Newcastle promoted.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Newcastle promoted.

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:24 pm

blootoof wrote:The delusions have already started.

yes i think we finsh mid tabel.the 2 other teams that go up r weaker,the likes of the scum, blackburn,bolton,wigan brum,wolves,stoke we are better then them on our day...just belive....come on the toon

You could just not make it up could you?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:16 pm

gillie wrote:

yes i think we finsh mid tabel.the 2 other teams that go up r weaker,the likes of the scum, blackburn,bolton,wigan brum,wolves,stoke we are better then them on our day...just belive....come on the toon

You really couldn't, Brum Blackburn and Stoke will all beat Newcastle next season no doubt about it.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:08 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
gillie wrote:

You really couldn't, Brum Blackburn and Stoke will all beat Newcastle next season no doubt about it.

Though a LOT will depend on what happens during summer. Money money money.. may chance things dramatically. But a european place like one fan at SkyS was saying they'll get - not a chance.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:02 am

how long until the "we belong in the top four" bullshit starts up?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sweenyuk » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 am

I wonder if they want Given back..??
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:49 am

Their promotion back to the Premiership seemed almost effortless. i.e. They hardly struggled to do it.

I think they'll be stable enough next season.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:54 am

Sister of fu wrote:I am actually glad they have come back up. Forest have drawn with Cardiff meaning they are up. Would much rather teams like Newcastle in the prem than the likes of teams like Bolton and Wigan.

I know Geordie fans are prob the most deluded in the country but we need someone to laugh at. No doubt they will want the prem league won next season by March!!

Completely agree with this. A game against Newcastle is a genuine Premier League game against a proper club, even when they're complete shit, just as it was when teams played us a few years ago. Games against teams like Wigan & Bolton are a chore like cleaning the bog; you have to do it but there's not much enthusiasm even when it's accomplished perfectly & nobody looks forward to watching it happen.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:39 am

Crossie wrote:I fuckin hate them, 6 points or not id rather have seen them do a Leeds

Me too mate we dont need there fucking egos its bad enough with the rags. At least the rags have the results to back up there egos.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby HeyMark » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:40 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I am actually glad they have come back up. Forest have drawn with Cardiff meaning they are up. Would much rather teams like Newcastle in the prem than the likes of teams like Bolton and Wigan.

I know Geordie fans are prob the most deluded in the country but we need someone to laugh at. No doubt they will want the prem league won next season by March!!

Completely agree with this. A game against Newcastle is a genuine Premier League game against a proper club, even when they're complete shit, just as it was when teams played us a few years ago. Games against teams like Wigan & Bolton are a chore like cleaning the bog; you have to do it but there's not much enthusiasm even when it's accomplished perfectly & nobody looks forward to watching it happen.

I never get this mentality, wigan and bolton are in the prem on merit, newcastle rightly went down last season, its good to see them back but not at the expense of teams who earned their right to play in the prem next season
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:44 am

On a side note... Seriously hope forest come back up though.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:49 am

Vhero wrote:On a side note... Seriously hope forest come back up though.

Me too. Tho I was a bit disappointed to see so many empty seats at their stadium yesterday. I thought it'd be a big game for them.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Grob » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:44 pm

Good, always good to have one of the countries best supported clubs back in the Prem.

I think they'll be fine next season. The likes of Wolves, Wigan, West Ham/Hull and 2 other wallys from the championship will be around.

The top 2 or 3 of the Championship and the bottom 6 in the Prem aren't disimilar. The best organised and most stable usually prevail.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:55 pm

HeyMark wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I never get this mentality, wigan and bolton are in the prem on merit, newcastle rightly went down last season, its good to see them back but not at the expense of teams who earned their right to play in the prem next season

Did not say that they did not deserve to be playing in the prem but there fans bring nothing to the table. How can two team'sthat play less than 15 miles away only bother to bring around 200 fans with them, there a joke!! I would much rather go to St Jame Park with 50,000 fans and an atmosphere then the Reebok or the DW with there chavi kiddy fans. This is just my take on it though!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby cdncityfan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:12 am

Have a feeling that Newcastle will be stable enough to stay up. All indications are that Ashley does not want to sink much more money into the club, so their buys will likely be solid journeymen as opposed to the star signings they used to make which never work out (ie. Michael Owen, Geremi, etc.). Likewise with the manager: Houghton would not be expensive to keep on and seems sound enough from this season and his previous times as caretaker manager to keep them afloat, but not much more.
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 am

Grob wrote:Good, always good to have one of the countries best supported clubs back in the Prem.

I think they'll be fine next season. The likes of Wolves, Wigan, West Ham/Hull and 2 other wallys from the championship will be around.

The top 2 or 3 of the Championship and the bottom 6 in the Prem aren't disimilar. [highlight]The best organised and most stable usually prevail[/highlight].

It's interesting isn't it, teams who make less changes in their first season back up, usually do better than teams that try complete squad overhaul. Also organization is indeed the key to survival. Look at Birmingham, godawful to watch but really really disciplined side who never let their gameplane slip away.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mike J » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:28 am

i wanted them to rot, i cant stand them or their nob head fans. looking forward to us burying them and the little freak sir joey at COMS next year.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:33 am

Has anyone got any idea what sort of season Joey has had? Has he found his level?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mike J » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:35 am

dazby wrote:Has anyone got any idea what sort of season Joey has had? Has he found his level?

im fairly sure he has been injured for most of it and has recently come back.

if not he was probably in jail.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby branny » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:50 am

They'll struggle with the squad they've got. The toon fan saying they are as good as Stoke, Brum etc obviously hasn't seen much premier league football this season. IMHO they'd struggle against most top flight teams at the moment. Welcome back Joey. Might have a tenner on you getting sent off at ComS if you're not taking a holiday courtesy of her majesty.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum