Friday Training 2/4

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday Training 2/4

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:57 pm

Just another ordinary day at Carrington with a late start of 3pm.I got there early with Lewis and son Michael to watch a little of the reserves and was joined by Wonderwall plus Svensational, King Kev and their wives.( sorry I am really bad at remembering names).Pure quality and it was like a ManCityFans.net day out as joining a little later was Johnny Crossan and his wife.

Although the coaches were out on time there was little sign of the players apart from Wayne Bridge who continued his work outs with a physio playing head tennis.They eventually all came out but missing were Bellers and Richards.Bellers finished early yesterday but hopefully will be ok at least for the bench tomorrow but no news on Micah.Ireland we already know is out for tomorrow.

The usual moving around the pitch in team shape with plenty of warm up stretches before most of them came across to the watching fans behind the fence.They did some standard warm up stuff before a regular keep ball circle routine whilst Mancini kept a group of defenders with him on the pitch clearly talking about expectations for tomorrow. As ever I can't confirm who they were but this time a few others on here will know the likely set up at the back!

The defenders came over to do warm ups and then they moved over to play 9 or 10 a side on what was about half a pitch. We wandered around to get closer to the action. Not too much to report from this with the only 3 goals scored by RSC ( 2 one a penalty) and Nimley. Shay at the other end was largely untroubled apart from one fuunt bit of action where Tevez was one to one with him and sold at least two dummies leaving Shay bamboozled before he slotted it home. I think the whistle had already gone but Tevez was wetting himself laughing and it was great for us watching. When RSC scored his pen Tevez was stood behind him telling Gunner Neilsen which way to dive. He was wrong!!

It was very noticeable being close to Shay's goal how much shouting he does , barking orders across the back line. Noticeable too how little ( if anything) we heard from Kolo in front of him. It was also noticeable that NDJ was playing within himself. In the keep ball circles he threatened to bite but didn't quite and in the game he only put one player on the deck so he was clearly under orders.

The whole session was just about an hour as they suddenly finished and walked in. Ade,Tevez and RSC stayed a little longer in discussion with Mancini clearly talking about aspects of working together and running off each other.

With any luck we might see a few pictures of events as I am assured hundreds were taken.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Friday Training 2/4

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:08 pm

great report Doug, even if it was a quiet day..

how about Patrick.. any thoughts on his play / contributions today ?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:13 pm

brite blu sky wrote:great report Doug, even if it was a quiet day..

his dog rescue was fuclin fantastic. Top shelf stuff.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:33 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Hmmm his dog rescue.... Still thinking about that one.

Let's just say he didn't excel in the football game they played today.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:36 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Hmmm his dog rescue.... Still thinking about that one.

Let's just say he didn't excel in the football game they played today.

You need to visit the off topic every now and then, Doug!

Patrick's heroic dog rescue: viewtopic.php?f=121&t=31428
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Top report as always Doug.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:02 pm

For some reason I had a shocking picture where Nige had slapped out his schlonge and was beating his meat to Shay's dulcett tones!
Douglas Higginbottom wrote: It was very noticeable being close to Shay's goal how much shouting he does , barking orders across the back line. Noticeable too how little ( if anything) we heard from Kolo in front of him. It was also noticeable that NDJ was playing within himself. In the keep ball circles he threatened to bite but didn't quite and in the game he only put one player on the deck so he was clearly under orders.

Thanks for the report mate and good to see that there were a few more there for company. I'll make it one day, I'm sure of it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:05 pm

It was a good day out today, good to see MHiggi, Doug and Lewis. I have a funny feeling it wont be the last time I visit the Carrington training ground. Kippax Girl (KK's missus) took plenty of pics and video's. One particular piece of information Doug didn’t mention is that Brian Kidd was wearing a ridiculous gangster headband, it must have been for a joke as no-one would wear one for real!

The togetherness and camaraderie was very evident and all looked in really high spirits.

On another note, Doug "the Eagle" Higginbottom has unbelievable eyesight. I thought mine was good, but Doug is something else.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby King Kev » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

It was good to see you folks today, especially grateful to Wonderwall for the lift, cheers mate.

Quite enjoyed it despite the weather and was glad to have Mr Higginbottom there to point things out and know the best places to stand to get as close as possible to the action.

I will post a few pics on here shortly for those who are interested.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby King Kev » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:28 pm

[youtube]1zqNQaiiKJU[/youtube]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:42 pm

King Kev wrote:[youtube]1zqNQaiiKJU[/youtube]

brilliant - but you didn't film our "official Carrington guide"

He's very photogenic.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Wonderwall wrote:It was a good day out today, good to see MHiggi, Doug and Lewis. I have a funny feeling it wont be the last time I visit the Carrington training ground. Kippax Girl (KK's missus) took plenty of pics and video's. One particular piece of information Doug didn’t mention is that Brian Kidd was wearing a ridiculous gangster headband, it must have been for a joke as no-one would wear one for real!

The togetherness and camaraderie was very evident and all looked in really high spirits.

On another note, Doug "the Eagle" Higginbottom has unbelievable eyesight. I thought mine was good, but Doug is something else.

Kidd wears that head band every day. I just take it as the norm so never commented on it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:For some reason I had a shocking picture where Nige had slapped out his schlonge and was beating his meat to Shay's dulcett tones!
Douglas Higginbottom wrote: It was very noticeable being close to Shay's goal how much shouting he does , barking orders across the back line. Noticeable too how little ( if anything) we heard from Kolo in front of him. It was also noticeable that NDJ was playing within himself. In the keep ball circles he threatened to bite but didn't quite and in the game he only put one player on the deck so he was clearly under orders.

Thanks for the report mate and good to see that there were a few more there for company. I'll make it one day, I'm sure of it.

I am now officially worried about you Beefy!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Wonderwall wrote:It was a good day out today, good to see MHiggi, Doug and Lewis. I have a funny feeling it wont be the last time I visit the Carrington training ground. Kippax Girl (KK's missus) took plenty of pics and video's. One particular piece of information Doug didn’t mention is that Brian Kidd was wearing a ridiculous gangster headband, it must have been for a joke as no-one would wear one for real!

It's not much about my eyesight which is crap but more about familiarity of seeing them regularly and knowing how they move and kick a ball.

It was great seeing everyone there today .It always makes the day better with City folk to chat to.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby King Kev » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:35 pm

Sorry about the quality. The crap weather along with the distance we were away from the players made it difficult to get decent pics. It's the missus' fault anyway!

Check out Kidd's headgear as mentioned by Wonderwall! WTF??

King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby steveo_88 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Is Brians headband just to keep his ears warm when it's windy? If so why doesn't the guy just where a hat like the others? You'd of thought the Italians would have tried to give him some fashion advice to set an example to the rest of the players.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Return to The Maine Football forum