Torres or Villa?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who would you prefer

Fernando Torres
67%
David Villa
33%

Total votes : 33

Re: Torres or Villa?

Postby john@staustell » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:10 am

kennyboy wrote:Cant se Torres turning blue really..

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:29 am

john@staustell wrote:
kennyboy wrote:Cant se Torres turning blue really..

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

How about some $$$$$ a$ well?

I think there are only a few choices for Torres really: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Us, Inter.
But he will be slaughtered if he goes to Real and if he really is a true atletico boy he won't go there. Would he go to Inter (or other big Italian clubs) - I doubt it. Just can't see the pulling power in Italy any more.
So down to three imo. I also think it's obvious which is the most likely destination.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wooders » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:23 am

Villa for me, torres is as bad as RSC for injuries - Villa and tevez up front, with support from bellamy, yes please
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Villa. Better goalscoring record, not as injury prone, less of a big girl, better facial hair
Fidel Castro

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Villa. Better goalscoring record, not as injury prone, less of a big girl, better facial hair

Obviously neither will happen - that's basically a given...

But what Fidel says is the reality - Villa scores about 1/1.5 for Spain, Torres is at about 1/4 - and his facial hair is top notch.
Villa would 'do it' in the Prem because he's a supremely talented finisher.

People want to not be saying Benzema though - he's not even squadding at Real: The French Podolski.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Vhero » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:03 pm

The question shouldn't be which would we prefer but which would we realistically get if we got 4th. As anybody who picks Villa over Torres is nuts as Torres is prem proven the fact is though I seriously doubt Torres will ever play for another English (I use that word lightly) team other than bin dippers red.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Vhero wrote:The question shouldn't be which would we prefer but which would we realistically get if we got 4th. As anybody who picks Villa over Torres is nuts as Torres is prem proven the fact is though I seriously doubt Torres will ever play for another English (I use that word lightly) team other than bin dippers red.

What a load of tosh. When Liverpool signed Torres he wasn't 'prem proven'. Therefore they must have been nuts to have signed him ahead of the 'prem proven' Berbatov/Defoe/Anelka/Adebayor????
Fidel Castro

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Villa. Better goalscoring record, not as injury prone, less of a big girl, better facial hair

But what Fidel says is the reality - Villa scores about 1/1.5 for Spain, Torres is at about 1/4 - and his facial hair is top notch.

People want to not be saying Benzema though - he's not even squadding at Real: The French Podolski.

Hurrah!
Agree about Benzema too, he's going to be one of those everlasting talents who never really makes it.
Fidel Castro

Postby Feed The Goat » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:17 am

I picked torres because I think he is class. We know he can score a shed load of goals in the prem too. If we can't get him Villa would be good.

I'd like to see us get Defoe in but fear it would leave us too little upfront with him and tevez
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:43 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:

Hurrah!
Agree about Benzema too, he's going to be one of those everlasting talents who never really makes it.

disagree about Benzema. Boy has all the right attributes and tools to be one of the very much. Needs some time to adapt new surroundings though and granted the times I've seen him this season, he hasn't looked too comfortable in Real's system. He'd be great partner for Tevez I feel and that partnership could be worth 40 to 50 goals a season.

The reason why French make it in England are that French league is one of the fastest in the world. Tempo in the games is more or less the same as in England. It could be that Benzema is struggling with the slower pace and less room he gets in Spain.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:24 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Vhero wrote:The question shouldn't be which would we prefer but which would we realistically get if we got 4th. As anybody who picks Villa over Torres is nuts as Torres is prem proven the fact is though I seriously doubt Torres will ever play for another English (I use that word lightly) team other than bin dippers red.

What a load of tosh. When Liverpool signed Torres he wasn't 'prem proven'. Therefore they must have been nuts to have signed him ahead of the 'prem proven' Berbatov/Defoe/Anelka/Adebayor????

The difference is mate we are picking between Villa and Torres here and don't forget they got him for 20 million which at the time was a fucking bargain! How the fuck they ever got him that cheap I will never know. If we bought him now he would cost twice that so we are talking about completely different situations here. Plus those players you listed probably weren't available to them at the time either. Your punching in the dark here with that example.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Torres for ability and of course to take Liverpool's hope away.
He has 40 goals in 41 home games in the premier league. In fact, I think he has possibly the best goals to games ratio that's been seen in the premier league? I could be wrong, but not far off if so... he's also fantastic in the air.

That said I don't like the cunt... but some folk thought they'd never grow to love Tevez, so I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Torres and Tevez would be the best partnership in world football IMO.
Original Dub

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:07 pm

BOTH!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum