Adebayor hails Tevez the special one

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Adebayor hails Tevez the special one

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm

The plaudits continue to flow the way of Carlos Tevez, with Emmanuel Adebayor joining in with the chorus of approval.

The pair were reunited for Monday's win over Wigan following the Togolese hitman's four-game suspension, but it was the Argentinean who caught the eye with his second hat-trick of the season.

But it's not just the 25 goals so far that have caught the eye, Carlos' never-say-die spirit and tireless running have helped him achieve instant cult hero status with City's fans, and his team mate can only agree with them.

"He never gives up," says Ade. "I've had the chance to play with a lot of great strikers, but Carlos really is special. He's from Argentina, and we all know how Argentineans play. They are always hungry for the ball, and Carlos is just like that.

"He fights for the team week-in,
week-out and in training he is always
doing his job. I'm very happy playing
alongside Carlos and I'm really enjoying
my game at the moment because of it."

Monday's win was just what City needed after the defeat to Everton, and for Ade it was a good example of the Blues must never lose focus when playing sides outside of the Barclays Premier League's upper reaches.

"We've done quite well against the top clubs," he admits, "so we have to learn how to beat other teams, like we did against Wigan. In the first half the fans were getting frustrated, but what was important was that we kept calm, we got the goals for them and we won the game."

The three points on Monday put City within touching distance of Spurs in the race for fourth place, and Ade thinks the pressure is all on the team against whom he scored eight times in his three-year stint with north London rivals Arsenal.

"Spurs know that they have to come to play us at home, so we have to win as many games as we can before then. We know that playing Spurs is going to be a special game, it could well be a fight for the top four but of course then we have some games to go before then. That starts with Burnley on Saturday, they are fighting to get away from the bottom of the table and will be very motivated. We'll have to be ready for them."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Adebayor hails Tevez the special one

Postby CityGer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:21 pm

You might want to take a leaf out of his book in certain respects, Ade.

Glad you're enjoying yourself, though. With all the time off you've created for yourself, it's no surprise.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:32 pm

CityGer wrote:You might want to take a leaf out of his book in certain respects, Ade.

Glad you're enjoying yourself, though. With all the time off you've created for yourself, it's no surprise.

i can't believe the slacker went and nearly got himself killed for some leave. Lazy bastard. ;)

i agree in the spirit of your message, but...what can you do? Ade's been ok...if we moved him on i wouldn't be shocked. Even still tho, Tevez can't produce some of the amazing magic Ade can in the air or with his feet. It takes all kinds. He needs to find his shooting boots tho and get a few more goals this campaign. We need about 3 more from him before season's end. I hope he has them.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CityGer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
CityGer wrote:You might want to take a leaf out of his book in certain respects, Ade.

i can't believe the slacker went and nearly got himself killed for some leave. Lazy bastard. ;)

i agree in the spirit of your message, but...what can you do? Ade's been ok...if we moved him on i wouldn't be shocked. Even still tho, Tevez can't produce some of the amazing magic Ade can in the air or with his feet. It takes all kinds. He needs to find his shooting boots tho and get a few more goals this campaign. We need about 3 more from him before season's end. I hope he has them.

cheers

I'd never give him stick for the time he took to recover from what happened in Angola, he actually came back from that sooner than I expected. It's the time he has missed due to needless suspensions that fucks me off. His antics against Arsenal were disgrace, I couldn't believe the number of people on here sticking up for him....."it wasn't a kick, it was an accident"...fuck off, of course it was a kick!! And then against Stoke, completely avoidable, just hold your nerve and be a pro, Ade. He couldn't.

The up shot is that he's missed nearly a quarter of the season through his own petulance.

As I say, he could learn a lot from Carlos' unselfish style and team ethic.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:32 pm

CityGer wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

I'd never give him stick for the time he took to recover from what happened in Angola, he actually came back from that sooner than I expected. It's the time he has missed due to needless suspensions that fucks me off. His antics against Arsenal were disgrace, I couldn't believe the number of people on here sticking up for him....."it wasn't a kick, it was an accident"...fuck off, of course it was a kick!! And then against Stoke, completely avoidable, just hold your nerve and be a pro, Ade. He couldn't.

The up shot is that he's missed nearly a quarter of the season through his own petulance.

i thought his performance against Arsenal was magnificent. All the way around. You don't think RVP and his elbows have earned a boot in the face? just asking. Wouldn't usually condone it, but i have to say a lot of neutral fans applauded that act.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:34 pm

i did think the red and ban for what happened at Stoke was really quite harsh on Ade. The point is though that he has to learn that he is not going to get cut any slack by refs anymore or the FA, so he has to be super pro, squeeky clean and keep his head down for a bit.
We know that Ade is a fantastic player and he is at the right place to get inspired by Carlito and learn something more to get even better and more consistent.. if he has genuine respect for Carlos then it can only be good..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby CityGer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:46 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
CityGer wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

i thought his performance against Arsenal was magnificent. All the way around. You don't think RVP and his elbows have earned a boot in the face? just asking. Wouldn't usually condone it, but i have to say a lot of neutral fans applauded that act.

cheers

That's why I said antics and not performance. His football was top drawer, his antics were a disgrace. I don't care who it was against or who condones it, City comes first for me.

Going back to the football being top drawer, has he produced anything nearing that since?? Has he doninated a team or bullied a defence like he did that day?

He has the attitude of a tart and until he sorts that out and starts putting it in for us consistently then, as I said in my initial post, he could learn a hell of a lot about being a footballer from Carlos.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kladze » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:52 pm

He has all the attributes to become a Drogba like forward - except one ..... absolute 100% application.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby CityGer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Kladze wrote:He has all the attributes to become a Drogba like forward - except one ..... absolute 100% application.

Exactly. That's why he frustrates me so much. However, let's not put Drogba up as some sort of angel in terms of discipline.

I'm not looking to get on the back of Ade or any of our players. I just want absolute commitment and a selfless attitude from them.

Ade needs to understand that his is not billy big pants at City and he won't be at any club unless he delivers. Time to put in, work your socks off and show us the player we know you can be....Oh, and keep your fucking head.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kladze » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:17 pm

CityGer wrote:
Kladze wrote:He has all the attributes to become a Drogba like forward - except one ..... absolute 100% application.

Exactly. That's why he frustrates me so much. However, let's not put Drogba up as some sort of angel in terms of discipline.

Haha

Oh I wasn't trying to do that ....
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby shawzy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Ade is an out an out raw hitman...If we could supply him better from a more attacking MF like we did earlier in the season when Superman and SWP were on better form, he will come could....I thought he worked hard against Wigan.Especially in the 1st half when he was dropping back trying to help the MF.
Hes had a fair bit of personal trauma this season which wouldnt have helped him on the pitch.I really do think hes a class player and hope we keep him.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Return to The Maine Football forum