can you watch other footie teams

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

can you watch other footie teams

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:32 pm

i can/do only watch city either live at the ground, tv if i carnt get like 2 morra or computer, the only other live game [apart from england games ] is the fa cup. i might watch a few mins of other games like arsenal/barca game, but not the whole game. my m8 whos got a s/t at donny rovers watches every game on bbc,itv or sky. english, spanish, league cup,fa cup whatever is on live. and i never watch them[rags] unless it is against us. so do anyone else watch other games live and the whole game.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: can you watch other footie teams

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Yeah i watch nearly all the live games that are on, like tomorrow i will be watching Chelsea v rag's then Sunderland v Spurs then City v Burnley.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby blootoof » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Only if I want one of said teams to lose for whatever reason. I've never been one to watch a match just because I love the game, there needs to be a reason. For example I watched Leeds v Millwall a couple of weeks back hopin it would kick-off. I don't watch the Grand Prix any more because its too safe.

Dunno, maybe its just me.

Hold on, how the fuck have I got onto formula 1 racing?
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MHiggi » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:06 pm

I watch a lot of footy and if I've nothing better to do then I'll watch pretty much anyone - I even went to Bury vs Shrewsbury a few weeks ago! But I don't enjoy watching games where I want one team to lose, I prefer to watch wanting someone to win (subtle difference). That's why I hardly ever watch the rags these days and why I missed Utd v Liverpool a fortnight ago, when I wanted both teams to lose.
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Kladze » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:01 pm

Depends if you are 'a football fan' or just a City fan I suppose.

I'll watch most 'quality' football but my brother will only watch City. Even during the world cup he'll only just about be able to rouse enough interest to watch England.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby steveo_88 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:06 pm

I occasionally watch Oldham who are my step families side and games on the TV, usually supporting the under dog(Reading FA Cup) or support anyone beating scouse/cockney's in Europe(except Fulham). I will support THEM in Europe just to stop bin dippers 1 from winning anything again!
South Stand Blue

steveo_88

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:08 pm

i'll watch a few minutes of Bolton-Stoke just to see what happens...i'm a whore for other footy matches when City isn't playing. I watch about 3 a week, so i guess technically i probably watch more other footy than i watch City...strange metric.

lately, i've been watching loads of Serie A and have actually been pretty impressed.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Zezou » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:11 pm

i noticed that i was getting like that, only wanting to watch city. sometiomes watch champions league games wiv my mates but it doesnt bother me, however i find that putting an accumulator on at the bookies makes it alot more fun then I have an interest in around 8 games over a weekend instead of one and only costs £2 a pop. if theyre on my list ill watch them, support them and enjoy it aswell, otherwise I wouldnt care
Zezou
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:13 pm

I watch Bosnia international matches, a bit of Bundesliga, and will pay attention to Europa League if it's on and I'm in the pub at the time. Other than that, it's City, and any Premiership game that is televised immediately afterwards, for the first half, at least.

Apart from that, I watch FA Cup games with 'giant-killing' potential, and the FA Cup final. Will probably watch a bit of the World Cup, but won't be hugely gutted if I miss anything (I only watched 4 or 5 games of the last one).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby steveo_88 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:16 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:i'll watch a few minutes of Bolton-Stoke just to see what happens...i'm a whore for other footy matches when City isn't playing. I watch about 3 a week, so i guess technically i probably watch more other footy than i watch City...strange metric.

lately, i've been watching loads of Serie A and have actually been pretty impressed.

cheers

Really! I struggle to watch Seria A games because of the amount of diving and shocking refs in the game. The play is broken up and games struggle to get a continuous flow. As soon as players get into the opposing half they try and dive and shoot from free kicks instead of open play.

Seria A certainly has the poorest standard of players it has had for a very long time.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:27 pm

I can. I go to West Ham 2 or 3 times a season because I'm 10 minutes from their Ground (getting home 10 minutes after Final Whistle is brilliant) and I also follow Hereford United on an active basis. I see them 5 times a season, roughly. They were the first Club I ever watched live regularly as I lived that way in my late Teens. I never feel / felt the affinity for The Bulls like I do for City - but it's a laugh. Lower League Football is cool.

Tomorrow I'll be watching Man Ure - Chelsea in the Local.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Dazzacity » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:37 pm

I watch other matches but only if im in the mood or its a big game. I usually give a game 30mins, if its a shite game ,I usually find something else todo, unless its city or England. Football is alot like watchin boxin for me.It can be awesme to watch but can also be a total bore other times.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:40 pm

steveo_88 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:i'll watch a few minutes of Bolton-Stoke just to see what happens...i'm a whore for other footy matches when City isn't playing. I watch about 3 a week, so i guess technically i probably watch more other footy than i watch City...strange metric.

cheers

Really! I struggle to watch Seria A games because of the amount of diving and shocking refs in the game. The play is broken up and games struggle to get a continuous flow. As soon as players get into the opposing half they try and dive and shoot from free kicks instead of open play.

Seria A certainly has the poorest standard of players it has had for a very long time.

i've watched 4 matches in the last month and all four were cracking matches with some great goals, good defensive play, and some open play with the ball on the floor...admittedly they were some of the tops teams, but...i was absolutely entertained.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby shawzy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Yup...I watch loads of footie.....Apart from the blues.i mainly watch the teams that are fighting for 4th,for obvious reasons..Overseas i always look out for Roma,Barca and PSV.Promotion candidates in the Championship also catches my eye.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Not a day goes by that I don't watch a game or two of football. I just prefer watching football to pretty much anything on telly. I follow few series, some movies, news and Animal Planet every now and then but other than that there's almost always football on in our household.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:05 pm

All the time
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Bear60 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Not a day goes by that I don't watch a game or two of football. I just prefer watching football to pretty much anything on telly. I follow few series, some movies, news and Animal Planet every now and then but other than that there's almost always football on in our household.

Same , watch as much footie as I can dont care who it is playing, drives my wife mad also watch a lot of rugby.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:33 pm

blootoof wrote:Only if I want one of said teams to lose for whatever reason. I've never been one to watch a match just because I love the game, there needs to be a reason. For example I watched Leeds v Millwall a couple of weeks back hopin it would kick-off. I don't watch the Grand Prix any more because its too safe.

Dunno, maybe its just me.

Hold on, how the fuck have I got onto formula 1 racing?

Spot on....the feelings mutual.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:00 pm

i tend to only watch games that might be interesting for some reason.. or might be good games.

i have watched more games of our direct competitors this season to sus them out a bit more.. also teams that we are coming up to play.. saw a few fulham matches before we met them recently.. same with Everton, that kind of thing.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby psut1 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:24 pm

Pretty much only watch City or England, maybe the odd 5 or 10 mins of others
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum