Good Friday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Good Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:47 am

'World Class' Carlos Tevez Deserves Champions League Stage - Manchester City Boss Roberto Mancini
Then he would be considered among world's best, Italian says...

Roberto Mancini has heaped praise on striker Carlos Tevez, saying that if Manchester City were in the Champions League he would be considered among the world's best.
The former Manchester United forward has scored 19 goals in 28 Premier League games this season, a record that his manager believes deserves more praise.
"Carlos compares with any striker," Mancini told the Press Association Sport.
"But [Wayne] Rooney plays in the Champions League for Manchester United. [Lionel] Messi plays in the Champions League for Barcelona.
"If Carlos was in the Champions League he would be at the same level because he is one of the best players in the world."
City are currently locked in a fierce battle to finish fourth in the league and earn qualification for Europe's premier club competition. While an important target, Mancini believes it will not be a disaster if the club fail to reach it.
"Finishing fourth is important because then we would be playing in the Champions League next season, which would be good for the club," he said.
"Then we can improve very quickly. But we must not only think like that. We are trying our hardest to finish in fourth position, but it is possible that we don't get there.
"Football would continue, so would Manchester City."
Tevez's strike partner, Emmanuel Adebayor, admitted on Thursday that he has endured a tough first season at Eastlands — one derailed by suspensions — but his manager believes the forward can still make a big difference for his team before the end of the campaign.
"Emmanuel has come back after a month and against Wigan it was a bit difficult," Mancini acknowledged.
"But if both he and Carlos can score goals in the next few games, we have more chance of getting fourth position."
Tottenham Hotspur currently occupy the all-important fourth place in the table. Currently just two points off the pace, Mancini is hoping his side can close the gap before the two sides face each other in the penultimate match of the season.
"We need to arrive in the last week, either already in fourth, or one point behind Tottenham," said Mancini.
"Then it will be a fantastic final week."

Edin Dzeko tantilises Chelsea and Manchester City by opening door to move to England
Chelsea and Manchester City target Edin Dzeko says he is open to a move to England despite AC Milan being his preferred option.
Wolfsburg’s £25m-rated striker Dzeko said: ‘I never said that I absolutely want Italy. If the right offer comes in then I will say yes.’

Hart Probably Staying With City - Mancini
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has hinted that Joe Hart will 'probably' be staying at Eastlands next season.
The England international keeper is currently on a season long loan deal at St Andrews and Blues boss Alex McLeish was hopeful of loaning Hart from City for another season as they have already stated that they have no intention of selling the 22-year-old keeper.
"Joe Hart is a good goalkeeper, who next year could be an important goalkeeper for England and Manchester City," said Mancini.
"He is only young and probably he will stay with us.
"But it is not an important issue just now.
"We must concentrate on our games and stick with what is happening this season."

Wigan Athletic midfielder Paul Scharner losing sleep over Manchester City loss
Wigan Athletic midfielder Paul Scharner losing sleep over Manchester City loss Wigan Athletic midfielder Paul Scharner has admitted having had sleepless nights thinking about his side’s controversial loss to Manchester City.
The Latics were beaten 3-0 at Eastlands but were level at 0-0 until well into the second half until City were awarded a debatable penalty.
To add insult to inury, Latics defender Gary Caldwell was dismissed for the foul on Carlos Tevez which led to the spot-kick.
The Austria international has been unable to temper his frustration at what he perceives is an injustice.
"I never got the feeling we might lose the game until Gary was sent off and the first goal went in," he told the Wigan Post.
"We had done really well in keeping them away from our goal, and we looked very dangerous in front of their goal.
"There was absolutely no reason for us to lose that game, and that's why it is so frustrating.
"The main moment in the game was absolutely the wrong decision from the referee.
"I couldn't sleep on Monday night actually. I was just lying there searching for reasons why we lost the game."
On his sides remaining games he added: "We have to look to get as many points as possible - not just looking to get four or five but to go for all 18," he said.
"If we can get 18 points, we will be totally safe, and that should be our target."

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Inter Milan's ambitious attempts to sign Steven Gerrard could see Mario Balotelli go in the other direction to Liverpool.Daily Mail

AC Milan are lining up a £20m bid for Manchester United's Nemanja Vidic after making the defender their top priority in this summer's transfer market. Daily Star

Manchester United could move for unsettled Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema. Manager Sir Alex Ferguson attempted to buy the £30m-rated Frenchman from Lyon last summer. caughtoffside.com

Blackburn have agreed a £2m fee with Aruna Dindane's parent club Lens and may loan the striker back to Portsmouth where he has spent this season on loan. (Daily Mail)

West Bromwich Albion are ready to rival Wigan for Hamilton's £2m-rated midfielder James McArthur. Daily Mail

Notts County have told Birmingham and Blackburn they can have keeper Kasper Schmeichel in the summer - but the cash-strapped League Two side have put a £2m price tag on him. Daily Mirror

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce will use this weekend's meeting with Tottenham to sound out the possibility of making Spurs full-back Alan Hutton's loan spell at the Stadium of Light permanent. (Daily Mirror)

MORE BOLLOX
Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce has reprimanded his midfielder Martin Olsson for cheating to win a crucial penalty in the 1-0 win against local rivals Burnley last weekend. Daily Mail

West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola may be replaced by assistant Steve Clarke at the end of the season. Former England boss Steve McClaren is also in the running for the post should the Hammers preserve their top-flight status. Daily Telegraph

Tottenham defender Ledley King is set to be offered a two-year extension to his current White Hart Lane deal. (Daily Express)

Portsmouth and England goalkeeper David James has been ordered to cut back his workload to avoid aggravating a niggling calf injury during the closing stages of the season. (Daily Express)

Derby captain Robbie Savage says that Celtic should appoint former Blackburn and Manchester City boss Mark Hughes as their manager ahead of caretaker Neil Lennon. Daily Record

WAG OF THE DAY Federica Fontana
http://italy.theoffside.com/wags/dubiou ... ntana.html

FINAL BOLLOX
Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti's attempt at an April Fool gag was scuppered by midfielder Michael Ballack. Who says the Germans don't have a sense of humour? Carlo Ancelotti revealed last night how his April Fool's Day wind-up was spoiled by the one Chelsea player you'd expect to not have a sense of humour.
Ancelotti thought he would catch out his squad when he made a big announcement at the start of training at their Cobham base.
But the jape fell flat, much to Ancelotti's disappointment, because Michael Ballack doesn't do laughter.
Ancelotti admitted: "I tried to do a joke but the players found me out straight away.
"I said to them 'today we change training; I want to do double session because I need to try a new tactical shape for the United game'.
"And Ballack turned straight to me and said: 'Coach, it's April 1 today!' That was it!"

West Ham striker Mido has been given the nickname "Kung Fu Panda" by his team-mates in reference to his weight and running style. Daily Telegraph

Australians were taken in by an April Fools spoof radio interview with a David Beckham impersonator that claimed the LA Galaxy midfielder would coach their national team in this summer's World Cup. The sports minister even rang the Australian Football Association to congratulate it on the coup.Daily Star
Last edited by Chinners on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Good Friday's B*ll*x

Postby s1ty m » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:50 am

Eh? Pen v Wigan. Missed that!
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Chinners » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:05 am

BREAKING BOLLOX
Juventus have resumed their pursuit of Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez after Bordeaux's Laurent Blanc and Fiorentina's Cesare Prandelli turned down the chance to take charge of the Italian club.

Chelsea have been accused of offering bungs to Barcelona’s president and vice-president to facilitate the transfer of Ronaldinho back in 2004.
The claims have emerged as part of Barcelona’s typically political presidential election campaign. Outgoing president Joan Laporta fell out with leading candidate Sandro Rosell when the latter was his vice-president and apparently is now campaigning against his former deputy.
Laporta claims that Chelsea were desperate to sign Brazilian star Ronaldinho in 2004, when the former World Player of the Year was regarded as the best footballer on the planet. Rosell apparently encouraged the deal as Chelsea had offered that the pair share a £7m kick-back as part of the deal.
Laporta has just released a book recording his time in charge of Barcelona, in which he says, "I told him to get it out of his head, that Ronnie was not for sale and I didn't want to talk about it any more but he added: 'Joan, they are giving us a commission of 10 per cent.'
"Sandro kept insisting about the offer of Chelsea pretending he didn't want it to happen.
"He reminded me that if we accepted they were giving us 10m euros to share between us. That attitude made me profoundly indignant."
Chelsea have responded angrily to the claims and a club spokesman said, “It's total nonsense. We never made such an offer."
For his part, Rosell has vehemently denied the accusations, threatening legal action against Laporta.
Rosell, the frontrunner in the presidential campaign said, "The recounting of this episode, for its total and absolute falsehood, constitutes a grave attack on my honour, and for that reason I reserve my right to take judicial action."
Ronaldinho is currently enjoying an excellent season at AC Milan and is pushing for a recall to Brazil’s squad in time for this summer’s World Cup.

Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish has revealed he is close to wrapping up potential signings for next season.
McLeish says his squad building plans for the summer are already underway.
“We are trying to be ahead of the game, things are on-going,” he told the Birmingham Mail. “There’s no shortage of players we’re being recommended. There are DVDs piled high on my desk. I just cannot possibly watch everything.
“I have got to try and sort the wheat from the chaff and try to shorten the list.
“We are down the road with one or two – we have had some targets for some time – but I’ve not made my mind up on everything yet [who goes].
“But in the event a few players leave, then a few players have to come in.
“Because no money will be coming in transfer-wise – if you look at it there’s frees, unless people ask to go on the transfer list – then we’re going to have to pay out money ourselves, money that we don’t generate through sales."
Last edited by Chinners on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:13 am

So we got 'debatable penalty' against Wigan then? Whatever.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:25 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:So we got 'debatable penalty' against Wigan then? Whatever.

Every fucking game we win with the slightest referee involvement there's an inquest afterwards about the slightest incident whereas rags & scousers go round maiming people, escaping red cards on a weekly basis & nobody says anything.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:09 am

Dubious or not that's a cracking WAG
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC