Saturday's B*llox

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's B*llox

Postby Chinners » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:25 am

Sorry for the delay ... bit of a sessh last night!

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini opens the door to an Italian return with Juventus
Roberto Mancini has cast further doubt over his Manchester City future by admitting he is ready to return to management in Italy as Liverpool rival Rafa Benitez also found himself linked to Serie A.
There is a clause in Mancini’s three-and-a-half-year deal allowing either City or himself to cancel his contract in the summer.

The former Inter Milan boss knows the chances of being kept on could hinge on his ability to deliver a top-four finish.
Mancini has been eyed by Juventus, who will replace short-term boss Alberto Zaccheroni at the end of the season, and he did nothing to quell the speculation in an interview with Italian paper La Nazione.

‘I’m ready to go back, if and when there will be a possibility,’ he said.
‘How near I am to a return to Italy I don’t know. Football is strange. It was probably right for me to broaden my horizons, but I will return sooner or later.
‘As for Juventus, Juve is always Juve. They are going through a difficult period right now, but we are talking about a club with history and prestige.’

Benitez has joined Mancini as a candidate to take over at Juve. Deputy club director Roberto Bettega is reported ready to intensify efforts to lure the Liverpool manager after Easter, having failed to tempt Bordeaux coach Laurent Blanc.
Depending on Tottenham’s result at Sunderland, Mancini’s City could go fourth when they play Burnley today at Turf Moor.
With Nigel de Jong facing a two-match ban if booked in either of the next two games, Mancini must decide whether to risk the Dutchman or persevere with Patrick Vieira, who has struggled to find his best form since arriving in January.
Vieira created the opening goal for Carlos Tevez against Wigan on Monday but otherwise made little impact, and Mancini admitted: ‘I think Patrick could improve.’

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Belgian teenager Eden Hazard claims he will choose between Arsenal and Real Madrid after the end of the season. The 19-year-old, who was hailed by Zinedine Zidane as an "enormous talent", will be on his way from Lille in the summer.Daily Mirror

Former Arsenal team-mates Jens Lehman and Thierry Henry are set for a reunion next season at MLS side New York Red Bulls. Daily Mail

Fulham may make a move for Fenerbahce's 26-year-old Turkish international striker Semih Senturk. Daily Mail

WAG OF THE DAYhttp://italy.theoffside.com/wags/wag-of-the-week-martina-colombari-take-two.html

OTHER BOLLOX
Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas says he feels "broken" after he fracturing his leg during Wednesday's 2-2 Champions League draw with Barcelona.The Sun

France manager Raymond Domenech says Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was "irresponsible" for starting defender William Gallas in Wednesday's tie with Spanish giants Barca. Gallas suffered a recurrence of a calf injury that has ruled him out for the season and could also cost him a place at the World Cup. Daily Telegraph

Meanwhile, Gallas has come under fire from his former team-mate Kolo Toure. The Manchester City defender claims former Gunners skipper Gallas "thinks more about himself" than his team. The Sun

Aston Villa officials are unconcerned by manager Martin O'Neill's announcement that he will review his position in the summer, viewing the Northern Irishman's comments as normal in the context of his yearly rolling contract. Daily Telegraph

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has questioned Alberto Aquilani's pain threshold, and appeared to suggest his latest ankle injury could be in the Italian's mind. "Some players can manage with pain, but not all... when you talk of pain, you never know," Benitez said. Various

Former England manager Steve McClaren, close to leading FC Twente to the Dutch title, is wanted by West Ham and Sporting Lisbon. Daily Mail

FINAL BOLLOX
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says he has no regrets about selling Darren Bent to Sunderland last summer even though the striker has scored 21 goals for the Black Cats this season. The Sun

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce has urged goalkeeper Paul Robinson to phone England manager Fabio Capello and demand to know why he is being ignored. Daily Mail

Burnley manager Brian Laws has distanced the club from comments by defender Clarke Carlisle, who claimed "a neanderthal monster reared its ugly head" during the crowd trouble that followed the Clarets' 1-0 derby defeat at home to Blackburn. Daily Telegraph

Former England star Paul Gascoigne has turned down the chance to join David Baddiel, Frank Skinner and Robbie Williams in recording a new World Cup version of classic football anthem Three Lions.
The Sun
Last edited by Chinners on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Saturday's B*llox

Postby Esky » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:43 am

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas says he feels "broken" after he fracturing his leg during Wednesday's 2-2 Champions League draw with Barcelona.

Well that'd make sense. I wonder if the word play was intentional.

Belgian teenager Eden Hazard claims he will choose between Arsenal and Real Madrid after the end of the season. The 19-year-old, who was hailed by Zinedine Zidane as an "enormous talent", will be on his way from Lille in the summer.

From what I've seen and heard of him, I'd have him here before I would Di Maria (...or Robinho). He'd be stupid to go to Real over Arsenal though, especially at that age.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Return to The Maine Football forum