King Kev On ESPN

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

King Kev On ESPN

Postby King Kev » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Good to see and hear him talking with so much affection about our club yesterday, he obviously still holds us in high regard.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: King Kev On ESPN

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:32 pm

I think there was a bit at half time when he said that he could see us getting double figures and it made me laff.
Same Kev still
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Smiled when he cited our FA comeback at Spurs as his own worst away deficit as a manager. Coppell topped that with a 9-O at Anfield when he managed Palace.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby s1ty m » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Whatever went wrong at the end of the KK regime, I will always regard it as the best time watching City since the 76-77 seasons.

Turning up to see Ali B play was among the most entertaining things I have ever seen. He was a total football genius and KK brought him in.

KK played football the right way. That night at Spurs was just ridiculous.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Crossie » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 pm

I think he just got pissed off with the lack of money and he got abit depressed, lost the dressing room, and didnt take long for him to do what he always does. Quit.

I dont think he has ever been the sort of David Moyes, Roy Hodgeson, even Fergie style manager, those managers take 11 players and make them better as a team than they are individually.

Sven, Keegan, Benitez all have to have money to make things work, they just buy in the talent.

If we'd have had the money to match the ambition Keegan would have taken us higher, but the timing wasnt right.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby ronk » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:06 pm

s1ty m wrote:Whatever went wrong at the end of the KK regime, I will always regard it as the best time watching City since the 76-77 seasons.

Turning up to see Ali B play was among the most entertaining things I have ever seen. He was a total football genius and KK brought him in.

KK played football the right way. That night at Spurs was just ridiculous.

KK spent money fast and some of it was a terrible waste. Signing Fowler was the point of no return. We were broke after that and it was a question of hanging on. The squad needed a lot of rebuilding when he left.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby King Kev » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:07 pm

ronk wrote:Signing Fowler was the point of no return.
Agreed. The Fowler signing cost the club a lot, and not just in monetary terms.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby colonel_muck » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:18 am

its very hard not to love keegan, was made up the day he came to us and heartbroken when he left, though the last few months of his tenure you could see how physically depressed he was getting, think he needed to get out of the game when he did. he wasn't the same when he went back to newcastle, he seemed to have lost something in himself. by god the football he brought to city was breath taking, and yes we were also terrible at times but his reign is one i will remember with rose tinted spectacles.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby branny » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:19 am

He played attacking football. Just didn't have a clue about shutting up shop. Goats volleyed goal at Gillingham from Ali Bs backheel was as good as you'll see anywhere.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:40 am

Crossie wrote:I think he just got pissed off with the lack of money and he got abit depressed, lost the dressing room, and didnt take long for him to do what he always does. Quit.

Definitely. He knows how to play the Media as well. The man has this incredible following in the right circles yet he always leaves under a cloud.

I doubt he'll manage again - but this is Kevin Keegan we're talking about.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Return to The Maine Football forum