AJ

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

AJ

Postby s1ty m » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:18 pm

Some player this lad and what a player he is going to be. We have signed an absolute diamond. The best young English talent? 100%. And he's ours.

Thanks Joey.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Re: AJ

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:23 pm

ye must say he has been brilliant. When he signed I think everyone thought one for the future, maybe to fill bellamys boots eventually.

But no way, he is well in the starting 11 and IMO probably one of the first names on the sheet.

His corners are great
He can take people on, and get past them
He has a brilliant shot
Also very versatile and can play in a number of positions

I wonder if he was mancini's call or whether the deal was lined up well before the winter? I am guessing Kidd would have been well aware of him.
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:32 pm

wait a bit lads. i rate the kid but he was pretty anonymous vs Chelsea, and tends to fade in the 2nd half. the latter complaint should evaporate once his fitness improves (City training>Boro training), but he is not the finished article.

in the side on merit however, and if he keeps improving he will be one of the best in the prem.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Blood » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:40 pm

City and England legend in the making. Said it when he signed and i doubley believe it now.

The lad has everything to be one of the best in the game.

Also imo Capello should be seriously considering him for this summers world cup. He could play a big part for us!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Also to add, much better than bloody downing, and will get even better.
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:07 pm

Lee_Kinda wrote:Also to add, much better than bloody downing, and will get even better.

Bloody better than SWP at the min who really needs to get his head down and find some form.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Lee_Kinda wrote:Also to add, much better than bloody downing, and will get even better.

Bloody better than SWP at the min who really needs to get his head down and find some form.

Very true. And don't forget we still have Weiss for the future. Can you imagine Weiss and Johnson running down the wings together in a few years time!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:28 pm

He's been everything we hoped and more. Top signing and already looks a snip. Added that extra something we needed from the window.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:57 pm

the things I like about him are his mastery of the ball and the fact that he seems to have a well developed football brain at a young age.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:30 pm

He's still got a bit to go. He was well out of position a few times on saturdAy and made some interesting decisions. But with experience he will be great.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:29 am

Top top talent. No question about it. I expected him to be really good but he has exceeded my expectations. I had only seen him passingly,always being impressed, and he stood out all the time in Championship highlights, and he always looked promising but it's clear he flourishes around good players. No wonder Boro fans weren't all that bothered about losing Downing at the time!

As with any young player, and especially winger, he will face rough patch at some stage and he will have to show character to get through that spell and inevitable crowd abuse/moaning.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby eastlandsblue » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:03 am

dazby wrote:He's still got a bit to go. He was well out of position a few times on saturdAy and made some interesting decisions. But with experience he will be great.

110% agree still as a lot to learn
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:48 am

When my Italian friends ask me about my trip for the Wigum game, I only tell them: "I watched for the 1st time in my life a young magnificent talent called Adam Johnson! Only glorious AC Milan Roberto Donadoni or famous Giallorossi giant Bruno Conti should be compared at this lad!"
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:52 am

Lee_Kinda wrote:I wonder if he was mancini's call or whether the deal was lined up well before the winter? I am guessing Kidd would have been well aware of him.

It's understood that Marwood introduced him to Mancini and our Manager was allowed to say Yes.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:03 am

Agree with all that's been said here about AJ. He is a tremondous talent and will only improve with time.
Having said that, I would like him to pass more instead of shooting from difficult positions. On Saturday we could have
scored 2-3 goals if he had passed instead of shooting with Tevez, Bellers and Ade all in excellent positions.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby bluechester » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:04 am

the lad is quality & i know think shauny is going to find it hard to get back in the first 11 again, AJ as it all, can take a wicked corner, play on either wing, pass dribble our very own giggs,

also an ian curtis lookalike
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:16 am

Rather hesitant when it comes to shooting with it on his right foot (understandably) but I can't really fault him with much else. I can't help thinking if he's this good now what will he be like in a season or two? Sooo much good young talent coming through/coming in, very exciting times indeed.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:13 pm

You can see he has the potential to be one of the best in the world and its great that hes doing it in a blue shirt :)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby TrueBlue82 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:29 pm

a great signing and a snip at 7m!

he can take players on and he hugs the touchline so close how he keeps the ball in sometimes i dont know!

great set piece taker, just what we have been missing!

capello should def be watching and seriously thinking of a call up,maybe for englands next game (Mexico friendly?)
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:57 pm

TrueBlue82 wrote:a great signing and a snip at 7m!

he can take players on and he hugs the touchline so close how he keeps the ball in sometimes i dont know!

great set piece taker, just what we have been missing!

capello should def be watching and seriously thinking of a call up,maybe for englands next game (Mexico friendly?)

Glad we've got him taking corners & are once again sticking the ball into the centre of the box where players can attack it rather than the stupid, fucking far post rubbish we seemed to be slipping back into recently. Like to see him get an occasional game as a genuine winger putting crosses in for Ade/RSC though. We've still only seen him in that role very briefly & usualy when we've had no centre forward on the pitch for him to cross the ball to. He put some great balls in v Everton but we just had dwarves in the penalty area so it was a waste of time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum