Team & Tactics v Burnley

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Team & Tactics v Burnley

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:01 pm

last time out it was
Given, Zabaleta, Toure, Kompany, Garrido (Onuoha, 87), De Jong, Vieira, Wright-Phillips (Bellamy, 46), Johnson, Adebayor, Tevez (Sylvinho, 87)

Zabba is suspended, Ireland is injured and there was a hint that DeJong will be rested to avoid him getting banned.

Richards might be back in, and Barry is very likely to be back in, Vieira has been told to up his game so i would expect he will be given the chance to that.
An interesting suggestion by someone this week was that Toure could be pushed up to DM and Ned come in as CB, but that was a response to the question of Vieira being dumped.. so the most similar to last time would be

Given
Richards, Toure, Kompany, Garrido
Wright-Phillips, Barry, Vieira, Johnson,
Adebayor, Tevez

As for tactics. The talk of patience from Toure was revealing, so we might expect a similar game plan to the Wigan game, but with proper commitment from the start. If we can keep the ball better this time and make them chase for it, then this tactic could be a good one.
Vieira has been told he has to play better.. so i guess that is what he will try and do. i think there is good reason to think that Ade will improve also. Barry has had a rest so again there are reasons to expect a good performance from him too.

I expect the first half will be tight again, but i think this time we will get a breakthrough as Burnley being at home and in trouble they need to try and come at us.
Last but not least, again as mentioned in another post it would make a lot of sense to unleash Bellemy onto a tiring Burnley during the second half.

looking forward to the predictions thread today..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Team & Tactics v Burnley

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:14 pm

...........Shay
Ned, Kolo, Komps, Javi
Sweep, Nige, Bazza, AJ
Ade, Carlos

Subs Taylor, Rocky, Pat and 4 others

betcha
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Attack. Don't play Vieria as one of only 2 midfield players. Pick Tevez + 10 others.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:21 pm

johnny crossan wrote:...........Shay
Ned, Kolo, Komps, Javi
Sweep, Nige, Bazza, AJ
Ade, Carlos

betcha

Maybe just close and no cigar :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:...........Shay
Ned, Kolo, Komps, Javi
Sweep, Nige, Bazza, AJ
Ade, Carlos

betcha

Maybe just close and no cigar :)

Didn't you spot Silv in for Garrido?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:03 pm

brite blu sky wrote:last time out it was
Given, Zabaleta, Toure, Kompany, Garrido (Onuoha, 87), De Jong, Vieira, Wright-Phillips (Bellamy, 46), Johnson, Adebayor, Tevez (Sylvinho, 87)

Zabba is suspended, Ireland is injured and there was a hint that DeJong will be rested to avoid him getting banned.

Richards might be back in, and Barry is very likely to be back in, Vieira has been told to up his game so i would expect he will be given the chance to that.
An interesting suggestion by someone this week was that Toure could be pushed up to DM and Ned come in as CB, but that was a response to the question of Vieira being dumped.. so the most similar to last time would be

Given
Richards, Toure, Kompany, Garrido
Wright-Phillips, Barry, Vieira, Johnson,
Adebayor, Tevez

As for tactics. The talk of patience from Toure was revealing, so we might expect a similar game plan to the Wigan game, but with proper commitment from the start. If we can keep the ball better this time and make them chase for it, then this tactic could be a good one.
Vieira has been told he has to play better.. so i guess that is what he will try and do. i think there is good reason to think that Ade will improve also. Barry has had a rest so again there are reasons to expect a good performance from him too.

I expect the first half will be tight again, but i think this time we will get a breakthrough as Burnley being at home and in trouble they need to try and come at us.
Last but not least, again as mentioned in another post it would make a lot of sense to unleash Bellemy onto a tiring Burnley during the second half.

looking forward to the predictions thread today..

With hindsight, I'm pretty confident you'll be wrong.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum