can you watch other footie teams

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: can you watch other footie teams

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:24 pm

On days like this I really quite enjoy watching the scum actually
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby bobadji » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:25 pm

I watched utd vs Chelsea in 3D before. Wasn't that spectacular.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby pears12 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:28 am

I watch plenty of football.. If there is a game in canberra I will go see it, this season i saw 2 a-league games, 1 national team game and one womens international (it was about 43 degrees).. But on tv I will generally watch city games, then prolly another 3 premier league games a weekend depending on start times. Also will watch as much Europa League games as possible
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby btajim » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:43 am

craigmcfc wrote:
btajim wrote:Interesting that no-one else has admitted attending Matches involving Not City.

Yesterday I went to watch FC Halifax Town beat Chorley 1-0 along with 1500 others and thoroughly enjoyed it. On the tv I pretty much watch any live football that is on

Are they still playing at The Shay? Went there with Hereford on several occasions. The Pump Room was a good Boozer.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby simon12 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:01 am

I watch whoevers on telly. Only watch the Blues in the flesh plus the opposition of course.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:18 am

btajim wrote:Interesting that no-one else has admitted attending Matches involving Not City.

really?

I think we have people, especially foreign ones, who attend games of local sides. I have season ticket for two local sides but probably giving the other one away for this coming season since moving out of Helsinki.

Where ever I've been in world I've tried to catch a game as well.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:51 pm

btajim wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Yesterday I went to watch FC Halifax Town beat Chorley 1-0 along with 1500 others and thoroughly enjoyed it. On the tv I pretty much watch any live football that is on

Are they still playing at The Shay? Went there with Hereford on several occasions. The Pump Room was a good Boozer.

They are and it's been redeveloped into a decent little stadium now, lot better than when I used to watch speedway there. Pump Room is still a top pub with strong city links there too
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:27 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

really?

I think we have people, especially foreign ones, who attend games of local sides. I have season ticket for two local sides but probably giving the other one away for this coming season since moving out of Helsinki.

I've been to plenty of Shef Wednesday games - best mate's club. Went quite a few times with a rag mate to Gresty - good to just share the matchday experience when you otherwise couldn't.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:29 pm

i used to watch a lot when i was younger till i was early 30's now i just carn't seem to be arsed watching a game all the way through except city or if i'm in the irish pub in town over here we get a lot of the prem ,serie A,la liga,etc etc i'll start watching a game then do other things like getting the dinner ready or the ironing,the vaccin up as well , yes i do the household things like a "modern man "should
i've been to more rugby matches even ice hockey matches than football matches over here
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:40 pm

This season ive been to Brentford vs Swindon, Fulham vs Swindon, and Villa vs Bolton
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:28 pm

used to go to Whitby Town, i lived up there for a year renovating a couple of houses. Been to watch Grimsby Town a few times as well, my girlfriend's family are from there.

i'll pretty much watch any football game anywhere.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

really?

Yes. Really.

Nobody was originally admitting that they go to other Matches. I've had a fair bit of stick on here for my excessive interest in Hereford United. It's a BTA thing.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:22 pm

I've been to quite a few other teams matches. One of my mates is a Vale fan and I've enjoyed travelling round the CCL2 grounds of the north west with him.

I'm not sure I'd ever pay to see a Prem match not involving City mind.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:34 am

I've been to a few non-league games fairly recently - Altrincham, York, Wrexham. Those are the most recent non-City football games I've seen. I'd go more often if I didnt live in a football black hole (no ground within 10 miles of me, and I don't drive)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby sandman » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:28 am

I watch football of all levels both on tv and live, if city are not playing and the mrs is out I usually pop down to spotland or boundary park.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Just been to watch FC Halifax Town again, playing against top of the table Lancaster City who were 2 points above Town before kick off. Great game and Halifax won 4-0 so with 5 games to go are top by a point. Could be a cracking end to the season with only one automatic promotion slot
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby bluej » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:59 pm

My mate gets free tickets for Sheffield Wednesday quite a lot, and all my gf's family are Wednesday fans so I've been a few times to see them. I'm going to their derby with Sheffield United next weekend on a free ticket actually.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:10 pm

bluej wrote:My mate gets free tickets for Sheffield Wednesday quite a lot, and all my gf's family are Wednesday fans so I've been a few times to see them. I'm going to their derby with Sheffield U***d next weekend on a free ticket actually.

so your going to miss city against them nxt week
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby bluej » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:25 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:
bluej wrote:My mate gets free tickets for Sheffield Wednesday quite a lot, and all my gf's family are Wednesday fans so I've been a few times to see them. I'm going to their derby with Sheffield U***d next weekend on a free ticket actually.

so your going to miss city against them nxt week

Eh? We're playing saturday, their derby is on the sunday.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum