Only Happy When We Lose?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Only Happy When We Lose?

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:10 am

It was a fantastic result, and the first half before the rain ruined our flow was spectacular. But it's pretty hard to raise that much enthusiasm for beating Burnley. Had it been the Rags, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea or Villa, I'm sure the forum would have been overflowing.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Fish111 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:12 am

I thought the defending for their goal was atrocious, not good enough ;-)
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:39 am

guv111 wrote:It was a fantastic result, and the first half before the rain ruined our flow was spectacular. But it's pretty hard to raise that much enthusiasm for beating Burnley. Had it been the Rags, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea or Villa, I'm sure the forum would have been overflowing.

I had few drinks last night and this topic was bit shit but honestly, who do we think we are these days? You don't get enthusiastic from beating team away 1-6 and seeing probably best first half performance I've ever seen from City side?

And honestly, people (me included) have no trouble getting angered and pissed off when we draw or god forbid lose to sides like Burnley.

If you are only really happy when we beat rags or Chelsea away by five or six goals then you are up for pretty miserable life.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Fish111 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:44 am

Human nature i think NQDP. Anger & fustration are much more emotive feelings. We need to let off steam and vent our anger and blame somone or something when we lose. When we win it's a lot more calming emotion walking round with a smug grin on your face.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby john@staustell » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:45 am

This will only make reaction to the next draw or 2-1 win all the more insane! Part of the problem is over-expectation, so anything less than 6-1 now will bring howls of protest.

Mancini out!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby simon12 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:03 am

I bet we dont play like that next week
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:23 am

john@staustell wrote:This will only make reaction to the next draw or 2-1 win all the more insane! Part of the problem is over-expectation, so anything less than 6-1 now will bring howls of protest.

Mancini out!

you are probably right. Anyway, we beat record of leading by five clear goals in half time, yet even now some people are saying that we merely did what we should be doing every week. Some of the expectations are so unreasonable it's ridiculous. In real world, performances like these happen maybe once a season even for top teams.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:30 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Where are all the celebratory topics after amazing game? Where are all the topics giving virtual rimjobs to players and manager?

I came here to celebrate the perfect result and performance. Let's be havin' you!

It's Saturday Night. People were out on the town etc.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:34 am

simon12 wrote:I bet we dont play like that next week

We must. That doesn't mean we have to score 6 or are likely to score 6 but we must start the game with real positive intent which was very clear yesterday.One of the complaints this season ( almost all of it) is how we have started games slowly and cautiously and at times have never been able to properly get going.

Yesterday felt different to me. Maybe it was just because we scored so early and then got to 4 in a flash against a crap side I don't know. How much it was helped by not having a 100% defensive midfield player in there is hard to say but I got the feeling that we went to win that game from the off and that message has got home. Carry on with that mentality and we will get 4th.The only game that concerns me is Spurs but hopeully they won't be close by then :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:49 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Where are all the celebratory topics after amazing game? Where are all the topics giving virtual rimjobs to players and manager?

I came here to celebrate the perfect result and performance. Let's be havin' you!

leave it to you to find something to be upset about after that performance. Happy Easter. Fucler.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Sorry I didnt post straight after the game Niall, only just got back to my 'top.

Im pretty sure Burnley wont bother playing 424 again from the off for a while. Didnt work out too good.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

We must. That doesn't mean we have to score 6 or are likely to score 6 but we must start the game with real positive intent which was very clear yesterday.One of the complaints this season ( almost all of it) is how we have started games slowly and cautiously and at times have never been able to properly get going.

Yesterday felt different to me. Maybe it was just because we scored so early and then got to 4 in a flash against a crap side I don't know. How much it was helped by not having a 100% defensive midfield player in there is hard to say but I got the feeling that we went to win that game from the off and that message has got home. Carry on with that mentality and we will get 4th.The only game that concerns me is Spurs but hopeully they won't be close by then :)

I'm praying that Spurs and Villa get in the FA cup final next week as I imagine in doing that this will have an affect on the mentality of their players as no one is going to want to miss a cup final either by I injury or suspension. Hoping that it will cause a drop off in their league form like we saw with Everton last season. I think Pool are the team to worry about.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

I'm praying that Spurs and Villa get in the FA cup final next week as I imagine in doing that this will have an affect on the mentality of their players as no one is going to want to miss a cup final either by I injury or suspension. Hoping that it will cause a drop off in their league form like we saw with Everton last season. I think Pool are the team to worry about.

i believe Scouse filth could win out and not drop another point tbh...wouldn't be surprising.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

I agree there SOF, I think Liverpool are still the dangerteam. Although Benitez seems to be doing his utmost to help us.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Strange thread.

You really need to stop questioning fellow city fans' support of the club. Its not on. In another thread you had a go at me for not posting on here last night. I posted in the match thread yesterday and I went off and got fucking drunk like I do every other saturday night.

Posting on here doesn't make you more of a fan.

As for saying people post much more when we lose - you were THE worst person everytime a game didn't go our way under the last guy... thread after thread after thread...

So its a bit rich to be giving stick to those who didn't post on a Saturday night.

For the record, I absolutely loved that game and I was proud as fuck - just like I was when we dismantled Pompey 6-0 last season. Hughes bought an amazingly gifted attacking team and that's how they should be deployed. It was a joy to behold.
Original Dub

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:Strange thread.

You really need to stop questioning fellow city fans' support of the club. Its not on. In another thread you had a go at me for not posting on here last night. I posted in the match thread yesterday and I went off and got fucking drunk like I do every other saturday night.

Posting on here doesn't make you more of a fan.

As for saying people post much more when we lose - you were THE worst person everytime a game didn't go our way under the last guy... thread after thread after thread...

So its a bit rich to be giving stick to those who didn't post on a Saturday night.

For the record, I absolutely loved that game and I was proud as fuck - just like I was when we dismantled Pompey 6-0 last season. Hughes bought an amazingly gifted attacking team and that's how they should be deployed. It was a joy to behold.

agree with this.. game was an absolute beauty, watched it with 6 or more rag fans who had lingered in the bar after they got beat haha.. was a dream and i stayed out on the lash till 5.30, even got bought a few drinks by the rag fans ! i think they can see the writing on the wall.. love it.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:49 pm

zuricity wrote:
I agree there SOF, I think Liverpool are still the dangerteam. Although Benitez seems to be doing his utmost to help us.

is it just the fact that we expect them to come back strong because of the past.. because going off the evidence of their play and results i can only see them being a danger to themselves tbh. I watched most of their game today and they look about the same level as Brum. Dont see why anyone should expect them to finish any higher than 6th or 7th.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby btajim » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:As for saying people post much more when we lose - you were THE worst person everytime a game didn't go our way under the last guy... thread after thread after thread...

He wasn't the only one - but he was one of the most vocal.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:11 pm

btajim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:As for saying people post much more when we lose - you were THE worst person everytime a game didn't go our way under the last guy... thread after thread after thread...

He wasn't the only one - but he was one of the most vocal.

True.

the thing is, this thread is asking whether people on here are rags, because as far as I know, they're the only ones who are happy when we lose? Not a very nice thread IMO
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:34 pm

Original Dub wrote:True.

the thing is, this thread is asking whether people on here are rags, because as far as I know, they're the only ones who are happy when we lose? Not a very nice thread IMO

I feel ill when I see people on here accusing others of being Devil Worshippers. I really don't understand how someone can sink so low when they're trying to make a point.

It sickens me.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum