Patience a virtue for Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Patience a virtue for Toure

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:38 pm

Kolo Toure thinks City may need to bide their time in trying to break Burnley down when the two sides meet at Turf Moor on Saturday.

The Clarets are battling to avoid having just a single season in the Barclays Premier League, but they did initially have one of the better home records, which included a famous win over Manchester United.

Much has changed since then, and City will be on the hunt for vital points in the race for a place in the Champions League, but for the skipper patience will be needed on Saturday evening.

"All the games are going to be really tough at this stage of the season," he says. "Burnley are fighting for their lives and they are going to give everything. We saw that with Wigan on Monday.

"We will have to be patient again, if we keep hold of the ball we can tire teams out when they are desperate to do well.

"Once a team begins to get tired, that's
when we can hurt them. We did that
against Wigan, and I think that might
be the way we play against Burnley as
well."

Carlos Tevez's hat trick last Monday took the Argentinean to 25 goals for the season, and Kolo is pleased that he only has to train and play alongside someone in such inspired form.

"Carlos is a top striker and he's playing incredibly well at the moment," he continues. "He's scoring some really important goals for us, I'm just glad he's on my side and that I don't have to play against him!

"Compared to when he was at United, with all the good players they had, here at City he's our main striker although we have some really great players to go along with him as well. He's really improved this season, and we're getting the benefit of that."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Return to The Maine Football forum