Team For Birmingham

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Team For Birmingham

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:01 am

Puzzled by Sylvinho playing ahead of Garrido on Saturday. Javi didn't even make it off the bench when he got injured.
Wonder who will be at left back against Brum? Presumably Sylvinho's calf injury will preclude him.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Team For Birmingham

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 am

I think the old grey badger was in because Garrido just doesn´t have enough ability to cope with his complete lack of pace, whereas Sylvinho at least gives a bit more skill. And I´m pretty sure Bobby had identified Burnley as being shite.

However, injuries permitting there cant be much grounds for change this time. DeJong for Vieira maybe, or maybe not seeing as he had a decent game and we have a home match. If Bridge and Sylvinho are injured how about:

Given
Ned/Micah Toure Kompany Barry
AJ DeJong Vieira Bellers
Tevez Ade
Last edited by john@staustell on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:01 am

john@staustell wrote:If Bridge and Sylvinho are injured how about:

Given
Ned/Micah Toure Kompany Bridge
AJ DeJong Vieira Bellers
Tevez Ade

Are you suggesting that Bridge should play even if he is injured? ;)

Personally, I don't think we should change a winning side. Especially one that won so well. See about injuries later in the week.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:03 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
john@staustell wrote:If Bridge and Sylvinho are injured how about:

Given
Ned/Micah Toure Kompany Bridge
AJ DeJong Vieira Bellers
Tevez Ade

Are you suggesting that Bridge should play even if he is injured? ;)

Personally, I don't think we should change a winning side. Especially one that won so well. See about injuries later in the week.

No sorry mate that should be Barry - not enough sleep! I´ll edit orginal. I think we look better with him at LB when he switches there.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:49 am

too early to speculate really, see what the injuries are later in the week.

there are however increasing numbers of nailed on starters these days.
Given
Kompany
Barry
AJ
Ade
Tevez
Bellers
( Lescott, Bridge )

on top of that the rest of them are not 3 bad either if on form.. SWP, Ned, Vieira, Toure, Ireland, DeJong (when needed)
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:34 pm

we need the same players as against burnley, they did well and its important to try and keep the same team, if 1 is injured, we have a few days to see how he responds b4 deciding to change.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Sylvhino and Vierira had cracking performance against shitty Burnley.....Id keep them both in against Birmingham.

Seriously - I couldnt give a shit about NDJ as I think he has nothing ..absolutly nothing to offer us imo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Sylvhino and Vierira had cracking performance against shitty Burnley.....Id keep them both in against Birmingham.

Seriously - I couldnt give a shit about NDJ as I think he has nothing ..absolutly nothing to offer us imo.

thats a bit harsh carl.. i think he is still useful when we need someone to do the enforcing.. he could still play a part in the Derby and Arsenal game. But having said that i would still be happy to see how we got on in those games without him
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:54 pm

De Jong is very useful against attacking teams - Arse and Spurs spring to mind, he won't be so useful against Brum though

I would stick with the same team assuming everyone is available
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:01 pm

by his comments it seems to me Bobby doesn't want to lose the option of DeJong for the Derby and Arsenal, hence not playing him if he doesn't have to. So i wouldn't expect him to start against Brum based on that alone. The upshot of that is that we get to play more attack minded football.. and Bobby sees more of what we are capable of without the shackle Nige seems to put on us.. so thats all good imo
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby kinkylola » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:42 pm

i can't see barry playing anywhere but mid at the moment. He's been looking too good lately, and I thought he looked excellent at burnley (everyone did, but i liked barry's movement), and has looked great in previous games too. I think Vieira and barry in the middle is a solid (but slow) midfield and is much more attacking than any other combo (except one with ireland ... if Ireland were on form at all. unfortunately he isn't). Barry and Vieira are both slow as fuck, but both have an eye for a pass, and I think that communication from Vieira to the d can somewhat make up for his lack of pace
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Comparing Brum to Burnley is comparing chalk and cheese. One is very well organised and basically defensive and the other is Burnley.

I think he would like to leave out NDJ because of the bookings thing but there would be some danger that we wouldn't get hold of midfield just as we didn't against Everton where Vieira's lack of mobility was totally exposed. My gut feel though is he will keep the same team with hopefully Bridge at left full back as I suspect Silvinho won't be fit even if he wanted him.

Whatever the team let's hope we come out firing from the start.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Forgetting it was Burnley..Barry once again played an excellent game.....and once again without NDJ alongside him.
Why is this?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:15 pm

Birmingham have been under-estimated by so many teams this year - we were luck to get a point at their place - I think that we should attack them from the off but have some steel behind that can handle a break-away - that means de jong in for PV
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:15 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Comparing Brum to Burnley is comparing chalk and cheese. One is very well organised and basically defensive and the other is Burnley.

I think he would like to leave out NDJ because of the bookings thing but there would be some danger that we wouldn't get hold of midfield just as we didn't against Everton where Vieira's lack of mobility was totally exposed. My gut feel though is he will keep the same team with hopefully Bridge at left full back as I suspect Silvinho won't be fit even if he wanted him.

Not sure i would follow your logic Doug, as DeJong played against the Toffees anyway. Brum are very organised so we have to be on top of our game, a key factor is them missing Joe and how much that plays on them having to protect the 2nd choice. With the firepower we have got i think they are already going to be quite worried. also finally it is possibly quite doubtful we will will encounter another team this season with Evertons level of desire to do us.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby simon12 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:31 pm

I`d keep the same team and only change Lescott for Toure if available
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:42 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Comparing Brum to Burnley is comparing chalk and cheese. One is very well organised and basically defensive and the other is Burnley.

Not sure i would follow your logic Doug, as DeJong played against the Toffees anyway. Brum are very organised so we have to be on top of our game, a key factor is them missing Joe and how much that plays on them having to protect the 2nd choice. With the firepower we have got i think they are already going to be quite worried. also finally it is possibly quite doubtful we will will encounter another team this season with Evertons level of desire to do us.

I accept that playing NDJ is no guarantee of running midfield but I think the game against Everton was about the whole team and the way they were sent out to play.Seems though that the boss is looking to shield NDJ till after next weekend when the bookings effect changes.That suggests Mancini thinks he is important to us in midfield when there is real opposition in there.I am actually on the fence re NDJ as I have seen have magnificent games in the purely defensive role but also not so good ones when his lack of linking play is a worry. Against Brum I would leave it the same and we will see how Patrick fares against a well organised tough midfield.

As for desire I think Brum have plenty of desire as we will find out again.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby kinkylola » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:12 pm

think we could do a lot worse then leaving the mid the same. If we are starting bellers, AJ, tevez and ade ... there is more than enough movement and creativity up top to make up for a slower midfield ... and all the runs being made are going to really show us paddy and barry's passing abilities I think. If they can sit back and spray balls around while taking turns pushing forward, I think we can break down a lot of teams to be honest.

I mean, look at the rags midfield for a second ... there is absolutely no pace there. Whether they are playing giggs scholes feltcher or carrick .... they depend on rooney/valencia/park/nani making great runs to get onto good passes. they are not running anyone down in midfield by any stretch of the imagination.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Grob » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Now we are at the business end of the season, the time for chopping and changing is over. Its clear that apart from maybe the full backs on Saturday, that is currently our best team and we should stick with them baring injuries over the last 6 games. Even for Arsenel.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby failsworthblue » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:27 pm

NDJ over Vieira any day of the week.

Vieira looked good against one of the worst sides ever to be in the Prem.

I could have played in that mid.

Brum will be a totally different prospect.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum