Joe Hart...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Joe Hart...

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Joe Hart...

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:18 pm

We really should just give him permission to be away for another 2 or 3 years. Then bring him back, give him a big fat contract and make him our number 1.

Let Given know he's stable for 3 years. But he only has that time to help lead us to glories, by then he can either play number 2 to Hart or find employment elsewhere.

It'd be a bit shitty for Given, but Joe is the future, and we should have a plan in place for him that is only fair to all those concerned.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:21 pm

Disappointing attitude IMO. The squad has been used this season, and I'm sure he would be given an opportunity to prove his worth against Given
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:24 pm

I really really honestly do not give one iota of a shit about what suits Birmingham or Alex McLeish at all so throw that out for starters.

Hart is under contract to us, and OUR interests are the principle here. Therefore he should come back to City and battle for a spot, end of. Whether that "hurts" his feelings or not, well they have a word for that in Russia ...... Toughski's.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby King Kev » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:05 pm

From what I could see of that article there are no quotes from Hart at all.

There are, however, quotes from McLeish. This doesn't surprise me as he obviously has an agenda when it comes to who Joe plays for.

My prediction is that we will qualify for the CL, Joe will come back and play at least 15 games for us next season.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:11 pm

Although, as KK has said, that story is bullshit, I do believe that Yo will want regular first team football. And we shouldn't want it any other way.

A 'nice' headache to have.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:54 am

There could hardly be a better example of the loan system working well!!!

Birmingham have obviously got a lot out of it

CITY have been able to secure a rising young talent - but one with some rough edges - on a 5 year contract whilst installing a better 1st team option during this crucial time in our development

Hart (whether he likes it or not) has the security of a 5 year contract with the richest club in the world - a placement in which he is (has been) able to demonstrate his quality whilst not being vulnerable to the sort of exposure that could damage his confidence

It has gone well for all parties - logic dictates - 1 more loan year then back to CITY to compete for the number 1 spot - a couple of years of rotation before a new contract as the best paid goalie in the PL as the established England No.1 - while still in mid-twenties - very very young for a goalie!!
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:22 am

Goaters 103 wrote:I really really honestly do not give one iota of a shit about what suits Birmingham or Alex McLeish at all so throw that out for starters.

Hart is under contract to us, and OUR interests are the principle here. Therefore he should come back to City and battle for a spot, end of. Whether that "hurts" his feelings or not, well they have a word for that in Russia ...... Toughski's.

fully agree.

Yo was moaning big time when Given came in and seemed to lost interest which worried me. And according to some, pretty reliable in my books, rumours that I heard Hart was homesick in Manchester and wanted back to Birmingham area. Anyway, he is a grown up man now and England international. If he wants to prove his worth, he is going to throw the challenge on number one spot and win it if he is good enough.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:44 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:We really should just give him permission to be away for another 2 or 3 years. Then bring him back, give him a big fat contract and make him our number 1.

Let Given know he's stable for 3 years. But he only has that time to help lead us to glories, by then he can either play number 2 to Hart or find employment elsewhere.

It'd be a bit shitty for Given, but Joe is the future, and we should have a plan in place for him that is only fair to all those concerned.

Why would Hart agree to go out on loan for all that time? If he wants stability and security then City need to show it to him.

He's a great little 'Keeper but can you see him as Mr Reliable for our Champions League Matches? I can't.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Patrick » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:59 am

Can Joe play on saturday?
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby bluechester » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:08 am

Patrick wrote:Can Joe play on saturday?

no loan players cant play against their parent clubs

i would let him out on loan for anouther year or 2, gets some experiance then bring him back, no pont him sitting on our bench
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Crossie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:39 am

Ideally.

England need 2 goal keeping injuries for the world cup, they call on Hart as number 1 and he plays a blinder, saving 3 penalties in the world cup final as we beat the Krauts 4-2 on pens.

Given gets injured in a freak pre season training accident on day one of pre season.

Hart takes the number one spot at City, Given is then kept as back up and is happy about it.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:00 am

Crossie wrote:Ideally.

...Given gets injured in a freak pre season training accident on day one of pre season...

You'd better hide that sledgehammer receipt :)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm

It,s a no brainer ffs.....if we qualify for the CL how can we go into the season with just one keeper??? Tayler is fucking wank and Given needs someone to compete with him .

I couldnt give a fuck about Harts feelings..we pay him and we pay him to do as he,s told so fuck off McCleish and stop whining all the time and go out and buy a fucking keeper you tight cunt.!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:58 pm

As said, there are no quotes from Joe himself, this is all McLeish
We kept our side of the bargain with Joe i.e. loaning him out all season so he'll get plenty of game time before the world cup, we left ourselves exposed to massive risk as if anything happens to shay, we'll be without a quality keeper - the lad is our player, it would be unreasonable of him to ask us to take that risk again, especially as we'll hopefully have plenty of champs league games added to our season next term
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:29 pm

It's difficult for any Club to have two top 'Keepers on the books and keep them both happy. Footballers want to play.

Sending Hart out on loan for the season was a very wise move because he's picked up lots of experience and he'd get none of that whilst sat on the Bench here - but Birmingham are having a good season and if he's a part of that then they'll want to keep him.

Would Hart be happy to be sent out on loan again?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Honestly I think he is gonna give Given a run for goal next season and its gonna be good to watch as right now Shay knows hes number 1 and his competition is never gonna knock him off that spot..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum