saying we wouldnt take him, just that it is a huge risk which player we end up with - and for that reason he is not worth looking at. He would be booted all over the show in this country and has the wrong attitude to dealing with that - he is Robinho-esque as someone has pointed out not only because of his prodigious talent, but because he is a big shit-house when he is really needed to work for the team.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:52 am

I'd rather have Eto'o anyday of the week. In fact, I'm still a bit sore that we missed out on him.

Eto'o and Tevez?

*splurt*
Original Dub

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:01 pm

so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Zezou » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:20 pm

Original Dub wrote:I'd rather have Eto'o anyday of the week. In fact, I'm still a bit sore that we missed out on him.

Eto'o and Tevez?

*splurt*

nah ibra and tevez would be miles better!

eto'o is worse than ibrohimivic for what ibra has been accused in this thread (if that makes sense :S)

what i mean is if eto'o doesnt score you really wont know he is playing, for me he's one of them players who will do nothing for 90 mins and then pop up with a goal and take the credit (not saying that is a bad thing) where ibra is a big, strong skillful guy. I wouldnt pick too many before him to partner tevez upfront

Iv not heard these rumers that barca want shut but if they are true and we get 4th then we should atleast have a go at signing him. obviously a long shot though!
Zezou
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby btajim » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:36 pm

I'd not welcome him here because of his reputation - but scoring a brace at Arsenal last night isn't anything to sniff at. He puts the ball in the back of the net.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Whassat » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Ibra is a fantastic player, no questions about it. A magician with the ball; In form and when he is in good mood. He isnt as egocentrical as many portray him, he would pass the ball to someone in a better position, in situations where others would just bang right on in hope of a goal for example (i.e. Eto'o).

I dont think he would ever consider playing in England - for numerous of reasons - one being that he doesnt get the respect he thinks he reserves by the english press and media etc. He have high thoughts of himself in that regard. But then again, who wouldnt if we would be in his shoes?

I think he would be a success. He have been at all teams he have played at so far ...
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby legget » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:42 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Zezou wrote:your all bluffing, id love him at city and if we signed him everyone on here would be absolutely over the moon! cant believe some of you are trying to say you wouldnt take ibrahimovic at city, WOW

I dont think people are saying we wouldnt take him, just that it is a huge risk which player we end up with - and for that reason he is not worth looking at. He would be booted all over the show in this country and has the wrong attitude to dealing with that - he is Robinho-esque as someone has pointed out not only because of his prodigious talent, but because he is a big shit-house when he is really needed to work for the team.

I've seen loads of game with him in Inter where Inter gone 1 man down and Zlatan almost single handely carried the team. Being Home defending , winning tackles close to goal just to start counter attacks , and then run the whole pitch just to be at the end of the counter attack aswell.
I remember especially 1 12:00 game where inter played with 10 for 60 minutes and the whole second half zlatan ran the lenght of the pitch back and forth to seal the deal. But yes he's a moody character. He only does that when he's full of confidence.

In Malmö he was a spoild brat to good for the swedish allsvenskan, always spending to much time on the ball.
In Ajax he thought he was the next superstar of the world, mostly selfish and always trying to most difficult solution, but also quite often succeded with it.

In Juventus I must say he got beaten by the system, anyone could se that during his years in juventus he grow bigger,fatter and lazier by each season.

In Inter he woke up started to work more for the team, almost every attack went through him, he's still a moody player but atleast he works more for the team. (he moved alot over the whole width of the offensiv part of the field , much like ade sometimes going much to the sides then staying in the middle).

Now in barca its clear that his instructions is to stay in and around the penalty area, He's always there lurking and ready to play a one-two with messi/iniesta/xavi. Messis recent goalscoring boost started after they moved him to play even more central behind zlatan then he used to before (and i know messi has always had a goalscoring boost, but his latest one atleast).

I've never been a big fan of him but the skill and talent is there for everyone to see if you watch him play more then in the europe/international scene. Saying that, i still would love him in City and think him in a central role (much like in barca) with tevez roaming freely behind him and with Adam johnson feeding him from the touchline, would give any defence in the premier league som serious problems.

Edit: and yes english is not my native language, hell I'm even bad at spelling in my native language (swedish).
legget
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Vhero » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:46 pm

Been reading around the net that they don't think much of him over there and if he isn't good enough for Spain I think he will have less chance of cutting it over here thats my 2 cents. I think why take the gamble on him when there are a lot more fish in the sea?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby legget » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Vhero wrote:Been reading around the net that they don't think much of him over there and if he isn't good enough for Spain I think he will have less chance of cutting it over here thats my 2 cents. I think why take the gamble on him when there are a lot more fish in the sea?

He got alot of prais during his first time in spain. But the negative came during the last months when he had this rough patch and just didnt score, and he missed quite alot of sure goals (just like in the first half vs arsenal). In the end Messi handed him penaltys so he could start getting on the score sheet again. He's just starting scoring again so I would hold my judgement of his performance in spain until the end of the season atleast. He's up to 19 goals or something like that right now.
legget
De Michelis's Pace

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:28 pm

shocking news that most posters wouldn't want an egotistical, mercurial but seemingly lazy, and very very talented forward who is probably one of the top 10 in the world.

what will his remaining options be? he won't be going back to Italy i don't think. He's not going to step down and play for a different Spanish side because RM wouldn't buy him. Would Bayern Munich buy him if they get crazy Ribery money? Liverpool with some cash injection? the filth? Spurs?

sadly, if he leaves Barca, we are the most obvious candidate to really make a push for him given our manager and his success with him in the past, and our deep pockets.

i'd snap him up. he's worth all the risk. He could be a flop, but i don't think so.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum